OpenRPG/Skype 1st Edition AD&D: Players Needed.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
This will be my first time DMing online like this, so please bear with me if I stumble at all. 1st Edition is SUPER easy, so don't be afraid if you are unsure. If you can play the newer versions, you will totally get it. And if you have never played D&D and all, this is a GREAT starting point. I don't bite (unless you are into that kind of thing), and I won't scream at you or call you an idiot if you don't get it (unless I have to repeat the same thing to you over and over again).

I'm still setting stuff up on the forum and on OpenRPG, but I welcome some company while I do. And maybe some pointers on making the nodes/files I need for OpenRPG. PM me here, or on Skype (sabrina.pravus).

For full details and to sign up, visit the forum.

1. What game system are you running and if applicable what edition?
1st Edition AD&D

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be ? What is the setting for the game? 
It will be on a planet called Trinity of mine and my husbands own design, but still a D&D campaign.

3. How many Players are you looking for? 
4-8 . If I get more, I can just split the players into multiple teams. I have PLENTY of modules in stock.

4. What's the gaming medium?
Mainly OpenRPG with some Play by Post for Extra Credit XP/character development

5. What is the characters' starting status? 
Level 1, max HP based on stats and race.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Max gold based on race unless otherwise stated.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want?
Being that it's 1st Edition, please just stick with the classes of Fighter, Thief, Magic User, and multi-classes of those (will be including the subclasses as well).

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game?
Human, dwarf, halfling, elf, half-elf, half-orc, gnome

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
They'll be rolling dice with me present to verify legitmacy using OpenRPG

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Party alignment will be Lawful Good, so no Evil alignments. (any good alignment is accepted.)

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Yes, I allow multi-classing, and there's no penalties for it. XP will be divided equally amongst all classes.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? 
No, players will roll for their own characters.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? 
When rolling stats, roll 4d6. Reroll any 1's. Drop the lowest number. No stats higher than 18 (before adding racial mods).

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular?
I would like a character background. Just a little something to give everyone a feel for who your character is, where they came from. You'll be able to expand your characters background as time goes on, so you don't have to go all out at the beginning.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
I'm hoping I will have a little some thing for everyone. Each adventure has it's own twists and turns, what comes of it will be up to the players ultimately.

Our first game will be a Murder Mystery ending in a little fight with some goody goodies.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements?
I will provide all the materials they need, so they don't need to bring anything but their brains and a little creativity.
Have 2 players. Need at least 2 more. I'm lurking on ORPG while I work on my PhB. Lindellen 1st Ed. AD&D is the room name.
Hey, I'm running an almost identical setup. 1st edition, only using google hangouts instead of skype, which is working great. I think having the video is great. I have been using the chat options of facebook for private messages and and a general facebook chat to upload pictures and other general group details.

I may, depending on the schedule for play, be interesting in joining, if you will have me.
My campaign(The Blessed Lands, a pseudo-egyptian world) will be finishing up in 6 or 7 sessions, just because of player schedules in the summer time.  
Sign In to post comments