4/8/2013 FTL: "A Little Weird"

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.
This guy looks like he'll be a lot of fun. The exact same cards (counters and creature removal) that help get you to the late game really slam once you have him in play. And you don't even need to draw them!

I was hoping the U/R maze runner would be significantly weaker, though. I don't currently own a U/R commander, let alone one from Ravnica. I really wanted him to be cheap

What do you think? 1$ 1.50$ 

Don't make me stoop to Tibor and Lumia!
Nin can be had for $1.50 or lower if you find the right place to buy from.

My first thought was to run and check whether Epic Experiment exiled cards, or just revealed them from your library.
I was sorely disappointed.
Reviewing both this and Fuse on the same day... lamest preview nombo ever.
Luckily the new art Simic Guildgate gets me exited about the set. 
Does anyone else feel cheated when you see things like Sensei's Divining Top in a combo deck? Maybe it's just me, but I just feel like it is almost on the same level as saying that something combos with Doubling Season. Of course Top makes your combo deck better. It makes any deck that relies on consistency better. But this is the Johnny column. People don't come here looking for something op'd and obvious, they want to find some ridiculous infinite combo.
So, one of the least power guilds seems to have gotten even weaker. This is my not excited face : l
Does anyone else feel cheated when you see things like Sensei's Divining Top in a combo deck? Maybe it's just me, but I just feel like it is almost on the same level as saying that something combos with Doubling Season. Of course Top makes your combo deck better. It makes any deck that relies on consistency better. But this is the Johnny column. People don't come here looking for something op'd and obvious, they want to find some ridiculous infinite combo.

ALL SIXTY CARDS IN YOUR DECK MUST BE COMBO PIECES NO MATTER WHETHER THEYLL EVER GO OFF OR NOT

THUS SAITH US ALL 
Well, it is a fact that Sensei's Divining Top is the least fun Magic card ever printed and was a huge mistake in many ways. So I agree with the premise that it doesn't belong in this (or any) deck. What a stupid card. 
ALL SIXTY CARDS IN YOUR DECK MUST BE COMBO PIECES NO MATTER WHETHER THEYLL EVER GO OFF OR NOT

THUS SAITH US ALL 

I'm sure I can manage with that...
Not every card is a combo, moreso op'd utility card is... too obvious. Even just putting in a fourth Flames of the Firebrand would be better to me because it interacts with this specific deck really well and isn't something that makes any deck better pretty much always.