Why cant I create certain classes in the builder?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
In the Character builder i wont let me pick certain classes. It doesnt have a regular Cleric, fighter and many other regular clases without them already having some kind of background. Is there a reason for this? im using the custom character creation and i bought the dnd insider.
If the Custom Options doesn't let you Build a Custom D&D Character with any of the classes,  you should Report a Bug to Wizards

[sblock]

1. Click, "Report a Bug"

2. New users please register, by clicking on, "Create a New Account".

3. Existing users login with the email and password you registered with.

4. Under Operating System, please enter the OS your using.

5. Under Subject, give a brief description of the bug

6. Under Question, enter the steps you followed to encounter the bug, what outcome or error you received, and what you expected to happen.

7. Under attach documents, provide screenshots and DXdiag to to help us further.

8. Click, "Continue".

9. Click "Send Email"

10. You're done.

11. A confirmation email will be sent to indicate we recieved your bug succesfully.

In the Character builder i wont let me pick certain classes. It doesnt have a regular Cleric, fighter and many other regular clases without them already having some kind of background. Is there a reason for this? im using the custom character creation and i bought the dnd insider.

Maybe you're seeing something like Weaponmaster and Templar?  Those are the "new" names for the regular Fighter and Cleric, as opposed to Slayers/Knights or Warpriests.

In other words, Weaponmaster is not some sort of background for the Fighter.  Weaponmaster is the name they used after Essentials to differentiate a Players Handbook Fighter from an Essentials Slayer or Knight, who are also Fighters.  Same thing with Templar, that's the name they use to differentiate a Players Handbook Cleric from an Essentials Warpriest.

Fighters:

Weaponmaster (Core PH)
Slayer (Essentials)
Knight (Essentials)

Clerics:
Templar (Core PH)
Warpriest (Essentials)

And no, not ALL of the classes got renamed in this manner, which can be confusing if you're not aware of this.  For example, there are Paladins, who did not get renamed, then there are Cavaliers who are a type/subclass of Paladin.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

Thanks for the help. I was kind of thinking it something in the lines of that but couldnt tell. Wish you could just start out as the regular class and then go from there. But whatever at least i understand now. Is there a list of all the changes or is that all of them?
Thanks for the help. I was kind of thinking it something in the lines of that but couldnt tell. Wish you could just start out as the regular class and then go from there. But whatever at least i understand now. Is there a list of all the changes or is that all of them?

Why can't you start as the regular class and go from there.

If I want to make a PHB1 Fighter, I select Fighter (Weaponmaster), and I'm there.

Nothing was removed, the terminology just changed.

As for which classes got renamed, only the core four. Fighter, Cleric, Rogue and Wizard. PHB1 Fighter is Weaponmaster, PHB1 Cleric is Templar, PHB1 Rogue is Scoundrel and PHB1 Wizard is Arcanist. For the other classes from PHB1 and PHB2 which received Essentials style subclasses, if there is no parenthetical name after the class name, you have the class from PHB1 or 2. Druid, Ranger, Paladin, Bard, Warlock, Assassin, Barbarian and Sorcerer have all had subclasses published which work significantly differently than their Player's Handbook versions. These subclasses are Sentinel, Protector, Scout, Hunter, Cavalier, Blackguard, Skald, Hexblade, Binder, Executioner, Berserker and Elementalist, respectively.

Sign In to post comments