Deck-Builder for Dungeon Command?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know of where I can find some Deck-Builder software for DC?  At minimum I'd like to find a Collection Tracker (but that's easy enough to make myself with MS Excel), but it would be great if there was a way to design Decks through that interface.

Does one exist?  Or would someone more knowledgeable than I like to try their hand at designing one?

The Vassal module has a method for saving/loading decks, but it doesn't work as smoothly as I'd like for building them on-the-fly.
Does anyone know of where I can find some Deck-Builder software for DC?  At minimum I'd like to find a Collection Tracker (but that's easy enough to make myself with MS Excel), but it would be great if there was a way to design Decks through that interface.

Does one exist?  Or would someone more knowledgeable than I like to try their hand at designing one?

The Vassal module has a method for saving/loading decks, but it doesn't work as smoothly as I'd like for building them on-the-fly.

I can't really do programming, but it should be pretty easy to make an excel doc that doubles as both, just include both "owned" and "played" columns and have it add the stuff up, it'd probably be pretty possible to make it track things like ability score requirements, level requirements, etc as well.  I might do it if I have a chance but can't promise to be fast, because I've got a ton else on my plate.  Excel is pretty magical though and could certainly do it.
Okay, I figured that Excel would probably be the vehicle.  I know that people have used Excel to make a squad builder for the FF X-Wing game.

I'm thinking that the program would probably include these features:
-a summary of card totals 
-a way of indicating how many Creatures (and even which ones) in the deck can use a given Order card, and conversely how many of the Order cards in the deck can be used by a given Creature (and even which ones)
-a way to print your Deck in a clean and user-friendly interface that would mesh well with tournament registration, so that you just have to print out your deck and bring it with you to an event, rather than writing out a new list when you arrive at the event.

Stuff like that is probably all that would be necessary.

Here is a link to the (IMHO excellent) squad-builder that someone made for the X-Wing game:  
home.comcast.net/~jason.fuller/rebels.ht...
It even has pics of the various cards, and these pics show up when you mouse-over a certain cell.

erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px">I did this deck builder with MS Excel for myself. I hope it could be useful to the people of erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px">this forum.
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px" />

erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px">www.dropbox.com/s/fkui5ps172s8d36/Dungeo...
Wow, that's awesome!  I haven't played around with it much yet, but it looks really good!

The only thing I don't see so far is a Collection Tracker.  Does it have that feature?
Thanks!
What do you mean by "collection tracker"?
By Collection Tracker I mean a way to input how many of each mini and card you have.  Maybe you have 1 of each set and you've bought a few singles off of Ebay or won some in a tournament...now you have 2 Bugbear Berserkers rather than the 1 that came in your set.  Or maybe you have an extra set of Order cards from the Undead set.  Etc, etc.  I think it would be helpful to be able to keep track of your collection all in one place. 

Also, when it comes to warband construction, it would be helpful to know at-a-glance how many of every mini/card you have.  You could even toggle the option to Restrict Warband Construction by Collection so that you don't end up accidentally building a warband that you can't actually use.  Toggle it on to prevent you from building a warband that you can't use, and toggle it off to allow you to build anything, even if you don't (currently) have all the minis/cards that it would use.
Ok, I didn't implement that feature so far. I'll try to add it in the next release :-)
This is great.  Thanks a lot Frank!
You're welcome Tim! :-)
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px">I did this deck builder with MS Excel for myself. I hope it could be useful to the people of erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px">this forum.

erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px">www.dropbox.com/s/fkui5ps172s8d36/Dungeo...

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/17.jpg)

Glad to share :-)
Nice! 
A friend of mine build one in C with a graphical interface and the scans of all cards. It works pretty well. He is gone over the weekend but I will ask him if I can share it. The version that I have has not included Blood of Gruumsh yet.
Very cool spreadsheet.  To "thereisnotry" -- is there currently any way to load a warband list from this Excel spreadsheet into Vassal?
Very cool spreadsheet.  To "thereisnotry" -- is there currently any way to load a warband list from this Excel spreadsheet into Vassal?

It would be nice, but it's completely outside the scope of Vassal's capabilities, as far as I'm aware.  Bummer.  
I started playing with this today.  Again Frank, this is really nice.  I didn't see how in-depth it was.  What a great resource!

Ty!!