What do you guys do to celebrate leveling up?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys I am pretty new to D&D but have been playing RPG's for about 15 years!

I was wondering what you fellas do to celebrate the leveling up of a favourite character?

I made this music video to celebrate all leveling from my gaming to my real life!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpej7UIkY-Q&feat...
Visit www.ding-irl.com and start leveling in real life now! Share any gaming stories, real life adventures and advice! Contactus@ding-irl.com
My group has started a new tradition of going out for ice cream every time their characters level up. It's been a very well-received houserule.
My group has started a new tradition of going out for ice cream every time their characters level up. It's been a very well-received houserule.

Excellent! This is something I will try and use to sell the game to others, I want to try and get my cousins and siblings into the game mainly because of the social aspect! Whats better than a good RPG session followed by ICE CREAM!!! Cool

P.S. what flavour is the group winner?
Visit www.ding-irl.com and start leveling in real life now! Share any gaming stories, real life adventures and advice! Contactus@ding-irl.com
Hey guys I am pretty new to D&D but have been playing RPG's for about 15 years!

I was wondering what you fellas do to celebrate the leveling up of a favourite character?

I made this music video to celebrate all leveling from my gaming to my real life!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpej7UIkY-Q&feat...

Get drunk and text ex-girlfriends.

Well, that's pretty much every Saturday night.
We still play old-school with characters sheets, so when the characters level up, they get to erase most of the stuff written on their sheets and I get to pick up the small eraser pieces scattered around the table. Fun times.

Excellent! This is something I will try and use to sell the game to others, I want to try and get my cousins and siblings into the game mainly because of the social aspect! Whats better than a good RPG session followed by ICE CREAM!!! Cool

P.S. what flavour is the group winner?

I wholeheartedly second this plan/sentiment! (Particularly if it involves Ben & Jerry's...) 
Ice cream is the way forward! I have had feed back from other site and have found that people playing Bards like to write a poem (makes sense) and the fella playing in superhero games like to go out for hotdogs! I dunno why hotdogs but it does kinda fit in! An older player who plays a mage said he likes to have a whiskey and a cigar!

Sadclownissad - Lol that made me laugh I too roll the old skool way and yeah those rubber bits are a bane!!!

Oh I had a character learn a fire ability so we made this video. Hope you enjoy and aren't too afraid of our crazy powers!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VISARrsdhc

Delay doing any of the book keeping (picking feats, spells, altering saves, spending skill pts, etc) until about an hour before the next game..... 
Delay doing any of the book keeping (picking feats, spells, altering saves, spending skill pts, etc) until about an hour before the next game..... 

That seems to be half my players' ritual. This is extra aggrivating because we play on maptool and I have to make macros or edit existing ones for their new stuff.

Bonus points if their choice is extra complex!   

+1

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

I drink, then get my DM drunk. This is a good tactic for getting a good magic item whenever I level up.

Man, my group would have some major obesity problems if we did that. I generally DM and I'm generous enough with XP that characters level up almost every session We sometimes play 3 times a week.

A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.
Yeah obesity could end up an issue for the frequent gamer if we have ice cream with every leveling lol.

This weekend we played a game on the side of a bog in the Scottish highlands. We carried 100lbs of equipment each a few miles up the side of the mountain to prove that we could play RPG's in comfort in the middle of nowhere! We leveled up and celebrated by leaving the hell bog we were in and returning to civilisation/Manchester :P

I will post pics soon on my website but to give you an idea this is one of the tents we dragged up there!

www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-event-tent-p2...
We still play old-school with characters sheets, so when the characters level up, they get to erase most of the stuff written on their sheets and I get to pick up the small eraser pieces scattered around the table. Fun times.

Sad Clown is sad.....
Yeah obesity could end up an issue for the frequent gamer if we have ice cream with every leveling lol.

This weekend we played a game on the side of a bog in the Scottish highlands. We carried 100lbs of equipment each a few miles up the side of the mountain to prove that we could play RPG's in comfort in the middle of nowhere! We leveled up and celebrated by leaving the hell bog we were in and returning to civilisation/Manchester :P

I will post pics soon on my website but to give you an idea this is one of the tents we dragged up there!

www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-event-tent-p2...

Wait.....  Obesity "could" end up an issue?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?

Have you ever noticed that D&D or RPG gamers in general, are either very heavy-set, or extremely skinny?.... 

Just something I have noticed over the years....  YES it's NOT 100% of the time, yes I'm stereotyping based off my experiences....

Actually you may be right! In my group basically you are either an elf or an ogre with nothing inbetween! :P

Maybe we need to find buff D&D players and get them to make a calendar dressed as their characters. Might get more ladies into gaming..... maybe not hey lol. 

LOLing out loud @ BaronMugwort's idea!!!!!

Yeah... but if we did that, and the ladies were to begin joining, they'd be really disappointed when they get to the game on the first day and see you and me....  

Wait... did I just rip on myself?.......  oye...    
I drink, then get my DM drunk. This is a good tactic for getting a good magic item whenever I level up.

This made me chuckle.

Long ago I had a DM that gave out more and more loot proportional to the number of beers he had.

The only downside was the start of the next week when he was sober and he would invariably say, "Where the heck did you get THAT!?"

If it was an item a player really wanted but the now sober DM was seriously questioning, the battle cry was, "Quick, get him some beer!"  Amazingly, that worked pretty good.  Add in a combo pizza and it was a done deal.  Laughing