D&D Podcast: Mines of Madness, Part 1

D&D Podcast
Mines of Madness, Part 1

By Greg Bilsland, Scott Kurtz, Kris Straub, Molly Lewis, and Stepto

In this episode—appropriate for the day—R&D's Greg Bilsland leads a crew through the Mines of Madness (also available in today's playtest packet update: surprise!). Mines of Madness—written by Scott Kurtz and Chris Perkins—recently debuted at PAX East, with adventurers hurling themselves into a deadly dungeon in search of the fabled Forever Stone.

Talk about this podcast here.
Here's some pics from the session recording:

The players study up on their character sheets. Don’t get too attached! #DnDMinesofMadness  

super funny, as usual.

the description also seems to hint that it'll be released sometime today. 

Happy to be back on the best D&D forum on the internet!

In today's Legends & Lore column, Mike said Mines of Madness will be available today.

Later today, the adventure will be available in the playtest packet for download and play with the D&D Next rules.

Interesting that we're back into the realm of a one hit kills in 5e. It was even the first hit of the adventure.

'Sorry you decided to explore the bathroom dude, roll a new character.'

While I know some people really appreciate this playstyle, I can't imagine that it is too encouraging for new players. It is not something that I would enjoy. 

Wish I can watch a video of this podcast of Mines of Madness. 

This reminds me those D&D vidoes on youtube where Chirs Perkins run a few
D&D games.  
Interesting that we're back into the realm of a one hit kills in 5e. It was even the first hit of the adventure.

While I know some people really appreciate this playstyle, I can't imagine that it is too encouraging for new players. It is not something that I would enjoy. 

Judging from the webcomic it's tied into:
tabletitans.com/comic/adventure/mines-of...

...I'd say it's a fair bet that Mines of Madness is INTENDED to be an incredibly deadly dungeon crawl. 

that texture of play was the goal for the module, not the philosophy for this new edition.

Happy to be back on the best D&D forum on the internet!

I'll get that you didn't read the adventure. It is meant to be both humurous and super deadly like some dungeons of old days.

A critical hit by a Purple Worm's Bite on a 3rd level character (1d12 + 42 piercing damage) is enought to kill it instantly, and if not, being swallowed (1d10 acid + 1d10 bludgeoning damage) may very well...  ( :

Is that Perkins in the last picture with the ballcap behind everyone? It looks like him, but the pic is a little dark and that person also looks like they've got a small goatee on their chin, which I've never seen Chris with.

---

brian ®

Guitars & Gaming

Yes.  That's Perkins.
Sign In to post comments