Sagathia - A blue Legend

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Antrov Qerin
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (Rare)
: Search your library for a card with the same name as a spell that an opponent cast this turn and reveal it. If you do, shuffle your library and draw three cards, otherwise shuffle your library.
2/2

That last "otherwise shuffle your library" phrase is really weird...
Also, I'm not sure that the Tap ability is enough to limit it.  It should be a one-shot ability, so you can't draw six or nine cards from just one "match" but any form of untapping ability makes it go nuts.  Would it make more sense to just make it cost zero and add an "activate this ability only once each turn" clause on it?

Or maybe it's nuts already.  I just think it makes sideboarding and mirror matches really interesting. 
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
"Whenever an opponent casts a spell, you may search your library blah blah blah" ?

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

"search your library for a card and reveal it, then shuffle your library. If that card shares a name with a spell that an opponent cast this turn(/that spell), draw three cards."

the "that spell" option is for if you go for Shazzeh's wording.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

I think this would be more interesting as an instant that also counters your opponent's spell. "Let me show you how it's done" flavor, etc.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

"search your library for a card and reveal it, then shuffle your library. If that card shares a name with a spell that an opponent cast this turn(/that spell), draw three cards."

the "that spell" option is for if you go for Shazzeh's wording.

They actually don't use "shares" for name matches. Candles of Leng etc. all use "has the same name as."

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/