Need help with 3.0 Monster Manual 2

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
(3.5)
I'm building a table of all three base dragon types (well, base types, as they were in 2e) and I'm working on the MM2 gem dragons right now. I have the MM2 3.0-to-3.5 errata, plus a nice official piece published on this site about the psionic powers as well, so I'm pretty much good to go.

However, I SWEAR that I had an official MM2 conversion PDF with a table of all monsters with updated feats and skills, among other things. The PDF I have even mentions a table. Am I insane? Or did I lose a good download?
You're probably thinking of the 3.5 update booklet, which contains the information you're after.  The errata that I've got for MM2 came later, primarily to put everything in line with regard to shapechanging and polymorph effects.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome Lurker, Fulminating Crab, Ironglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
Why, in the name of... I dunno, Coke and bacon, or something else equally deific, would you actually be using MMII?
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
Why, in the name of... I dunno, Coke and bacon, or something else equally deific, would you actually be using MMII?

Fun, I assume, since this is D&D we're talking about.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome Lurker, Fulminating Crab, Ironglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
He already said why; he wants to use the three major dragon types - chromatic, metallic, and gem. Since gem dragons aren't in Draconomicon, he kinda has to.
Two... Ah ah ah! Three.. Ah ah ah! Four... Ah ah ah! Six... Ah ah ah!!
88534793 wrote:
Punctuation exists for a reason, and your neglect of the shift key is to the point where Social Services should be involved.
Thanks for the help

I have a long history of playing 2e which is why I like MM2; it includes many 2e MM monsters that were left out of the 3.5 MM. My awareness of D&D goes back to 1e, as well, so the 2e monstrous compendiums, the fiend folio (re-represented in 3.0e) and Oriental Adventures all hold a special place in my heart.

My main goal with my 3.5 group (most of whom have been playing with me since 2e) is to provide the same experiences I did with 2e. I am very happy with most of the rule changes in 3.5, which is why I no longer play 2e, and why I have no desire to play 4e+.

chimmy wrote:
... Am I insane? ...

EruditeApe wrote:
Why ... would you actually be using MMII?

Perhaps the Reason Stealer ?

Here comes your 19th forums breakdown ... ohh who's to blame, it ain't 5E driving you insane.

EruditeApe wrote:

Leviathan!

I've actually used that monster.

(Oh, how did they ever think that monster was CR 25?)

5e should strongly stay away from "I don't like it, so you can't have it either."

I once asked the question (in D&D 3.5) "Does a Druid4/Wizard3/ArcaneHierophant1 have Wildshape?". Jesse Decker and Andy Collins: Yes and the text is clear and can't be interpreted differently. Rich Redman and Ed Stark: No and the text is clear and can't be interpreted differently. Skip Williams: Lol, it's worded ambiguously and entirely not how I intended it. (Cust. Serv. Reference# 050815-000323)