Trying my hand at an Exalted/removal deck, what do you think?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
This deck has been holding its own fairly well, especially against decks that run plainswalkers. I'm not sure if Pherexian revoker is still legal, but i'm hoping it is.

Land x24

12 Swamp
12 Plains

Creatures x 24
Duskmantle Prowler x2
Vampire Nighthawk x2
Knight of Infamy x2
Aven Squire x2
Fiend Hunter
tormented soul x2
Cartel Aristocrat x2
Phyrexian Revoker x2
Warclamp Mastiff x2
Cathedral Sanctifier x2
Duty-Bound Dead x4

Other Spells x 12

Grave Exchange x2
Oblivion Ring x2
Crippling Blight x2
Angelic Benediction x2
Cloudshift x2
Planar Cleansing x2

"whatever happens, we'll still be friends, right?"

---Luke hill, before he laid the smackdown on me and my previously undefeated deck 

"But wait there's more!"

---Andy Lynam, before he countered my counter to his counter of my counter to his Furnace of Rath

Phrexian Revoker is no longer legal, it rotated out at the launch of RTR. Sorry :/ Also, you would probably have a better time if you were running someone other than Duskmantle Prowler Just because he's a tad expensive on the mana in my opinion... You could try Knight of Glory.. If you think that like pro-white/black makes exalted not work, you would be mistaken. Exalted doesn't target, so I'd totally do it man. Also instead of Phyrexian Revoker they always have Pithing Needle That is, if that works for you? Also if you wanted more cheap removal they have Tragic Slip, Devour Flesh, and Tribute to Hunger I know it's expensive but Sublime Archangel would love to be here. Also just curious, why the Mastiff?
Cards that I think are weak for your deck's purpose:

Duskmantle Prowler
Cathedral Sanctifier
Grave Exchange
Angelic Benediction
Cloudshift
Planar Cleansing

Cards you are mssing:

Knight of Glory
Sublime Archangel (this is usually the main wincon for exalted decks)
Silverblade Paladin
Godless Shrine
Isolated Temple
Cathedral of War

Cathedral Sanctifier might be better replaced with High Priest of Penance, unless you are planning on using Tragic Slip

Smite is a remarkably good removal card for exalted decks, since you'll often only have one tapped creature after attacking.
Also just curious, why the Mastiff?

its a one drop with first strike. with Exalted, it gets a lot stronger a lot faster, so by turn 6, its hypothetically a 7/7 with first strike

"whatever happens, we'll still be friends, right?"

---Luke hill, before he laid the smackdown on me and my previously undefeated deck 

"But wait there's more!"

---Andy Lynam, before he countered my counter to his counter of my counter to his Furnace of Rath

Also just curious, why the Mastiff?

its a one drop with first strike. with Exalted, it gets a lot stronger a lot faster, so by turn 6, its hypothetically a 7/7 with first strike

So you're saying by turn 6 that your opponent will have dealt with 0 of your creatures? That's not going to be the case against  an average opponent. You have cards in here that don't synnergize with each other whatsoever. Cloudshift? Why? What purpose does it have in an exalted deck. Where is Sublime Archangel

Also, I suggest you do some more research before posting. It takes all of 2 minutes of google searching to figure out what is Standard legal... 
So you're saying by turn 6 that your opponent will have dealt with 0 of your creatures? That's not going to be the case against  an average opponent. You have cards in here that don't synnergize with each other whatsoever. Cloudshift? Why? What purpose does it have in an exalted deck. Where is Sublime Archangel

Also, I suggest you do some more research before posting. It takes all of 2 minutes of google searching to figure out what is Standard legal... 

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side. Why so bitter?

I would suggest Doomed Traveler over the mastiff or Cathedral Sanctifier. Dodges removal and give you an evasive creature to pump with Exalted.

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Norin (Mono Red Suicide)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side. Why so bitter?

Bitter? No.

Honest? Yes.

Honestly, no one should post in a Standard Deck Help forum if they have not taken the time to figure out if all their cards are standard legal, especially when it is incredibly easy and takes no less than 2 minutes to do so. Stop being lazy.

And its one thing to come and ask for help and throw out your deck lists, but it is pretty clear there was little to 0 research done on exalted cards. An exalted deck with 0 Sublime Archangel makes 0 sense, anyone can point that out. If card availability or budget is an issue thats perfectly understandable, but make sure you tell us that so we don't look at a pile of sub-par cards and wonder where all the obvious inclusions are.
Are there any cards in-color that have an effect like that of Watercourser? Because increasing P/T lets you activate that ability multiple times for huge damage.
Bitter? No.

Your posting comes across as bitter as unfriendly. There are a million ways you could have made the same points, while being more constructive about it. Not particularly welcoming, if it's a new player. That's all I'm saying.

This is the description of the Standard Deck Help forum: "Post here for help building your casual, budget, or noncompetetive Standard decks."
Bitter? No.

Your posting comes across as bitter as unfriendly. There are a million ways you could have made the same points, while being more constructive about it. Not particularly welcoming, if it's a new player. That's all I'm saying.

This is the description of the Standard Deck Help forum: "Post here for help building your casual, budget, or noncompetetive Standard decks."

What is not being constructive about criticizing the thought that his 1/1 First Strike exalted is going to stick around long enough to become a 7/7? Players need to always think about how their opponent is going to interact with them, not just thinking about how their deck plays out in solitare mode. 

I also stated (in the section that you decided to not quote me on) that if this is meant to be casual or has budget concerns that is perfectly fine by all means. But you need to state that if you want help with your deck. I'm not going to say you obviously need Sublime Archangel if you don't have the budget for them. If you tell the users that this is a casual deck then we can offer some input on casual cards. If you're posting a decklist that doesn't have standard legal cards in it, then you're just being lazy and asking other people to build a deck rather than help with it. 
It's only the tone of your posting that made me comment, not the content. I'm thinking you don't realize how you come across, judging by your follow-up response.
I'll buy him/her an ice cream at the next tournament he/she is at if I hurt anyone's feelings. But if you thought I was being rude then I guess the majority of the people that post here are just cruel. People need to not take things personally or be so sensitive here.