Which Characters to Compliment this Party?

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Our party ended up changing a bit due to some player issues, and we're down 2...we're not sure what the best additions to the party would be, as we also ended up rolling back to lvl 1 to facilitate new players who may take the 2 open positions. Our current party composition is:

A Tiefling Chaladin (aiming for Questing Knight/ Legendary Sovereign)

A Wood Elf Ranger (basically following the Shoot to Thrill build except aiming for more rogue stuff instead of Frostcheese)

A Tiefling Summoner/ Fire spec (sort of like the old Lucid build)

Ideally something Elf/Fey or Tiefling would be good; we're playing Reavers of Harkenwold soon, so if something else could fit into that storyline, it'd work too.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Lol!
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Genasi Taclord
Something Avenger
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
You know, I was thinking Avenger would be good too...As for the TacLord, are they still decent @ heals?
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:

Something Avenger

critvenger, Zathris!

A-ha!
Awesome, TacLord it is then. Gith or Wood Elf Pursuit Avenger? Hmm...
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Or, alternatively, let people play whatever they want to?
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Never said they couldn't, just wanted some ideas. The TacLord was shot down for (I think) a (Bow?) Cleric, but the Avenger did perk some interest.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
I actually like the Warlord with a bow more than a Cleric with one. The Ranger will *Blow Things Up! with the Warlord doing his thing. Plus then you have a character for the Strength-based skills. Go Genasi, Windsoul, Windlord, fly atop something and shout orders for fun & profit.
That might actually be cool, I'll have to pass the idea on
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Well, turns out the guy who looked into the Avenger changed his mind, and wants to go into somewhat of a Defender role, but wants to do his own thing- after seeing the old Dungeon Magazine cover from 3.5 of the Minotaur with the trident in the gladiator arena, he's dead set on working up something like it...(trident or similar weapon, possibly with shield or two-handed) no clue how to do it though. He also mentioned a Net or possibly Triple-Flail as other ideas...

My initial though (which thematically fit his idea) was a Minotaur Arena Fighter with the Gladiator theme. It's not 100% CharOp'd to the gills, but it was pretty much what he wanted. How effective would say, and arena fighter with a trident (or similar weapon) with either a Net or Triple-Flail?

**EDJT** Other guy wants some kinda undead-destroying battle cleric of some sort...
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Here's what he came up with; as I mentioned, it's not totally CharOp standard, but it's what he liked.

level 1
Minotaur, Fighter
Build: Arena Fighter
Fighter: Combat Superiority
Fighter Talents: Arena Training
Arena Training: Arena Weapon (Trident)
Arena Training: Arena Weapon (Khopesh)
Goring Charge Key Ability: Goring Charge Strength
Background: Former Gladiator (Former Gladiator Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 15, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10.

AC: 19 Fort: 16 Reflex: 14 Will: 12
HP: 29 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Streetwise +5, Endurance +5, Athletics +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Arcana -1, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History -1, Insight +2, Intimidate, Nature +4, Perception +4, Religion -1, Stealth, Thievery

FEATS
Level 1: Axe Expertise

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Tide of Iron
Fighter at-will 1: Footwork Lure
Fighter encounter 1: Steel Serpent Strike
Fighter daily 1: Villain's Menace

ITEMS
Scale Armor, Heavy Shield, Trident, Khopesh

Here's the rough outline for his lvl 30 build; not sure what to make of it.
I believe his main concept is: engage with the trident from range, close with the khopesh.

level 30
Minotaur, Fighter, Gladiator Champion, Indomitable Champion
Build: Arena Fighter
Fighter: Combat Superiority
Fighter Talents: Arena Training
Arena Training: Arena Weapon (Trident)
Arena Training: Arena Weapon (Khopesh)
Epic Heroism: Epic Heroism (Strength)
Epic Heroism: Epic Heroism (Wisdom)
Goring Charge Key Ability: Goring Charge Strength
Background: Former Gladiator (Former Gladiator Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 28, Con 18, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 21, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10.

AC: 48 Fort: 48 Reflex: 41 Will: 44
HP: 227 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 56

TRAINED SKILLS
Streetwise +21, Endurance +22, Athletics +27

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +17, Arcana +15, Bluff +16, Diplomacy +16, Dungeoneering +20, Heal +20, History +15, Insight +20, Intimidate +16, Nature +22, Perception +22, Religion +15, Stealth +17, Thievery +17

FEATS
Level 1: Axe Expertise
Level 2: Savage Axe
Level 4: Improved Defenses
Level 6: Encouraging Shield
Level 8: Armor Proficiency: Plate
Level 10: Mark of Warding
Level 11: Potent Challenge
Level 12: Marked Scourge
Level 14: Focused Superiority
Level 16: Hindering Shield
Level 18: Stout Shield
Level 20: Ubiquitous Shield
Level 21: Mobile Challenge
Level 22: Axe Mastery
Level 24: Martial Mastery
Level 26: Armor Specialization (Plate)
Level 28: Slashing Storm
Level 30: Knock-Back Swing

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Footwork Lure
Fighter at-will 1: Tide of Iron
Fighter encounter 1: Steel Serpent Strike
Fighter daily 1: Villain's Menace
Fighter utility 2: Battle Fury Stance
Fighter encounter 3: Rain of Blows
Fighter daily 5: Rain of Steel
Fighter utility 6: Ignore Weakness
Fighter encounter 7: Come and Get It
Fighter daily 9: Jackal Strike
Fighter utility 10: Clearheaded
Fighter encounter 13: Storm of Blows (replaces Rain of Blows)
Fighter daily 15: Dust Storm Assault (replaces Jackal Strike)
Fighter utility 16: Tyrian Battle Stance
Fighter encounter 17: Revel in Pain (replaces Steel Serpent Strike)
Fighter daily 19: Devastation's Wake (replaces Villain's Menace)
Fighter utility 22: Martial Supremacy
Fighter encounter 23: Warrior's Urging (replaces Come and Get It)
Fighter daily 25: Reaper's Stance (replaces Rain of Steel)
Fighter encounter 27: Cruel Reaper (replaces Storm of Blows)
Fighter daily 29: Sudden Onslaught (replaces Dust Storm Assault)

ITEMS
Heavy Shield, Spectral Plate Godplate Armor +6, Master's Blade Khopesh +6, Feyslaughter Trident +6, Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier), Boots of Teleportation (epic tier), Foe Caller Gauntlets (epic tier), Eye of Awareness (epic tier), Torc of Power Preservation +6, Ring of Free Time (epic tier), Shadow Band, Belt of Mountain Endurance (paragon tier), Solitaire (Violet) (epic tier), Iron Bands of Bilarro (Lvl 23), Dice of Auspicious Fortune (paragon tier), Backlash Tattoo (heroic tier)
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Plate Armor is more than slightly overrated. You're basically strait up trading +1 Ref and Any Other Feat for +1 AC.

**EDJT** Other guy wants some kinda undead-destroying battle cleric of some sort...

Strongly Recommend Headspin
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Plate Armor is more than slightly overrated. You're basically strait up trading +1 Ref and Any Other Feat for +1 AC.

Strongly Recommend Headspin

So he'll be OK with Scale? That's good, frees up a feat, not sure what to take in its place though...and obviously Plate Spec would become Scale Spec...should the ability scores stay the same or should we swap some around? Any reccomendation for the new feat?

I like Headspin, I'll definitely pass that on as an idea.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
complement

compliment
complement

compliment

Sue me, I was tired when I typed it.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
You can edit :P
Not the title!
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Watcher Shaman would be far better than bow cleric.  The shaman could even use a bow too.
Not using a bow cleric at all- ya gotta read into a thread before commenting lol
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
A Minotaur fighter that isn't taking Opportunity Gore/Vicious Stomp? Are you sure you don't want that combo?
Totally must've overlooked em...how good are they ?
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Mostly irrelevant due to Flails, which do the same with the same Feat Cost, and are both more accurate and more damaging.
I feel stupid having read through this thread.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Nobody made you do it...
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Sign In to post comments