4x Hellrider

4x Mugging 
4x Rancor 
4x Searing Spear
4x Brimstone Volley 

4x Stomping Ground
4x Rootbound Crag
12x Mountain 

This seems too cost less than $200 and thats my budget, What do you guys think about it? Do You Think it Would Do Well at FNM?

Sry i Dont Know how to Autocard.

to autocard either put [c] and [/c] around each card or [deck] and [/deck] around your deck

(don't copy my tags, type them out yourself)
proud member of the 2011 community team
It looks pretty solid and could do reasonably well, depending on your metagame. My only reaction is that I think you have too many non-creature spells and possibly one or two lands too few. Other creatures often used in Gruul aggro are Lightning Mauler and Ghor-Clan Rampager.
I'd like to see something combo better with Burning Tree Emissary. I mean, you're not gonna play Ash Zealot off of it. Flinthoof Boar, sure, but t2 how will you pay for the haste? My favorite combo with the Emissary is Lightning Mauler. T2, swing for 4. I pretty much only play Emissary when I can combo off of it, otherwise its a vanilla 2/2. I suppose you could always go Emissary into Searing Spear...

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

Thanks For The Feed Back Guys!!

& Smoke_Stack i See What Your Saying About Tree Emissary i just thought it might help the splash of green but i like that lighting mauler combo i might find a way to make it fit any suggestions on making it fit?
Something like:

-2 Brimstone Volley / -1 Mugging / -1 Rancor / +4 Lightning Mauler

I don't play Gruul Aggro much, so I don't know if Lightning Mauler is something you'd want 4x of, but you can adjust as necessary.

Another idea might to be just to do away with Brimstone Volley entirely:

-4 Brimstone Volley / +4 Lightning Mauler 
I play the full four Lightning Mauler in a Naya Blitz deck. In that instance, I'm trying to combo out as quickly as possible but I think running four of them in any aggro deck is pretty reasonable. I don't mind playing them unpaired so when that next creature comes along (could be Flinthoof Boar) I can just throw something at them and regain tempo.

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

I tend to disagree about removing the brimstone volley's this deck always wants to be turned sideways (attacking) so inevitably, its going to take a hit at some point in the game and either one of your dudes or your opponents dudes are gonna die and then you can drop the volley for 5 ive done it so many times for the win. I if its really late game, and you have the 6 mana available you can swing, lose a dude and burn face for 10, fun and quite effective.
Cool Thanks For The FeedBack guys!!

i have one other question about Flashback 

if a card with Flashback goes to graveyard can i play that flashback like 6 turns later? 

or is it only the next turn?

Thanks! 
Cool Thanks For The FeedBack guys!!

i have one other question about Flashback 

if a card with Flashback goes to graveyard can i play that flashback like 6 turns later? 

or is it only the next turn?

Thanks!
Flashback can be paid at any time after the card is in the graveyard. Btw i run a base red gruul deck wins and have actually taken out the hellriders because i never really have the time to cast them and they usually get killed before attacking anyways. Just a way for you to save money on the build. Also if your meta has plenty of decks that run 1/1 and 2/2 creatures then i would suggest rolling temblor for the SB. I ran that tonight at my LGS's standard event and had much success with it. Nothing like killing 2 unflipped huntmaster of the fells and his tokens, then swinging with boars and reckoners lol.
my last question i have is about blocking

so i have a 5/1 creature that i choose to attack with, but my fiend was forced to block with a 4/4 & 1/1 

how does that cobat phase play out? do i kill both his creature or only one or none?

Thanks Again! 
You'd get to kill both. Also remember he chooses what creatures block but you choose the order in which they block. It does make a difference for combat sometimes.
You choose the order in which you assign damage. You have to assign lethal damage to the first creature you assign damage to before you get to assign any damage to the next creature, and so on.
Hey guys with boros reckoner if i attack/block with my 3/3 boros reckoner against say a 5/5 creature could i rederict the damage back to that 5/5 creature to make it a trade? or does that damage have to go to a different creature or player?
You can direct it at that creature. This is why Boros Reckoner is great: Good on offense, great on defense. Of course, my daughter turned three of my Boros Reckoner into Frog Lizards today, so they're not perfect.
Thanks For all the Feedback guys helped alot!!

i acually went with a Red Deck Wins Deck instead of this decklist i first posted its only like a 4 card difference & im loving it i just got back from my First FNM and i got 5th out of 15 people so not too bad!

Thanks again guys!!! 
i acually went with a Red Deck Wins Deck instead of this decklist i first posted its only like a 4 card difference & im loving it i just got back from my First FNM and i got 5th out of 15 people so not too bad!

That's great, congratulations!

i have another question on skullcrack

so say my oppenent taps to attack with griselbrand do i play skullcrack after he taps to attck with it or before so he cant gain the life from lifelink?

Thanks 
As long as you do it before combat damage resolves, it will prevent him from gaining life from lifelink. In general, you want to keep it as a surprise and you should do it as late as possible. Let's say he has four life left and all you have is a 3/3 Frog Lizard token on the battlefield. All his mana is tapped out and all he has on the battlefield is his Griselbrand (not very likely, but bear with me ). If you cast Skullcrack before he attacks, he may choose not to attack. If you do it after he has declared attackers, your Skullcrack drops him to 1, he can't gain life, and then you swing for lethal next turn.
Cool Cool Thanks Hreth You been alot of Help!!
Hey guys i was wondering what you think of Mark of Mutiny in a Red Deck Wins?

cus my metas got alot of Griselbrands & i was wondering if i stole Griselbrand with Mark of Mutiny and swong for 8 with grisel can i pay the 7 life after i swing in the same turn? and would you think thats smart?
Traitorous blood is the one you want and yes some RDW lists use it in the SB to steal the opponents fatties to use against them. Also yes, you can use his ability at any time as long as you control him whether you swing with him or not.
Yes, very smart, at least as a sideboard card. It has less value, for example, if you play against an aggro deck with lots of small creatures and almost no value against a control deck. As has been mentioned, Traitorous Blood is strictly better than Act of Treason, but if you only have the latter, it works. If you play a deck where you only splash red, there may also be an argument for the latter, since Traitorous Blood requires .

There is also Zealous Conscripts, which has the benefit of being a creature with haste and which can steal other permanents (think Planeswalkers), but costs two more mana to cast.
Sign In to post comments