Your barbarian and mine will be identical. How to fix this.

Barbarians are really well balanced, mechanically interesting, and fun IMHO, with one issue. There's no class-specific customization! Consider every other class:

• Cleric: Your deity outlines Channel Divinity, cantrips, domain spells, and a Disciple power.

• Druid: Circle of Oak or Circle of the Moon lets you go more caster-focused or Wild Shape focused. 

• Fighter: Death Dealer, Superior Defense, Unerring Attacker, Multiattack,  and Unstoppable all give ways to customize your fighter.

• Monk: Your Monastic Tradition determines which Ki Abilities you have.

• Your Oath gives you Channel Divinity options and spells, and your Mount differs from other paladins

• Ranger: Your favored enemy gives you special training variations at levels 1, 1, 2, and 8.

• Rogue: Your rogue scheme gives you a Sneak Attack style, Skills, specific feats, and a skill trick. Later you choose a Multiattack option

• Wizard: For all that I'm bitching all over da forums about how weak Tradition of Wizardry is, it's still a thing you choose that means you're one style of wizard and others are a different style of wizard.

Shouldn't Barbarians have some features where they choose X option instead of Y option? I'd set it up to be something in one of thse categories. A lot of it can be insta-fixed by 1. Taking an existing feature that's obviously one of these categories, and 2. making it an option instead, with options more aligned to the other categories

• Tough

• Thane

• Skirmisher/movement/moar attacking

• Pure damage

With time, young swallow.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

You bring up a good point, Swallow King

I hope they fix it to allow some customization
This is my biggest complaint about the barbarian right now. I think the current barbarians, with rage, should be called "berserkers," and there should be other barbarian builds that get something other than rage. After all, not every barbarian should be a berserk maniac. There could be shaman-like barbarians that channel the power of animal spirits, for example.
This is my biggest complaint about the barbarian right now. I think the current barbarians, with rage, should be called "berserkers," and there should be other barbarian builds that get something other than rage. After all, not every barbarian should be a berserk maniac. There could be shaman-like barbarians that channel the power of animal spirits, for example.

Basically 4e Barbarians

Play a druid, rename it 'Shaman', flavor your spells as animal spirit stuff, done.
Or a fighter, and reflavor your maneuvers as animal spirit stuff, like a maneuver that gives you extra speed is calling on a cheetah, or a big-damage maneuver is calling on a bear.
Or any of a hundred other things you can do.

Play a druid, rename it 'Shaman', flavor your spells as animal spirit stuff, done.
Or a fighter, and reflavor your maneuvers as animal spirit stuff, like a maneuver that gives you extra speed is calling on a cheetah, or a big-damage maneuver is calling on a bear.

We're talking about Barbarians here, not druids or fighters.

+1. THIS! I don't know why I don't see more of this. It is so easy to divorce class flavor and mechanics. Not every member of a group of savages is of the barbarian class, even if you would refer to them in-game as a barbarian.
You're aware that they've already said that they're going to give barbarians different rages to choose from and that the current barbarian is just the bare-bones deal, right?