Who would win [game]

99 posts / 0 new
Last post
In this flavor game, You will suggest a fight between two characters, then you will judge who would win in the last sugested fight and why. This is to spark debate and conversation.

Rakdos, lord of riots vs. aurelia, the warleader

please dont base it on power/toughness
I always hate these sort of things. <_<
Too many variables.
Is it a fair fight?
Since when would Rakdos fight fairly?
Are they with their minions?
Are they allowed to bring minions?
Where are they fighting?
Does one ambush the other?
Etc.

Plus, we have yet to see Aurelia in action so would could only speculate on her strength in the story.           
I don't think Aurelia has what it takes to beat Rakdos in a one-on-one fight.  She's but a reflection of Razia, and a much more impulsive reflection at that.  Rakdos has been around on Ravnica for a very very long time and if Razia hadn't found a way to put him down for good by then, Aurelia sure wouldn't.

Next up:

Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir (Non-Walker version) vs. Ertai, Wizard Adept (Non-Phyrexian version)

Battle of the Boyish Blue Mages with Class Clown Complexes.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir (Non-Walker version) vs. Ertai, Wizard Adept (Non-Phyrexian version)

Battle of the Boyish Blue Mages with Class Clown Complexes.

Dude, Teferi, no contest.

Dude, Teferi, no contest.

Well, yes, that would have been my pick as well; but I was opening it up to maybe hear other thoughts on the matter.  I mean, Teferi is the quintessential Blue Mage.  No matter how much even Jace tries these days, he doesn't hold a candle to the wit and awesomeness that is Teferi.  But back during the Weatherlight Saga, all we really had was Ertai; and you have to admit, he had his fair share of quips and on-liners.  I'm actually kind of sad how his story turned out.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Teferi predated Ertai though... he had an island full of time holes before Ertai even graduated. I mean, maybe if you got Teferi as a kid, but even post-desparking he's got years of experience on Ertai.

Froofroo... you know what I'm gonna say... I'm gonna say that this is a game because there's no stakes or opponents or anything. It's a conversation froofroo. It's not a game. Your threads that have "game" in the title are never games. =_=
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

Teferi predated Ertai though... he had an island full of time holes before Ertai even graduated. I mean, maybe if you got Teferi as a kid, but even post-desparking he's got years of experience on Ertai.

But Ertai had the most adorable familiar.  Also, he was a bit of a pioneer in time magic in his own right.  I think he could have been a contender if he didn’t get left behind on Rath.

In this flavor game, You will suggest a fight between two characters, then you will judge who would win in the last sugested fight and why. This is to spark debate and conversation.

Can it be more than one person vs another?
MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC!!!!!!!!

Can it be more than one person vs another?

If so.... Emrakul vs all the planeswalkers that are alive!
snip

Your name and avatar confuse me! 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project

Bolas and Karn are the only ones left standing?

I don't think you need to specify this down here.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
snip

I never posted (Snip). 

And I like the name of gideon and I like the art of jace.

Bolas and Karn are the only ones left standing?

What do you mean?
On the off chance that they work together, the whole MTG walker cast could beat the Eldrazi. Probably not in a straight up fight, but there's some pretty clever walkers out there, including ones with experience fighting the Eldrazi. If we're talking ALL the planeswalkers that are alive, then it's no contest.
I'm surprised that the eternal question has yet to arise. . .

The small rhinarium sniffs generously at the smoky air around him. Yes, those chimneys are as clean as the day they were born from the great chimney-matron. His work has been done well. But, what's this? There is another scent in the vapors. What is it? A coming. . . storm? Those beady eyes get slightly less beady in an attempt to widen. The creature skitters across the rooftops for a few moments before coming to a sudden stop. Yes, the sound is unmistakable. The flapping of wings. Is it winter already? Well, if people are using their fireplaces and wood-burning stoves then it would seem likely to be cold weather. And this weather is about to get significantly colder. The imp turns. His grin is not one of pleasure, nay - it is merely there to reveal his gnarled and screw-driving teeth. A figure descends from the sky. It perches across the roof. It cocks its head. "Caw!" There is only one way this showdown can end. Blood, death, and destruction.

Chimney PimpXStorm Crow

Wait, is that what X means? Uh oh. I think I might have the workings of a MEMNSFW story!

The Imp ran his claws along his feathered friend's sturdy beak. Down the nape of its neck. The little creature began to shudder as those scabbed and rotten fingers neared its mighty cloaca. "Caw!" She moaned.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

The small rhinarium sniffs generously at the smoky air around him. Yes, those chimneys are as clean as the day they were born from the great chimney-matron. His work has been done well. But, what's this? There is another scent in the vapors. What is it? A coming. . . storm? Those beady eyes get slightly less beady in an attempt to widen. The creature skitters across the rooftops for a few moments before coming to a sudden stop. Yes, the sound is unmistakable. The flapping of wings. Is it winter already? Well, if people are using their fireplaces and wood-burning stoves then it would seem likely to be cold weather. And this weather is about to get significantly colder. The imp turns. His grin is not one of pleasure, nay - it is merely there to reveal his gnarled and screw-driving teeth. A figure descends from the sky. It perches across the roof. It cocks its head. "Caw!" There is only one way this showdown can end. Blood, death, and destruction.

Chimney PimpXStorm Crow

Wait, is that what X means? Uh oh. I think I might have the workings of a MEMNSFW story!

The Imp ran his claws along his feathered friend's sturdy beak. Down the nape of its neck. The little creature began to shudder as those scabbed and rotten fingers neared its mighty cloaca. "Caw!" She moaned.

Oh god.
Chimney Imp.
He actually has combo potential. 
Way to set the bar, Pablo :c
Show
Obligatory and Preliminary Smiley Reservoir: IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/Wee.png)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/Dancing%20AIM.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/rawr.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/ghgh.png)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/%5D%5D.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/luv.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/circle.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sly.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/turtle.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/jade.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/proud.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wilson.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/pcXQL.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/blushing.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/proud.png)
Storm Crow. He can bring a buddy along for the same mana cost and have mana left over for... crow things... that use mana. And who's to say that storm crows aren't somehow magical?
The imp looks physically stronger, but it also appears to be rotting to pieces. Can it survive outside of the Mephidross? Also I doubt it's ability to corrupt the surrounding environment (see the wings) takes affect fast enough to matter in a combat situation.
Storm Crow all the way.
Okay, how about Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon vs Niv-Mizzet? Storywise I don't think there's much info on Skithy, but you can tell a lot looking at his art and abilities.
Skittles is one of Sheoldred's liutenants.
He was featured rather prominently in at least one journal entry from the Scars flash site.
snip

I never posted (Snip). 

And I like the name of gideon and I like the art of jace.

I quoted mostly just to adress to you...also it was supposed to be more humorous comment.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project

Chimney PimpXStorm Crow

Keep this as the start of it.

Storm Crow < 3< Chimney Imp.

The blackness of their kismessissitude will veil the multiverse in darkness. 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Niv smarts gives him and advantage that  Skithiryx just doesnt have

how about Iona, angel of emeria vs. avacyn, angel of hope

keep in mind that avacyn indestructibility does not apply fully to her. she was stabed by whats his face.
Yeah, but that got her bound in the Helvault as a result. Remember, the decree was, `That which cannot be destroyed must be bound`

how about Iona, Angel of Emeria vs. avacyn, angel of hope

keep in mind that avacyn indestructibility does not apply fully to her. she was stabed by whats his face.

Avacyn She has an entire religion empowering her. Also, I believe that she is indestructible, reason being that just cause she got stabbed, doesn't mean she can die. When the Helvault broke, she returned perfectly fine, even stronger.

Skithryx would win, cause of the Phrexia oil, one drop and Niv will become phrexia guild mage over time.

Huntmaster of the fells Vs. Grimgrin

Iona v. Avacyn
Iona is like a billion feet tall, but when they're both made of personified white mana I'm not sure if that matters. Iona seems llike she might be able to interfere with an opponents mana, but I don't know what kind of effect she would have on Avacyn. I doubt she would dissolve from being disconneted from a mana source, and I imagine that angels don' actually get much of their power from manabonds, so it's probably a moot point. Avacyn simply weilds more power.
Avacyn

Huntmaster v. Grimgrin
Huntmaster is, I'm going to assume, way more cunning. He could probably set up a pretty decent ambush. In terms of the people they cvould bring to the fight with them, it's a toss-up. Sheer strength goes to Grimgrin. In the end I just don't think the huntmaster could do enough damage to stop Grimgrin, even wearing him out over the course of days wouldn't work since Grimgrin's already dead.
Grimgrin
Iona v. Avacyn
Well, I doubt either of them have any power outside their native Plane (Avacyn is dependant on her adherent's need, Iona I'm fairly sure is tied to Zendikar similarly.), so whoever is at home wins, or Iona for being a billion feet tall.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!

how about Iona, angel of emeria vs. avacyn, angel of hope

Iona takes it. Even though Iona couldn't defeat the Eldrazi, she was powerful enough to stymie them and remain standing.
Avacyn, meanwhile, could only act against Iona in any notable way if Iona threatened the balance of Innistrad. However, Avacyn has He-man levels of sliding scale strength.
(For those who don't get this, one of the creators actually said that He-man had exactly as much strength as was needed at any given time. That's why he could be defeated in some instances while in others he clearly surpassed other situations.)

Now King Grayskull on the other hand, he was a TOTAL MOUNTAIN OF MANLINESS. Dude rode a 30 foot long Giant green lion and hurled entire castles around.

As for Niv vs Skithyryx... Niv wins. Oil burns and so does dead dessicated flesh. Skittles wouldn't get within 400 feet of Niv.
If, however, in some bizarre way, Skittles got close enough to oil Niv, Niv becomes the new father of machines, wipes his tail with everything that putz Yawgmoth came up with, slaughters every praetor and proceeds to turn Phyrexia into the Phyrexizzet where all forms of life must be mechanically enhanced to their most perfect form... which mostly means they look like him.
Incidentally, I don't think we could count Niv going Phyrexian as a victory. Skittles still gets burninated. In fact, under that scenario Niv wins both the battle and, as it were, the war, since he gets to experience the glorious agony of compleation and the embrace of screaming metal. ALL WILL BE ONE!

Who would win in a narcissism-off: Niv Mizzet, Ixidor, or The Ineffable? 
Incidentally, I don't think we could count Niv going Phyrexian as a victory. Skittles still gets burninated. In fact, under that scenario Niv wins both the battle and, as it were, the war, since he gets to experience the glorious agony of compleation and the embrace of screaming metal. ALL WILL BE ONE!

Who would win in a narcissism-off: Niv Mizzet, Ixidor, or The Ineffable? 

Yawgmoth would probably win that contest. The dude was so narcisstically deluded he actually started to believe his own mary sue fantasy drivel and forgot that he literally stole all the best ideas from other people.

Anyways, Niv would never bow to Phyrexia. I mean, seriously, he wouldn't become a believer, he'd subvert Phyrexia into being a believer in him. He's exponentially hundreds times more intelligence than Yawgmoth ever was and that comes with an ego to match. ALL Would not BE ONE. ALL WOULD BE HIS. FOR SCIENCE, NOT PHYREXIA.

You all give Phyrexia too much credit as a dogma.
This conversation has reminded me the horror present in my sig.
You are Red/Blue!
Remember the what if we ran when examined how Phyrexia would refract through the guild beliefs?
Good times.
This thread idea seems really familiar for some reason. Like somebody with a short attention span tried something similar and couldn't keep interest in it for more than three rounds.

All ribbing aside, I like this format better since the conversation can keep moving forward.

IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/3/39/Mirrodin_Loyalty.png) thanks to gamma-mage for the awesome banner
So, the Kamigawan spirit dragons in a fatal five way and the Invasion dragon cycle in a fatal five way. Winners fight each other.

I'd include the Planar Chaos dragons but we don't know much about them and the Elder Dragons seem like they would be overpowered.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/3/39/Mirrodin_Loyalty.png) thanks to gamma-mage for the awesome banner
Going to give it to the Dominarian dragons on that score. The spirit dragons aren't as big, and their powers aren't nearly as devestating. There's also the fact that over the Dominarians, the only one who ever actually dies is Darigaaz. Crosis and Rith were resealed in their respective prisons, while Treva and Dromar sort of vanished. Theoretically, they are still out there waiting for Ramidarigaaz to re-incarnate and start the cycle over.
Remember the what if we ran when examined how Phyrexia would refract through the guild beliefs?
Good times.

Oh god that sounds awesome. Could I trouble you to post a link?
Good times.

Unfortunately, it was very basic and incomplete, but run something like this:

- The Golgari phyrexians kicked Jarad out. Their philosophy of rebirth through death got rearranged to suit their immortality. They're still relatively neutral.

- Isperia goes batshit crazy and goes Machine Orthodoxy on Ravnica's populace.

- The Izzet run away in a plane bubble.
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
Good times.

Unfortunately, it was very basic and incomplete, but run something like this:

- The Golgari phyrexians kicked Jarad out. Their philosophy of rebirth through death got rearranged to suit their immortality. They're still relatively neutral.

- Isperia goes batshit crazy and goes Machine Orthodoxy on Ravnica's populace.

- The Izzet run away in a plane bubble.

I say we restart the thread.
Sign In to post comments