Extort compleminary cards?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have the Orzhov deck from gatecrash(Extort),and I want cards that can help it.Extort basically lets me steal life when i cast a spell.
I need something that will let cast spells repeatedly,such as abilities that say "use only as a sorcery/instant"or recasting a spell many times.
vizkopa guildmage is very important in my deck,so life gaining spells and combos will be extra beneficial.And one more thing,I found a creature that gains +1/+1 every time I gain life,but forgot the name.Thanks in advance,your help is appreciated.
I need something that will let cast spells repeatedly,such as abilities that say "use only as a sorcery/instant"or recasting a spell many times.

those are NOT spells
they are still abilities

And one more thing,I found a creature that gains +1/+1 every time I gain life,but forgot the name.Thanks in advance,your help is appreciated.

Ajani's Pridemate

anyway, what format should that be for?
the Arc Blade cycle is something you can cast for free every few turns, you just have to time it so that one comes back every turn, so you can use all your mana for Extort
sadly the black and the white one are easily the worst of the cycle, so you might need another color

Exquisite Blood creates an endless loop with Vizkopa Guildmage once started
proud member of the 2011 community team

Exquisite Blood creates an endless loop with Vizkopa Guildmage once started

exshlains equisite bloods retail ARGHUS

Panoptic Mirror,
anything with flashback, since you can cast it twice
I was thinking about cipher when i said use as sorcery(it actualy says cast a new copy,sorry for my mistake).I was wondering if there were others.
Cards with retrace.
Flame Jab, Raven's Crime, Syphon Life
Decks
Legacy
Coffee Girl/Super Zero
[deck] 4 Glimpse of Nature 4 Scapegoat 1 Brain Freeze 1 Grapeshot 1 Storm Entity 4 Land Grant 4 Lotus Petal 1 Mox Opal 4 Mox Diamond 4 Temple Garden 1 Breeding Pool 4 Memnite 4 Shield Sphere 4 Phyrexian Walker 4 Ornithopter 4 Crimson Kobolds 4 Kobolds of Kher Keep 4 Crookshank Kobolds 3 Phyrexian Marauder [/deck]
Zubera Chum
[deck] 4 Ember-Fist Zubera 4 Floating-Dream Zubera 4 Silent-Chant Zubera 4 Dripping-Tongue Zubera 4 Ashen-Skin Zubera 1 Honden of Infinite Rage 1 Honden of Cleansing Fire 1 Honden of Life's Web 1 Honden of Night's Reach 1 Honden of Seeing Winds 2 Soul Foundry 4 Pentad Prism 3 Devouring Greed 3 Spawning Pit 4 Mountain 4 Island 4 Plains 4 Swamp 4 Forest 3 Terramorphic Expanse [/deck]
Burn
[deck] 4 Burst Lightning 4 Lightning Bolt 4 Lava Spike 4 Chain Lightning 4 Rift Bolt 4 Incinerate 4 Chain of Plasma 4 Flame Rift 4 Thunderbolt 4 Fireblast 4 Barbarian Ring 16 Mountain [/deck]
Envy
[deck] 4 Shared Fate 4 Serum Powder 4 Manamorphose 4 Elvish Spirit Guide 4 Simian Spirit Guide 4 Rite of Flame 4 Desperate Ritual 4 Pyretic Ritual 4 Seething Song 4 Lotus Petal 4 City of Brass 4 Gemstone Mine 4 Tendo Ice Bridge 4 Shivan Reef 4 Steam Vents [/deck]
Arcane Bin
[deck] 4 Ire of Kaminari 3 Psychic Puppetry 4 Desperate Ritual 3 Dampen Thought 4 Peer Through Depths 4 Sift Through Sands 4 Reach Through Mists 4 Eerie Procession 4 Ideas Unbound 3 Glacial Ray 3 Sensei's Divining Top 4 Lotus Vale 10 Island 6 Mountain [/deck]
Multiplayer Syphon
[deck] 4 Barter in Blood 1 Infest 4 Hideous Laughter 4 Screams from Within 4 Syphon Soul 4 Blood Tithe 4 Syphon Mind 4 Hissing Miasma 4 Twisted Abomination 4 Consume Spirit 2 Exsanguinate 1 Panoptic Mirror 4 Cabal Coffers 1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth 1 Dark Depths 16 Swamp [/deck]
Extended
Elfball
[deck] 4 Heritage Druid 4 Nettle Sentinel 4 Llanowar Elves 4 Elvish Visionary 4 Elvish Promenade 4 Gilt-Leaf Ambush 2 Imperious Perfect 3 Elvish Archdruid 4 Regal Force 2 Manamorphose 2 Roar of the Crowd 2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn 2 Naturalize 18 Forest 1 Mountain [/deck]
Standard
Liquimelter
[deck] 4 Liquimetal Coating 4 Manic Vandal 4 Oxidda Scrapmelter 4 Tuktuk Scrapper 3 Acidic Slime 3 Hoard-Smelter Dragon 3 Viridian Revel 3 Ancient Stirrings 4 Flame Slash 4 Lightning Bolt 10 Forest 14 Mountain [/deck]
Humans!
[deck] 4 Angel of Glory's Rise 4 Faithless Looting 4 Shattered Perception 4 Wild Guess 3 Mad Prophet 4 Unburial Rites 3 Goldnight Commander 2 Lightning Mauler 3 Fervent Cathar 3 Fiend Hunter 2 Kessig Malcontents 4 Zealous Conscripts 4 Clifftop Retreat 4 Dragonskull Summit 10 Mountain 2 Plains [/deck]
I was thinking about cipher when i said use as sorcery(it actualy says cast a new copy,sorry for my mistake).I was wondering if there were others.

yes, as I said the cycle that resuspends itself (there is one for each color, red and blue are easily the best ones)
Epochrasite as well

Cast through Time

Gravecrawler with a sac outlet
proud member of the 2011 community team
Flickering Ward and that scepter seem like a good combo.I'll use it in my other deck.
I've found that Mark of Eviction is a perfect fit for an extort deck. It stalls out attackers while giving you a one mana spell to cast every turn. It's made even better with the addition of Leyline of Anticipation so you can cast it during your opponent's end step and prevent the creature from ever being able to attack (unless it has haste).
Despondency, Glistening Oil, Sleeper's Guile, Fallen Ideal, and/or white cards with the same ability (oil is probably the best) + Auratog or Faith Healer

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920