Questions on turns and Boros Reckoner

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
1. If Boros Reckoner, being a 3/3, blocked a 13/13 trampler, would the defending player get dealt 10 damage and be forced to redeal 13 damage to target creature or opponent due to his triggered ability?

2. If I was the active player in a match and I wanted to skip declaring attacks, blockers and combat damage would it be like 

First Main Phase -> Beginning of Combat -> End of Combat -> Second Main Phase

or

First Main Phase -> Second Main Phase 
1. If Boros Reckoner, being a 3/3, blocked a 13/13 trampler, would the defending player get dealt 10 damage and be forced to redeal 13 damage to target creature or opponent due to his triggered ability?

One or the other, not both.  If you deal 3 to Boros and 10 to the player, Boros's ability will only result in 3 damage.  If you deal all 13 to Boros, then that's how much the triggered ability results in.

2. If I was the active player in a match and I wanted to skip declaring attacks, blockers and combat damage would it be like 

This one is almost right.  You still also go to the declare attackers step, which is when you declare you are not attacking with any creatures.

1. that's up to the attacking player
he can assign 3-13 damage to Boros Reckoner and the rest to the defending player (or planeswalker)
the Reckoner would then deal 3-13 damage

2. the "begin of combat" and "declare attackers" step always happens
if no attackers are declared the rest of the combat phase is skipped
proud member of the 2011 community team

The attacking player can assign anywhere from 3 to 13 to the Reckoner and the rest to the defending player. The Reckoner will then deal however much it was dealt. In the most likely scenario, that would just be 3.

or

Neither. It's:
First Main Phase -> Beginning of Combat -> Declare Attackers -> End of Combat -> Second Main Phase

Its up to the attacking player what happens to the excess damage. He can assign anywhere between 3 and 13 damage to the Reckoner, and whatever is left to the player/planeswalker being attacked (between 10 and 0). The Reckoner's ability only counts damage actually dealt to it.

Normally the attacking player will deal 3 combat damage to the Reckoner, 10 to who ever he was attacking, and the Reckoner will deal 3 combat damage to the attacking creature, and then it's triggered ability will deal 3 damage to whatever player or creature it targets.

or

You would check with your opponent if it was OK for the game to move on past the end of the 1st main phase, and then the Beginning of Combat step, and then you would start your second main phase.

~ Tim
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)

The attacking player can assign anywhere from 3 to 13 to the Reckoner and the rest to the defending player. The Reckoner will then deal however much it was dealt. In the most likely scenario, that would just be 3.

or

Neither. It's:
First Main Phase -> Beginning of Combat -> Declare Attackers -> End of Combat -> Second Main Phase

2. the "begin of combat" and "declare attackers" step always happens
if no attackers are declared the rest of the combat phase is skipped

Not true. The end of combat step also still happens:
508.6. If no creatures are declared as attackers or put onto the battlefield attacking, skip the declare blockers and combat damage steps.