Agressive/ Discard deck

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Would it be possible to make a red, green, black deck build around discarding cards, and a very agressive playstyle with low mana cost. I was thinking touse elfs as low mana creatures and to include nissa revane and liliana vess and kresh the bloodbraided for the dying elfs.
! tips would be welcom !
3 colors will slow the deck
It will actually work a lot better if you take out the red. Or if you're willing to not use discard as much take out the black.

Put in stuff like Lumberknot and Gutter Grime cards for dying creatures paired with Sadistic Hypnotist it could be a pretty good combo.

Although if you make it a green/red one of my favorite things to do is get a Lumberknot really big and then when you decide you are okay without your lumberknot swing with him. Either your opponant will take a ton of damage, try their best to kill your lumberknot with a lot of creatures or they will just block with one creature. If your lumberknot would die I love casting Fling instead.
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.
might do so, but I have a lot of multicollored lands and I really want kresh in and he's multicollored
Well if you wanted to you could use Kresh the Bloodbraided with the lumberknot/gutter griime/fling combo I mentioned and use black for draw cards or Diabolic Tutor cards. 
Also with black you could use cards like Contaminated Ground or Hissing Miasma just for some extra defense or lock-down while you make your Kresh bigger?

Or you could just use Murder Doom Blade and Go for the Throat
type cards to make your Kresh bigger 
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.
Do note that causing your opponent to discard creature cards will not trigger Kresh's ability, since those creatures aren't "dying". I hope that wasn't something you were counting on.
Bro, do you even Autocard? Here's how!
Show
[c]Tarmogoyf[/c] = Tarmogoyf
 no it wasn't what I wanted to do is play very agressive with the elves and so kill alot of them and possibly enemies as well to pump kresh up, then use lilianas ability to bring them all back
how else can they be brought back?
how else can they be brought back?

cards like gravedigger or Nature's Spiral
bring back gravedigger and bring back another education
id just play this as midagro/agrocontrol: 16-24 powerful creatures in the 2-5 range, and 12-20 disruption spells - mostly creature destruction for this deck. If you want to go 3 colors and cant afford duallands then go with some green ramp/manafix
agressive discards needs to start in black
with 1 drop card droppers
and 2 drop card droppers

discard decks often run out of targets by turn 5

spell shapers could toss late game discard cards
or any other discard cost
thanks for the advice I'll try it but it ain't bad if they run out of cards because I have cards like Quest for the Nihil Stone
agressive discards needs to start in black
with 1 drop card droppers
and 2 drop card droppers

discard decks often run out of targets by turn 5

spell shapers could toss late game discard cards
or any other discard cost

yeah think that will be best tnx
I have to make the deck with the cards I currently own so don't expect anything to fancy but I'd like to get some advice on it. I went for mid/ heavy with alot of discard like cards.
  1xPathrazer of Ulamog
  1xgyre sage
  1xAvenger of Zendikar 
  1xKalonian Behemoth  
  4xLlanowar Elves  
  2xSlate Street Ruffian
  1xSprouting Thrinax 
  1xMarisi's Twinclaws 
  1xKresh the Bloodbraided 
  1xScute mob 
  1xBoros Reckoner 
  1xGaint Scorpion
  1xDarksteel Colossus
  1xKalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet 
  1xChild of Night 
  1xDisiple of the Old Ways  
  1xHypnotic Specter     

1xLiliana Vess   

1xKilling Glare   
  2xNature's Spiral
  3xMire's Toll  
  1xDeath's approach 
  1xDiabolic Tutor 
  1xQuest for the Nihil Stone 
  1xDying wish 
  1xGrisly Spectacle 
  1xWild Pair
  1xClan Defiance 
  1xMegrim 
  1xGruul Keyrune 

and 22 more lands, I know the ballance ain't perfect so I'd like to get some help on which cards should stay in and which should go out.