Dragon's Maze Trailer

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
ZOMG RAL ZAREK IS TEH NARRATOR

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Not to create chaos or conspiracy theories, but a few guys in the comments for the Spanish trailer pointed out that in 1:08, where the tablet is shown, the symbol of Phyrexia can be briefly seen.
if Niv-mizzet can decide who is in charge of Ravnica, won't it mean he is already in charge? Sounds like an excuse to place a puppet there, especially since it clearly hints that he either plans to cheat or stay out of the race (which is weird, since we have an izzet champion, but it would also suit niv-mizzet fine to have someone else be the target just like he decided to stay out of the entire mess with the nephilim last time). I guess Lazav must have had an idea this was coming as it jives well with his trailer and the flavour text referring to the maze, but we know from the gatecrash trailer that Gideon will stop Lazav.

My money is on Jace completing the maze. He is a planeswalker, he is not directly affiliated atm it seems, and it would be a big deal in terms of his story for him to become the leader of his home plane, and noone would really challenge him to it, and he has already been working on the maze for a long time.

I think Wizards did a better job with the Innistrad block trailers than with the RTR ones. But still great work.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Shendran, the maze was created by Azors, one of the original creators of the Guildpact, and the first leader of the Azorius.
Part of the magic of the maze is that they all have to compete, it was a backup plan for the pact's failure. And the maze's path has already been set out, so its really just a race through Ravnica.

Niv doesn't know Ral is a PW, and Ral is a rather slimy dude in general.

Jace isn't aligned with a guild. Don't see him being able to compete, unless it is as a represenative of the guildless faction (which I could see being possible). I didn't think Jace was originally from Ravnica, I just thought it was where he had chosen to spend his time because it was a place he could fall through the cracks after leading the Consortium and retiring (so to speak)

but this Trailer is by far the best one yet. Minimal number of cards given animation, which was nice. 

(at)MrEnglish22

I've loved the trailers for RtR. So much foreshadowing. Especially of there being no pillar for the Dimir. Interesting. It seems that you can see the Phyrexian symbol very briefly at the end.
"One being will rule the guilds of Ravnica."
Didn't the gates say that the Guilds of Ravnica will destroy themseles or something? Maybe the Phyrexians will pick up the pieces.  
http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20802.jpg
If Phyrexia were to get involved at all, I'd be interested in seeing Invasion II: Ravnican Edition. In other words, the Guilds unite to fight and defeat Phyrexia.

Shendran, the maze was created by Azors, one of the original creators of the Guildpact, and the first leader of the Azorius.
Part of the magic of the maze is that they all have to compete, it was a backup plan for the pact's failure. And the maze's path has already been set out, so its really just a race through Ravnica.

Niv doesn't know Ral is a PW, and Ral is a rather slimy dude in general.

Jace isn't aligned with a guild. Don't see him being able to compete, unless it is as a represenative of the guildless faction (which I could see being possible). I didn't think Jace was originally from Ravnica, I just thought it was where he had chosen to spend his time because it was a place he could fall through the cracks after leading the Consortium and retiring (so to speak)

but this Trailer is by far the best one yet. Minimal number of cards given animation, which was nice. 

Correct about Jace - Ravnica is not his home plane; he abandoned that after wiping out his master's memory of how to breathe.
If Phyrexia were to get involved at all, I'd be interested in seeing Invasion II: Ravnican Edition. In other words, the Guilds unite to fight and defeat Phyrexia.

Yes, but they will try to damage the other guilds while doing so.
Correct about Jace - Ravnica is not his home plane; he abandoned that after wiping out his master's memory of how to breathe.

He never actually killed Alhamaret, he just reduced him to a vegetable.
Can someone sumarize it for me? ^^
Can someone sumarize it for me? ^^

Jace f*cks up his masters head after he read his mind and realizeses that his master new he was a planeswalker before he was ignited. 
Not to create chaos or conspiracy theories, but a few guys in the comments for the Spanish trailer pointed out that in 1:08, where the tablet is shown, the symbol of Phyrexia can be briefly seen.

Nope, checked it where did u hear this?

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

So that's how you pronounce Izzet...

I always thought it was pronounced "Is it?" 

Nope, checked it where did u hear this?

When the light beam shoots up out of the maze and through the tablet, the tablet's inner circle lights up as the ray of light is going through it.  I really hope they don't ruin Ravnica with that crap.   
I was talking about the video I can't watch from where I am >_>
@ ChaosLight

Here is what is being said in the trailer.

[Ral Zerek Speaking]

Guilds of Ravnica, the dragon Niv-Mizzet has come to a decision.

Your agressions threaten our city and risk all out war. To quell these conflicts the Izzet will include you in our grand project. The Firemind has discovered an ancient maze that winds through our world. It passes through all ten hollowed guild gates, from Selesnya's welcoming arch to the dungeon door of Rakdos.

Niv-Mizzet invites you to complete the maze's path and to choose a champion to traverse it. Warrior or diplomat. Sorcerer or brute. The choice is yours.

Running the maze will be trecherous and deadly. Your fellow guilds will use every resource to stop you. And I am no exception.

But you will send your champions because solving the maze will yield a prize that will change our world forever: One being will rule the guilds of Ravnica.

The imagry in the video shows a couple of pictures of Niv-Mizzet and few people fighting followed by a amber beam of light passing through a few guild gates. Then it shows a bunch of images which can only be assumed to be the guild champions from the upcomming set followed by a picture of Ral Zerek himself. Next, it shows a big amber crystal with a ring of pillars surrounding it that each have a guild symbol on them. The beam of light going through the guildgates earlier reaches it, spreads into several beams that each light up the guild symbols on the pillars, and then a giant beam fires up from the crystal to the sky. The video closes with the illustration from Tablet of the Guilds being hit by the beam which lights up all ten guild symbols.

Xweetoks = ♥Happiness

I wonder what the twist will be.
Who was that guy fighting niv with the giant ooze? He also restricted the blood witch with an ooze.
I'm not sure if they're the same being, but I believe the Merfolk battling Niv-Mizzet is Vorel of the Hull Clade. This seems to suggest he may summon Oozes. Hmmm...

"That dude with the hairpiece was Bruce Willis the whole time!"

Rules Advisor

It was the trees all along!

Fblthp rules the guilds of Ravnica.

Teysa's a guy!
I've loved the trailers for RtR. So much foreshadowing. Especially of there being no pillar for the Dimir. 

SPOILERS (Sort of - It's been mentioned in this forum before but it nevertheless is regarding the recent Secretist novels)

Azor created the "implicit maze", so this was around the time of the creation of the Guildpact....back when the Dimir were not actually considered a guild, nor covered by said pact. So it is merely a Continuity Nod (to quote TvTropes) to not have a pillar for the Dimir...and indeed, it would only be a plothole if there was.

Interestingly....there are ten beams of light at the end of the trailer...9 hitting the pillars of the Guildpact-bound guilds, and 1 hitting the ground between two pillars, likely symbolic of the Dimir - the magic of the maze recognizing the Dimir's status as a new guild. Also interesting to note that the trailer, while showing the beams of light going through the guildgates, omits Dimir's for likely the same reason.

Good to know that those in charge of designing the appearance of the Maze's End and the trailer are aware of the lore...it would concern me if they didn't, but it's still nice to see.

Came for the flavor, stayed for the game. (10/4/2013: Discovered that I suppose I most closely resemble a Vorthos player, right after my odd obsession with making hyper-budget but effective decks and right before being a Johnny)
I've loved the trailers for RtR. So much foreshadowing. Especially of there being no pillar for the Dimir. 

SPOILERS (Sort of - It's been mentioned in this forum before but it nevertheless is regarding the recent Secretist novels)

Azor created the "implicit maze", so this was around the time of the creation of the Guildpact....back when the Dimir were not actually considered a guild, nor covered by said pact. So it is merely a Continuity Nod (to quote TvTropes) to not have a pillar for the Dimir...and indeed, it would only be a plothole if there was.

Interestingly....there are ten beams of light at the end of the trailer...9 hitting the pillars of the Guildpact-bound guilds, and 1 hitting the ground between two pillars, likely symbolic of the Dimir - the magic of the maze recognizing the Dimir's status as a new guild. Also interesting to note that the trailer, while showing the beams of light going through the guildgates, omits Dimir's for likely the same reason.

Good to know that those in charge of designing the appearance of the Maze's End and the trailer are aware of the lore...it would concern me if they didn't, but it's still nice to see.

Spoilers....I guess since this is from the original Ravnica block books.

Did some quick checking, House Dimir was a member and included in the original Guildpact however its existance remaining a secret was a condition of being included. When Argus Kos arrested Szadek Dimir was revealed and thus how the original guildpact was broken.
Ah...well that's fair enough. My fault for not checking my sources, since it was before my time as a player of the game and I'd read up on summaries of the history as opposed to having read the original novels. Thank you, I'm glad to now know that.

Regardless, if House Dimir was a secret member of the Guildpact then it would still make sense that the architecture of the Maze's End does not depict them outright as a tenth pillar.
Came for the flavor, stayed for the game. (10/4/2013: Discovered that I suppose I most closely resemble a Vorthos player, right after my odd obsession with making hyper-budget but effective decks and right before being a Johnny)
Personally... I think the guild champions upon completing the Maze will become the new Paruns of a new kind of guildpact. This could create quite a rift, to set up for block 3. Then again with all the secret ally stuff going on, maybe it will end with the guildpact restored, and block three being Guilds vs. Gateless.

It would be the highest he's ever been, off the ground. 
Personally... I think the guild champions upon completing the Maze will become the new Paruns of a new kind of guildpact. This could create quite a rift, to set up for block 3. Then again with all the secret ally stuff going on, maybe it will end with the guildpact restored, and block three being Guilds vs. Gateless.

It would be the highest he's ever been, off the ground. 

I don't think a wierd can become a parun... or at least it'll be really hard to.
I get the feeling Mizzet is going to harvest the weird when it reaches the end of the Maze.
Sign In to post comments