Maximize Spell (3.5e)

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm not too familiar with metamagic feats, but from what I understand of maximize spell, this prevents level 7, 8, and 9 spells from being maximized due to the spell slot cost, correct? Since there are no 10th, 11th, and 12th level spell slots. 
My username should actually read: Lunar Savage (damn you WotC!) *Tips top hat, adjusts monocle, and walks away with cane* and yes, that IS Mr. Peanut laying unconscious on the curb. http://asylumjournals.tumblr.com/
Looks correct to me.

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

Looks correct to me.

Thank you. Just double checking.

I'm building an Ogre Mage with 23 levels of sorceror (which effectively makes him a level 30 character). I'm just trying to get to know the limits. 
My username should actually read: Lunar Savage (damn you WotC!) *Tips top hat, adjusts monocle, and walks away with cane* and yes, that IS Mr. Peanut laying unconscious on the curb. http://asylumjournals.tumblr.com/
Looks correct to me.

I'm building an Ogre Mage with 23 levels of sorceror (which effectively makes him a level 30 character). I'm just trying to get to know the limits. 

The Epic book, where you find rules for having more than 20 levels in a class, also has L>9 spell slots.  Specifically for Metamagic-ed-up things.

Oh, and:  D20 rules questions should go in the D20 Rules Questions forum, not in the "non-mechanical advice for GMs" forum.  You'll get better-informed answers there.
Confused about Stealth? Think "invisibility" means "take the mini off the board to make people guess?" You need to check out The Rules Of Hidden Club.
Damage types and resistances: A working house rule.
Looks correct to me.

The Epic book, where you find rules for having more than 20 levels in a class, also has L>9 spell slots.  Specifically for Metamagic-ed-up things.

Oh, and:  D20 rules questions should go in the D20 Rules Questions forum, not in the "non-mechanical advice for GMs" forum.  You'll get better-informed answers there.

Make the board faster and I'd consider it.

And I'm using the DM's guide as a reference since I unfortunately do not have immediate access to the epic level handbook. That said, I'll see if I can find a way to take a glance at it. 
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Make the board faster and I'd consider it.

Posting on the forum where you'll get the best answers is just as fast as posting on a forum where, if you're lucky, someone will know the right answer.  The D20 forums run on the same software on the same hardware - they're just as fast.  You'll just find experts on D20 rules questions in the D20 rules questions forum.

And I'm using the DM's guide as a reference since I unfortunately do not have immediate access to the epic level handbook. That said, I'll see if I can find a way to take a glance at it. 

You might also be able to find a copy of the Epic slots rules online, either in the SRD or with someone commenting on them.
Confused about Stealth? Think "invisibility" means "take the mini off the board to make people guess?" You need to check out The Rules Of Hidden Club.
Damage types and resistances: A working house rule.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Make the board faster and I'd consider it.

Posting on the forum where you'll get the best answers is just as fast as posting on a forum where, if you're lucky, someone will know the right answer.  The D20 forums run on the same software on the same hardware - they're just as fast.  You'll just find experts on D20 rules questions in the D20 rules questions forum.

You might also be able to find a copy of the Epic slots rules online, either in the SRD or with someone commenting on them.

Last time I did that, I waited 3 days for an answer. Here, I gained my answer in 14 minutes.

To google! 
There is an epic section at the www.d20srd.org site. Not sure if it has all the pertinent information though.

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

I'm pretty sure that it does, Warghoul.
It does.

I was evil and gave him the epic spell "damnation". And he can use it twice a day.

My players are going to despise me when they reach the BBEG. >_>

He's an Ogre Mage with 23 levels of sorceror, all full blown major artifact level equipment, has all the orbs of dragonkind, and some really ridiculous stats.
Consider looking into the Complete Arcane supplement for the Sudden Metamagic feats as well, as they will allow the villain to cast spells with metamagic effects without the increased casting time that a spontaneous caster suffers or increased level.

Happy Gaming