[Contest] Tribel Unhinged

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tribal Unhinged

JOIN NOW!

Need 5 ppl for 5 rounds.

In each round I will give concept. Make a card related to that concept.

I will add bonus specifications as we increase in rounds.

This event will start as soon as we have 5 ppl, rounds last maximum of 48hrs. Excluding Weekends

Rated on.  1) Design to instructions  
                 2) Balance 
                 3) Flavour
                 4) Originality/Funny Factor
                 5) Playability

5 bonus points for peer fav card

Each section is worth 10 points with 50 been the max to be  earned. 

Good Luck

Artistic Disclaimer

Please note that none of this art is created by me. It is taken from the internet just to add an image to the cards.
The art is still owned by the artist.If you are the artist of the art, please contact me if you would like it removed.

The Artist Line is only used to show it is a card I have rendered.

In.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
In
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. -Chuck Palahniuk My Card as designed by febbstalicious42
Show
Four-Finger Discount :2mana: Instant Gain control of target creature. You lose life equal to its toughness. Almost as good as the five-finger discount.
phyrexianloyalty.png
in
in

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
in 
Ok Gents, Round 1.

Design a Unhinged Card based on your Fav Unhinged card.

For example, mine is Elvish House Party  so my card is Goblin House Party.

Good Luck 
Round Ends in 24Hrs as its only one card to create.

Artistic Disclaimer

Please note that none of this art is created by me. It is taken from the internet just to add an image to the cards.
The art is still owned by the artist.If you are the artist of the art, please contact me if you would like it removed.

Rocket Strapped Goblin Firebomber | :R::R::R:
Creature - Goblin

When Rocket Strapped Goblin Firebomber enters the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to each other creature and each player.

Super haste (This may attack the turn before you play it. (You may put this card into play from your hand, tapped and attacking, during your declare attackers step. If you do, you lose the game at the end of your next turn unless you pay this card's mana cost during that turn.))

1/1
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. -Chuck Palahniuk My Card as designed by febbstalicious42
Show
Four-Finger Discount :2mana: Instant Gain control of target creature. You lose life equal to its toughness. Almost as good as the five-finger discount.
phyrexianloyalty.png
Rocket Strapped Goblin Firebomber | :R::R::R:
Creature - Goblin

When Rocket Strapped Goblin Firebomber enters the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to each other creature and each player.

Super haste (This may attack the turn before you play it. (You may put this card into play from your hand, tapped and attacking, during your declare attackers step. If you do, you lose the game at the end of your next turn unless you pay this card's mana cost during that turn.))

1/1

What card is it based on?

Artistic Disclaimer

Show
phyrexianloyalty.png
Man, all my parody cards are parodies of actual cards, not of Unhinged cards.  I thought about doing "Greatest Morphling", but here's Back to the Future. 

backtothefuture

It's like Blast from the Past, except it's all Future Sight only keywords.
Super-Ambiguity
Enchantment
Whenever a player plays a spell that counters a spell that counters another spell, as long as the original spell countered a spell with counters on it, and the counters were created by a spell that was not countered, counter that spell. 
I dont even know anymore....

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
Man, all my parody cards are parodies of actual cards, not of Unhinged cards.  I thought about doing "Greatest Morphling", but here's Back to the Future. 

backtothefuture

This is brilliant in so many ways.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Honest Abe
Creature - Human Politician
Any opponent may put Honest Abe into your graveyard at any time if they can do it without you noticing.  If you catch them right away, return Honest Abe to the battlefield and you gain five life.
2/2

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Dudibus you ninja! Curse you!! I was going to do cheatyface.

And I agree with keeper. Brilliant.

I'll do:
Form of the Homarid
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a tide counter on ~. Then if it has three or more tide counters on it, remove all tide counters from this.
While ~ has no tide counters on it, lands you control that would produce mana, produce instead.
While ~ has one tide counter on it, creatures without flying and/or islandwalk can't attack you.
While ~ has two tide counters on it, creatures you control are unblockable, creatures without islandwalk can't attack you, and you can't cast spells.

Yeah. 
levelers should stack their abities

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]
Kin Jomg-um
Legendary Creature - Imp 
Provoke
TAP: Kin Jomg-um deals 1 damage to target player. At the beginning of your end step, destroy all permanents you control. 
파괴!!!
1/1
I will have the results up tomorrow. 

Round 2.

Design a unhiunged land.

Should create some type of token. 

Good Luck

Artistic Disclaimer

Here's a crazy idea...putting counters on other counters, and then counters on counters on counters.

Shroom Farmer
Creature-Druid
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a spore counter on Shroom Farmer.
Remove three spore counters from Shroom Farmer: Put a 1/1 white, blue, black, red and green Elephant token onto the battlefield.
Spore counters on creatures you control have "At the beginning of your upkeep, put a fungus counter on this counter.  Remove three fungus counters from this counter: Put a spore counter on target creature"
Fungus counters on creatures you control have "At the beginning of your upkeep, put a shroom counter on this counter.  Remove three shroom counters from this counter: Put a fungus counter on target creature"
Turn on a psychadelic rock song: you gain two life
0/2

shroomfarmer

Parody of Elvish Farmer and its Planar Chaos knockoff Mycologist.  But, since I doubt you'd see Saprolings while on 'shrooms, I changed it to five-color elephants
Sorry Guys, really swamped at work, will have the results up asap.

Artistic Disclaimer

bump

backtothefuture

This is brilliant in so many ways.

i was gonna say that <3

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
OK, since this thread has ground to a halt, I'm gonna guess that one of the criteria in a subsequent round is either gonna be a "Gotcha" or a "Super" evergreen ability.   Here's one that fulfills both:

really powerful angel

As you probably guessed from the mana cost, power, toughness and art, this is a parody of Akroma, Angel of Wrath.  This in keeping with my Time Spiral love in this thread (Akroma was timeshifted).  It's also a parody of other, more recent win-condition Angels like Lady Gaga