Deck based around "where ancients tread"?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was wondering whether it would be possible to make a decent deck based around where ancients tread. I was thinking I could have set-ups like

Spawnsire Of Ulamog
Parallel Lives
2 x Primal Forcemage
Where Ancients Tread
Urabrask the Hidden

so you use spawnsires ability to make 2 eldrazi spawn (doubled to 4 with parallel lives) which enter as 6/7s thanks to Primal Forcemage and dealing 20 damage, the eldrazi spawn tap and sacrifice to add another 4 to the mana pool (given haste by urabrask), and the process is infinite (I think)

or another set-up I though of:

Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
Freed From the Real
Axebane Guardian
2 x Primal Forcemage
Where Ancients Tread
Urabrask the Hidden

in this one you use kiki-jiki (with freed from the real attached) to make a copy of axebane guardian, which enters as a 6/9 triggering where ancients tread, and since it has haste, you tap the new axebane guardian, to add and whatever other mana you want, of which the is used to untap kiki-jiki, and make him summon another axebane guardian, and so on

The only ways I know of to definitely get the Where Ancients Tread though are in black (maybe blue has some, I don't know of any). If I add black in for the tutors, I could potentially also add in Stuffy Doll and Phyresis and have Where Ancients Tread hit the Stuffy Doll (which is given infect by Pyresis).

Would Where Ancients Tread be more of a finisher than a center of a deck and it would be better to have stuff to summon swarms of creatures, without worrying about Where Ancients Tread at all and just give the newly born swarms haste?
Where Ancients Tread needs the creature to enter the battlefield with power 5+, Primal Forcemage gives a creature +3/+3 after it entered. so it won't work. Master Biomancer lets creatures enter with +1/+1 counters on them, so he would work, or continuous effects like Collective Blessing/Beastmaster Ascension.
Back in '09, Van Lunen made a BoaB article around Where Ancients Thread

Check it here - Where Timmy Threads

It's outdated, true. But it could be a nice starting point.
Two copies of sharuum the hegemon makes infinite damage: enters the battlefield, 5 damage, returns another, return artifact ability triggers, they both die from being legends, trigger resolves, returns 1, deal five damage, that one triggers and returns the other.  Rinse and repeat.

This can even be done in mono red woth cards like trash for treasure and goblin welder in some artifact build.

Hope some of this helps!!
Two copies of sharuum the hegemon makes infinite damage: enters the battlefield, 5 damage, returns another, return artifact ability triggers, they both die from being legends, trigger resolves, returns 1, deal five damage, that one triggers and returns the other.  Rinse and repeat.

This can even be done in mono red woth cards like trash for treasure and goblin welder in some artifact build.

Hope some of this helps!!

I like this version the best so far out of what's been suggested, it's funny to die to legend rule effects. Annyoing, but funny.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

treads is either winmore or a bad combo piece. It looks great and fun but when it does help you win you would usually have won earlier without it...

you could go with seance   lightning greaves and 5+ power cards with etb effects or haste.
Sign In to post comments