Using the same power more than once in a round.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I would swear that theres a rule that states you can't use the same at will more than once a round such when you spend an action point but I can't find it am I wrong?
I would swear that theres a rule that states you can't use the same at will more than once a round such when you spend an action point but I can't find it am I wrong?

You are wrong.

There are some powers that have this wording (typically leader heals) but for the most part you can use your actions to do what you like unless the power states otherwise or you don't have an additional use of that power.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
One exception is FUll Discipline Monk powers - if you use one such power, you can't use another one in the same round unless you spend an AP - so no using the attack from one and the movement power from another on a normal turn.

But that's a specific exception to the general rule that you can use whatever powers whenever as long as you have the actions and they're not expended.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
I had a DM who tried to claim this once - I have no idea where it came from.  It's never been a rule, never even come close to being a rule.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition