Homebrew Fighter (Knight) Paragon Path, requesting opinions

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I built this paragon path for a player of mine with the intent to both be balanced and tailored to his character. He play a hammer+shield wielding Dwarf Fighter (Knight).

I tried to balance each individual aspect, however I am wanting input about the Paragon path as a whole. Do you think it is overpowered? Underpowered? Is this something that would prevent other fighters from choosing otherwise printed paragon paths? If so, what parts would you change?

DECENDANT OF MAGNITHIL
Prerequisite: Fighter (Knight), Power Strike, Defender Aura

Kings Command Action (11th Level): When you spend an action point to make a melee basic attack you may apply power strike to the attack without expending a use of power strike.

Resolute Will (11th level): When you use your second wind, you also gain of temporary hit points equal to 10 plus the number of healing surges you have remaining.

Whirling Bulwark (16th level): You add your shield bonus to your Fortitude, Will, and damage rolls with Melee Basic Attacks.

DECENDANT OF MAGNITHIL -Attack- 11 Helmoors Thunder
With a burst of adrenaline you unleash a succession of lightning quick attacks that strike surrounding enemies.

Encounter Martial, Weapon
Standard Action  Close Burst 1
Effect: Make a melee basic attack against each enemy you can see in burst.
Special: When you use this power you must expend one use of power strike. You do not gain any benefit from the expended power strike.

DECENDANT OF MAGNITHIL -Utility- 12
Sudden Clarity
When pressed to the grim challenge of survival your mind focuses by instinct allowing you to see what others cannot.

Daily Martial
Immediate Reaction Personal
Trigger: You become bloodied
Effect: Until the end of the encounter when you use a melee basic attack against an enemy inside your defender aura you have combat advantage for that attack.

DESCENDANT OF MAGNITHIL  --Attack-- 20
Might of Magnithil
You awaken the primordial soul of the elements within you and your flesh turns to thick impenetrable stone. You set upon your foes with crushing indignation.

Daily        Martial, Weapon
Standard Action      Melee weapon
Target: one creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 3[w] + Strength modifier damage, push the target 5 squares and the target is then knocked prone.
Miss:  Half damage
Effect:  Enemies adjacent to the square the target is pushed to take damage equal to your Strength modifier. You gain a +2 bonus to AC, and can ignore being pulled, pushed, slid, or knocked prone until the end of the encounter.

Should I take a lack of replies as a good sign and say that this PP is indeed not overpowered?
More like this is a dead forum Tongue Out

But with regards to the paragon path, it's okay. Resolute Will and Whirling Bulwark are a bit overpowered though.

The strength of Resolute Will depends on other second wind optimization he's got going, but if he has none it'll probably work out. 

Whirling Bulwark on the other hand is like 3 feats in one: the feats that add your shield bonus to Fort and Will, and a damage-boosting feat. But there are worse offenders when it comes to damage-boosting paragon paths, so if you're cool with not hitting him ever this seems like a fine write-up.
Sign In to post comments