Manabarbs deck

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
heres my deck list for a deck based around manabarbs;

the main cards of the deck;

War's Toll Manabarbs Personal Sanctuary 

so with manabarbs and war's toll we can do big damage if a player decides to tap for mana. personal sanctuary so we dont get hurt in the process

support cards we have in the deck are;

True Believer Tamanoa Windborn Muse Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs

true believer works as a personal sanctuary for us, tamanoa is a hardcast but can help us do twice as much damage with manabarbs, windborn muse and kazuul, tyrant of the cliffs can stop us from being attacked, or if the opponent does decide to attack he is going to take damage.

other cards;

Huntmaster of the Fells Ravager of the Fells      Oblivion Ring

huntmaster of the fells can work really well in this deck as he can be transformed a lot, and oblivion ring for good old removal.

deck so far;

4 birds of paradise
4 suture priest
4 tamanoa
3 huntmaster of the fells
3 windborn muse
2 kazuul, tyrant of the cliffs

4 personal sanctuary
4 manabarbs
3 oblivion ring
4 war's toll
2 ghostly prison

i still need to work out my land base for this deck, and would really appreciate some feedback about the cards. thankyou for reading my thread.
I've had a few Manabarbs decks.

One was an aggro deck based on filling the field with recurrring creatures like Bloodghast (buried alive), undying/persist creatures with low-CMC, Tallmen and artifact beatsticks like Grafted Wargear.
......and then plonking down a Barbs. 
I attempted to make the deck able to just empty it's hand as quickly as possible, with cheap removal like Bolt
Most of the time Barbs was just the extra amount of damage I needed.

My other Manabarbs deck was based on mana-denial, uses Borderposts and Signets to avoid needing much land, drops Armageddon, Impending Disaster, creature sweeps, Ghostly Prison, Island Sanctuary and a couple Catastrophe.  

The aggro version was way more consistent, and way more fun too....
How are you finding ManaBarbs? I'd run Sterling Grove or  Idyllic Tutor.

War's Toll has negative synergy with WindBorn Muse, Ghostly Prison and Tamanoa.

You need non-Land ramp, so I'd replace Suture Priest with Druid Of The Anima. Keeper Of Progenitus is another option. Honestly - I'd run both.

Runed Halo is another protection option - I think I'd prefer it to Personal Sanctuary.

You need a way to destroy Manabarbs if it gets too much for you - I'd look at War Priest Of Thune for that role.

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

so this deck list is that good no one has anything to say after nearly 60 view's, cmon Smile
ive used manabarbs in 2 scenarios: really cheap decks, and your scenario 

manabarbs is great in cheap decks because it disrupts your opponents tempo late game, while you should be kicking out more damage then taking in from manabarbs with things like lightning bolt 

in your scenario, you could add more things like thalia, guardian of thraben, isolation cell, more ghostly prisons, etc. but try and pump out as much damage as possible with manabarbs

btw, idk if you realized this, but read tamanoa. manabarbs is a noncreature source, so with tamanoa alone you don't take damage from manabarbs, and you actually gain 1 life for each land your opponents tap

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Tariff (would be neat to see in M14), Soul Tithe, and Spelltithe Enforcer could be good; I intend to use the last in my RW Manabarbs/Personal Sanctuary deck.

I really like the inclusion of Kazuul - I've been looking for a home for mine.  Thank you!

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
You have a full playset of Idyllic Tutor - so you probably don't need the full number of Runed Halo. I'd also reduce the number of Oblivion Ring's to enable you to run a toolbox of sorts. The aforementioned Soul Tithe could be fun removal, Mana Flare helps you ramp, Furnace Of Rath makes Manabarbs much worse, Suppression Field could be SB material, Arboria could be very interesting, Fires Of Yavimaya is always solid, etc, etc.

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

Sign In to post comments