If the target is "dominated", and moves into a secret chamber, does the effect end because the caster has no idea where it is? thank you guys, JT

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
If the target is "dominated", and moves into a secret chamber, does the effect end because the caster has no idea where it is?  thank you guys, JT

browngsp@gmail.com

may name is George.  I am looking to join a group in Phoenix area.  I am an experienced player and DM.  I have been playing 4E D&D regulary since 2008. and other versions most of my life.  please email me if you need a new player.  thanks,  g

I guess my first question is how does the dominated target move into a "secret" chamber without being directed to do so, in which case the caster knows where it is?  And what makes this "secret chamber" prevent the caster from knowing where it is?

In general, the answer is that the dominated effect continues for the duration specified by the power that applied the dominated status. You don't have to see the target to continue it being dominated. 
  Also, the caster always knows where the target is, unless it makes a stealth check (see the thread on the Hidden Club), even if its in another room that is magically silent and makes the target invisible.

The only reason the domination would end by the creature entering this secret chamber would be if the chamber had a property that would remove the dominated effect.
If the target is "dominated", and moves into a secret chamber, does the effect end because the caster has no idea where it is?

No.