Where are the Traps?

So with this latest pack I decided to make my own adventure.  For one thing my group is not a fan of the converted old school ones we've had to wotrk with.  For another I figured it was time to see how the system handled one of my typical adventures.

The biggest issue I had in that process was the lack of rules for traps! I'm amazed there aren't any listed in the documents, other than what you can scrape out of the adventures--which A) isn't much and B) are really inconsitent in presentation.  I suppose I could understand a few packets back, but by now I really think they would have had at least a basic list of traps.

I really liked how 3E and particulalry 4E did a better job of integrating traps into the core of the game... I really wished we could have seen an entire trap tome in the vein of a monster monual. I hope this doesn't mean Next will return to the days of DMs being on their own with traps. 

Has any one else found this annoying?  How do you handle traps and other hazards?

I love D&D more than I could ever love a human child.

I made up my own using saving throw mechanics.   For hazards, gas, etc...save (Con) DC 12, 13, 14...doing 2d6 or 4d6 depending on power of trap save for 1/2 damage.   Any bullet, darts, poison needles, scything blades, etc.  +5 attack vs AC  doing damage if hit.

A Brave Knight of WTF - "Wielder of the Sword of Balance"

Rhenny's Blog:  http://community.wizards.com/user/1497701/blog

I too hope that they give a lot of attention to traps later. It's probably just not a priority since they haven't even gotten classes worked out yet.
I made up my own using saving throw mechanics.   For hazards, gas, etc...save (Con) DC 12, 13, 14...doing 2d6 or 4d6 depending on power of trap save for 1/2 damage.   Any bullet, darts, poison needles, scything blades, etc.  +5 attack vs AC  doing damage if hit.

This is similar to what I did. And for the most part, I found enough examples of Next traps in the adventures supplied and just created the DCs for mine based on similar difficulty levels.
Very true. The lack of guidelines for traps is becoming a very sensitive issue one year after the debut of the playtest.

Till now, I used the spell mechanism for traps. Take a spell, make it a trap using spell level and spell DC. For the xp, I allow a one player XP part (table in DM guidelines) corresponding to the level an ennemy would be to get the spell slot (roughly based on Wizard class spell slots chart).

I hope they will eventually give any hints for DM wanting to easily design traps on the fly during a session.
I looked in the given adventures, stole some traps from there, and changed the dramatics to fit my campaign. Not perfect, but it works for now!
I imagine the trap guidelines will be something like average damage 1d6 per level, a save of 11-15 any stat depending on the nature of the trap, a search DC 15-20. I mean you have have all sorts of wacky wonderful traps, but the ability check system and some damage guidelines are all you really need to wing-em.
I am having the same problem, i have to write an adventure now as the players are almost over the isle of dread and there are no rules. i am doing to spell thing, also i just try to do some sort of weapon damage, ok they fall of 4 spears so 4d6, one giant axe, 1d12, stuff like that.

Else, lots of pit traps. fall damage is clear

so why no adventure between level 7 and 14? 
I think the simple answer is that its not fun designing game rules but much more exciting to make say a druid or paladin class That is why there is next to no support for DMs beside what we carry with us in our personal bags, and what IS there is nearly a year out of date. Be honest... if you landed a nice job of designing d&d would you be any different? DMs are resorceful and will come up with fair rules on their own, where as players are resourceful but with a subjective view of fair.