Best 5th member for this party

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
We have an assassin, wizard, swordmage, and warlord currently in the party. Which class would make a really good 5th member here?
Striker with an MBA.
Barbarian, Ranger, or their ilk. Avenger sounds nice since you lack Wisdom. 
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Would a fighter be decent as well?
Potentially. He should focus a little more on damage however, as your party seems to sorely lack it.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
If a player just wants a taste of fighter a lot of the striker classes do well with MC Fighter so that is an avenue to explore also.
If low level and not really looking at getting to level 16, Slayer. Otherwise what Zelink said.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Would a buffer like an artificer be decent as well? The Swordmage has taken the Intelligent Blademaster feat, if that helps.
The above party needs damage. There already is a Warlord, which should be able provide all the buffs you'll need. The problem is that you currently don't have many ways to benefit from that. Assassins aren't particularly good strikers and they are pretty bad when it comes to MBAs. I guess there is always melee training ...
I'd recommend either going with what zelink suggested. Perhaps talk to the Assassin player about playing one of these classes.
Executioners have pretty good MBA, the assassin could switch to that, or better yet a hybrid Executioner|Warlock or the like.

But yeah, another striker is needed in this party. Since your party is lacking wisdom, Avenger was a good suggestion. In my experience playing warlords, I love having an avenger, they just about never miss, and the more attacks they make, the more crits they get.

If you really want some flavor of fighter, you could try a Fighter|Barbarian. You'll add some good nova potential to your party, though it'll be up to the wizard probably to cover wisdom skills.
Seconded the Barbarian|Fighter, look up the Stand and Bang thread in this forum for reference. That's a build which hits insanely hard.
I'd rather go Bookish Barb, since it seems much more elaborated.
Sign In to post comments