Looking For Online Group

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
     Hello, I am very new to D&D. I am looking for a group to play with online using some third party program. I would need help learning D&D as I am new. I would basically need help with everything since I've never actually played. I just recently got all the 4E books needed to play. I hope that there are some people willing to teach and play with a new person like myself.
Hey there, i too am looking for a group, if we find someone to help teach us would be great to join u. I understand a bit of the game, but ive only played the beginners box. Lets hope we can find others to join (:
I too am new and was looking for a good starter group, I've read through a couple books, watched some videos, made some characters, etc. but still need some help. So if we could find a good DM, we could get a good starter adventure going and maybe continue on from there.
It'd be awesome if we could find an experienced DM to teach us. I'll look around and post if I find anythingg. Hope you guys will do the same.
I'd be up for a group also. Friday/Saturday after 8pm PST is what would be best for me. 

For now I'm just looking for 1-2 /month for now, as I have 3 kids & a very busy schedule.

I've been looking at rpgtableonline.com as a VTT. 

I'm new to D&D as I can never find a local group to get started in, but I do have the basics & fundamentals down (in my head, anyways) I have several characters created, so I can fill almost any spot.  
Yeah those times and dates would be best for me as well. Now that we are all in a group, we need to find soomeone who knows what they're doing lol. Or we could all learn together. (Would be harder that way.) I tried to make account on that site and it said "404 not found." Another good VTT I know of is roll20.net.
I'll look into the roll20.net.

I think the RPG Tabletop online just changed their URL not that long ago & there are several spots that links need to be fixed.

Here is the working registration link  www.gametableonline.com/registration

If you do sign up for it, let me know & I can invite you to the test campaign I have set up so you can see the interface and play around with it.
I registered. Username is atilla280
I made an account there a couple days ago while looking for other places to find players, username is same as it is here (Gamerbug94)
Invite sent to both of you. User name is awyldknght
I don't know how to accept.

Go to the site and login, then in your current campaigns menu there should be an option to join the one he invited you to.
Sorry, just caught up with msges (: my username is (Total) quite simple aha. If u guys have space i would really appreciate an invite.
Invite Sent Total. 
I found a possible DM. Is everyone cool for playing sometime duting the weekends around 8:00 P.M. PST
Sounds good to me, I just need to know in advance so I can make sure I'm available.

What class is everyone? So I know which one to bring, I have a Warlock, Warlord, ranger and wizard. I can make a healer if needed.
Also, first weekend I have available to play would be April 27.
I am a Ranger, also, I'm not sure the DM will be available. I'm dming him now so I'll update you guys sometime. Also, for voice comm are we going to use Skype or what?
I can use Skype, Teamspeak, ventrilo, or Mumble. If no one has a private server for any of those, I can set one up, or we can all use Skype.
Skype is good for me (: If we are picking classes ill be warlord or wizard =P Im Uk time so as long as we set a saturday, 8pm PST is alright for me
I'm down for any time on the weeknds. Ill assume we'll be using the website provided already? Or something else? Either way, skype would work best for me. As for classes, I was planning on being a Beast Master Ranger, but if we already have a ranger i'll find something else.
Main thing we need is to find out what the DM wants to use. 

User/Classes:  
Atilla: Ranger
Total: Warlord/Wizard
Gamer: Ranger
Hesgone:  Shaman or RunePriest since we need a healer. I need to do more research on which I want.

He said that he would DM for us so we'll all have to get a time together sometime. I'll link him to this thread.
I vote April 27 @ 8pm PST, since that is the first time I'm available.

Which VTT is he going to use? The Rpg tabletop online or something else?
Main thing we need is to find out what the DM wants to use. 

User/Classes:  
Atilla: Ranger
Total: Warlord/Wizard
Gamer: Ranger
Hesgone:  Shaman or RunePriest since we need a healer. I need to do more research on which I want.

Hey guys Im Brandon and im gonna be the Dungeon Master. I do prefer to use skype over VTT voice chat for several reasons. I am going to have a website for the group for scheduling, story, Bios ect...
Can someone give me a list of how many players we have and how often does everyone want to play and for how long? every week? biweekly? Also, im fine with using RPGtable if thats what everyone is used to, but I dont have any tiles except the starter ones they give you and my own. That should work fine though. Lastly, is the group in the middle of a campaign? If so what are your levels and the campaign? 
Players: Atilla, HesGone, Gamerbug, and Total (Don't think I'm missing anyone)

I was hoping everyother week or so but I'm not sure on the others' schedule so we'll have to check with them.

We are not in the middle of a campaign.

Also, the website idea is really cool. 
Hey guys Im Brandon and im gonna be the Dungeon Master. I do prefer to use skype over VTT voice chat for several reasons. I am going to have a website for the group for scheduling, story, Bios ect...
Can someone give me a list of how many players we have and how often does everyone want to play and for how long? every week? biweekly? Also, im fine with using RPGtable if thats what everyone is used to, but I dont have any tiles except the starter ones they give you and my own. That should work fine though. Lastly, is the group in the middle of a campaign? If so what are your levels and the campaign? 

As far as I am aware, as of this post, there is just 4 of us.

My thoughts:
1)How often: For right now, my schedule is pretty busy. I'm good for once a month t maybe 2 times a month depending on how my schedule works.  If we are going to play on Saturdays to accomendate TotalBennet, then the first Saturday I'm availiable is April 27. I would prefer to start around 8pm as that is when I have the kids in bed & I'm free to play for several hours.
 After April, my schedule will open up a bit as my daughter will be done with Cheer & Dance competions. 

2)I'm just getting use to RPGtable, but have no preference in any one.

3)As far as I am aware, as of reading this thread, we are all beginners & are not in any campaigns.

I beleive none of us have any preference for VTT although RPGtable looks nice. 
Hey guys wondering if you guys have room for one more i currently DM once week with my pen and paper group and wouldnt mind at all helping in the DMing aspects of this game of they were needed but i am craving a players spot if you could fit one in id be super appreciative if not i understand you guys look like you have a good group here and dont want to overload the DM with an extra player. Im flexible with any roll guys what ever the party needs thanks in advance and happy rolls
As for how often, I'm very flexible, and can pretty much play whenever, especially Fri.-Sun. so I'm open to whenver other players can play. As for VTT's, I don't really have enough knowledge of them to make a choice, but whichever one is the least limiting on builds/gameplay works for me. As I stated, I am a beginner, so I'm not part of any campaign or anything.

As for adding in a 5th player, I'm all for it if everyone else is comfortable with it. Someone with a little experience under their belt could be very useful if we have questions! 
Personally im happy to add a 5th player (: especially somone with experience
As for Vtts, i know of RPGtable and d20pro, and either are good for me (: Being in Uk, friday and saturday are best for me (: tho with a few good days notice can technically do any day =P urmm and as for how often, once a fornight? once a week might be a bit much at first =P
As the others have said, im new, ive played the starter d&d edition (red box) with mates so i know a bit =P not part of any group or campaign
I'm fine with a 5th player, especially one that has some experiance. 

As for a character, what would your opinion on what we have picked out so far.

Atilla: Ranger (Striker)
Total: Warlord or Wizard (Leader / Controller)
Gamer: Ranger (Striker)
Hesgone:  RunePriest (Leader)

5 players would be fine. It's the best well rounded party. You guys as the party can decide what classes you want. If you want to roll 5 strikers I'm fine with that. Make whatever character you want to role play. Btw, I should have to site up tomorrow.
I'm also fine with adding a 5th player. Everyone add me on Skype, atilla.280
5 players would be fine. It's the best well rounded party. You guys as the party can decide what classes you want. If you want to roll 5 strikers I'm fine with that. Make whatever character you want to role play. Btw, I should have to site up tomorrow.

Thanks for the input Brandon.  I was just curious about the class setup because we could hit some monsters that could just whoop up on us if we didn't have a healer.  

With the RunePriest, I know I can stand up front & take a beating, at least the way I plan on building him.  I know the Warlord would be great up front also.

The strikers are good for DPS.  

The big thing will be getting to know the other players & how they want to play their guys.   
I'm going to play around with rpgtable and see the limitations. So well be prob using that or roll20. The adventure I have planned is level 1 Reavers of Harkenwold. Let me know if anyone has already ran this and I will find another. In the mean time everyone can make their characters and should have a backstory.
Website url is www.epicwords.com/campaigns/3101

click join campaign then make an account. Its FREE. Should be able to add a character on the right side of page. 
Says i need a passcode ): and with character create, is there any rules? i mean, can i just create any class (i have d&D character builder) Cheers
passcode is harkenwold

If u are using D&D character builder then pick custom then D&D home campaign. Anything in there you can use. 

If some of you are new to D&D and need help with making a character just let me know. Or you can just use my D&D insider account to make yours.  
email: shockwav2493@gmail.com
Or you can just use my D&D insider account to make yours.  

If you are serious about this, I wouldn't mind trying out the D&DInsider, I've been debating on whether I should try it out or not mostly for the Character Builder.

I have several created on paper, but this might be easier & a double check on what I have already made. Plus being able to export to the dnd4e file for different VTT's if needed. 

email: awyldknght@gmail.com 
Sign In to post comments