Lego Block or 4 Sided Dice? Which One Hurt The Most?

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
My vote is on 4 sided dice. There reason why it does 1d4 damage. 

What's your vote and do you got any interesting story to shared of this pain? 
Never stepped on a Lego, but one player used the four-sided dice as caltrops once.

I just said something and you just read it. Sorry about that.

Never stepped on a Lego, but one player used the four-sided dice as caltrops once.

My first DM referred the d4 as the Caltrop after the cat knocked it on the floor (and all the way to the kitchen) and he "found" it in the middle of the night. I've used the term ever since, but haven't ever stepped on either.

Surely there is a special place in hell for people like this.
Try radiance RPG. A complete D20 game that supports fantasy and steampunk. Download the FREE PDF here: http://www.radiancerpg.com
Both. They each have their own special type of pain.
One starts with OUCH, the other starts with SON OFA B****! Ill let you guys and girls decide wich one is wich.

These new forums are terrible.

I misspell words on purpose too draw out grammer nazis.

I once stepped on a 4 sided dice, right in the middle of my foot. 

Stepping on legos may sting, but a 4 sided dice make it feel like you step on a nail.  
Love me some legos. Mix well with gamin.
I'd prefer stepping on a Lego by mistake over a D4. When you step on the lego, it's fairly wide(unless you step on it wierdly or it's a strangely shaped Lego) and most of the pain gets spread to everywhere else you stepped on it, and msot of the damage is softened because of that. With a d4, the entire pain is getting directed to a single point.
The d4 is definitely much worse.
The difference between madness and genius is determined only by degrees of success.
Why would you make a topic like this?  Both bring up terrible memories of pain.  At least I have yet to cut my foot thanks to a D4...

Crazed undead horror posing as a noble and heroic forum poster!

Some good pointers for the fellow hobbyist!:

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
 I've stepped on both and the d4 is by far worse than regular legos but, the "Dragon" megablock lego weapons can be as bad as a d4. Neither compare to a nail though, 14 years of construction sites and I remember both times I put a nail in my foot as if they were yesterday.
This is a question?

d4
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Looks like the 4 sided dice is the clear winner. 

I hope you all don't have to experience the pain of stepping on one.  
While stepping on Lego blocks is bad, I have to say the d4 is worse.
I have to disagree with the majority.

A d4 IS painful; don't mistake me. The sharp point has a distinct stabbing sensation that can send nerves firing like popcorn. But stepping on a Lego piece, left by a beautiful 4 year old daughter, when said Lego piece has fallen on the carpet and is angled in such a way that one of those razor sharp corner/edge combos is upright.. holy cow.

The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
So many PCs, so little time...
One of my worst foot-based injuries, occurred not from stepping on a lego or a die (I have done both) but from stepping on an up-turn plug. Now this is a English plug that went about an inch into my foot and left a perfectly rectangular wound. And I didn't even notice until I'd walked a trail of blood all the way down the stairs, funny how that happens.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Lego by far.  Most d4s are rounded (as stated by DaBugbear), but most Legos are still sharp, even after years of love.
After playing in a 14 hour game at a convention I fell asleep not realizing that I had dropped a d4 in my sleeping bag...

I awoke six hours later in horrible pain.   My friend pulled the d4 from my back and it left a black bruise and hurt like heck.

I vote d4, but I would say it depends on how it is implemented to inflict pain.
Lego blocks do 1 point damage, with a 20 critical for x2.

D4 as a weapon actually has a special feature (represented by Δ in the footnotes). This means it attacks with +4 to hit (increasing it's DPR overall) and, most notably, when stepped on makes a free trip attack as if 8 categories larger. If the trip is successful, the d4 makes a bullrush attack in one of 4 cardinal directions with the same size category modifier for strength.

True story: I once lived in a tiny attic space with a hardwood floor, ceiling so low the rats was hunchbacked. I step on a d4, which slides directly toward the stairs, and I fall down those. Although I was unscathed, the d4 was pressing into my heel... so when I try to stand again, I immediately fall down again.

Terrible klutz? No. The d4 is just... overpowered.
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.
Note just in from D12 -

Nerf d4. Lego is working as intended.
So many PCs, so little time...
I have to disagree with the majority.

A d4 IS painful; don't mistake me. The sharp point has a distinct stabbing sensation that can send nerves firing like popcorn. But stepping on a Lego piece, left by a beautiful 4 year old daughter, when said Lego piece has fallen on the carpet and is angled in such a way that one of those razor sharp corner/edge combos is upright.. holy cow.

The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.

Sig'd!
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Note just in from D12 -

Nerf d4. Lego is working as intended.

LMAO!
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.