Forum Profile Question

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Why isn't Psion a character class option for the drop down menu on a poster's profile page. In a related question in this quiz: www.wizards.com/dnd/class/index.asp it also appears that Psion is not a possible outcome, why? Psionics has been part of D&D since 1976 (D&D Supplement III -Eldritch Wizardry),  literally present in every edition of the game...what gives?

Given the design goals of 5E the aggregate of all past PHB classes should be present in the 5E PHB: Barbarian, Ranger, Rogue, Assassin, Monk, Fighter, Warlord, Paladin, Cleric/Priest, Psion, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard/Mage/Illusionist, Bard, and Druid. Add in one or two Gish/variants and call it perfect.

That quiz was released more than three years ago in March 2009 when 4e's Player's Handbook 2 was released.  So it only contains the classes released for Fourth Edition to that date.  Psion wasn't released for 4e until the Player's Handbook 3 a year later.
That quiz was released more than three years ago in March 2009 when 4e's Player's Handbook 2 was released.  So it only contains the classes released for Fourth Edition to that date.  Psion wasn't released for 4e until the Player's Handbook 3 a year later.

Thanks...that seems like a reasonable explanation of how it happened...and...while I can see it might take a bit of effort to modify the quiz to include psions, I can't imagine it would be nearly as difficult, or particularly harmful, to update the D&D character profile to include "psion" in the drop-down menu, particularly in light of the inadvertant exclusion from the quiz...the results of which I see all over the forums in people's signatures...including, frustratingly, classes that did not exist when I was playing my first psionic characters...

Given the design goals of 5E the aggregate of all past PHB classes should be present in the 5E PHB: Barbarian, Ranger, Rogue, Assassin, Monk, Fighter, Warlord, Paladin, Cleric/Priest, Psion, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard/Mage/Illusionist, Bard, and Druid. Add in one or two Gish/variants and call it perfect.

Sign In to post comments