Rat Theme Deck

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was thinking about making a rat (mono black mull) deck. Would it be worth it?
Rat decks can be fun to run, and some can get down right nasty go for it! let us know how it goes
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Pack Rat
Swarmyard

those are the cornerstones of any ratdeck

here is my current Modern legal rat deck:

Infiltration Lens is quite nasty on any of the Ninjas
proud member of the 2011 community team
this is a good start thanks ton guys :-)
Pack Rat
Swarmyard

those are the cornerstones of any ratdeck

here is my current Modern legal rat deck:

Infiltration Lens is quite nasty on any of the Ninjas

What about Drainpipe Vermin? 

http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/index.php

Marrow-Gnawer?

~SE++

Nice addition, the list is growing
Nezumi Graverobber has always been a favorite rat of mine, play it so you can have graveyard removal (it can come in handy, Deathrite Shaman sucks) and early enough in game it can flip after 1 activation it can flip into a nice beater.

Rotting Rats is nice cause it can make an opponent discard two cards from it and late game unearth is always fun.

Crypt Rats isn't modern legal, but can be a great 1-2 of in here that can act as a sweeper as well as a way to burn an opponent's life. If you're hitting early enough you'll have more life than them so it shouldn't be a problem if you lose life. Also, if you're really worried about running Crypt Rats cause you lose life, keep in mind you're running , there's plenty of ways to gain life in decks.

If you like running the rat ninjas then consider Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni, she's a strong rat with a great ability and in you're running a bunch of little guys then your opponent wont think anything about taking 1-2 damage from a small rat allowing you to make nice use of the ninjutsu ability. Also, she reborns an opponent's creature, so make sure to run a bunch of removal so you can fill their graveyard/clear a path for her to keep swinging.

How to autocard: [spoiler] [c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

Wait, there is that rat card that gives +1/+1 to every other rat.  I think it says you can have as many as you want....Why not have 20 swamps and 40 of those rats i mentioned? Tongue Out
Wait, there is that rat card that gives +1/+1 to every other rat.  I think it says you can have as many as you want....Why not have 20 swamps and 40 of those rats i mentioned? 

Because Relentless Rats doesn't give +1/+1.  Besides, Ripple Rats is boring...

~SE++ 

http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/index.php

Wait, there is that rat card that gives +1/+1 to every other rat.  I think it says you can have as many as you want....Why not have 20 swamps and 40 of those rats i mentioned? 

Because Relentless Rats doesn't give +1/+1.  Besides, Ripple Rats is boring...

~SE++ 

And fragile too, it only takes one opponent in a playgroup to start playing with cards like Surgical Extraction, Lobotomy and/or Memoricide for a Relentless Rats deck to fail miserably... trust me I was the guy running 2 Lobotomy, we all laughed at the fact he then had 10 or so cards in his deck afterwards.

How to autocard: [spoiler] [c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

Keep in mind that you have to discard a card to use the ability on Pack Rat. But with that in mind you could put a few Veilborn Ghoul in your deck for it to use over and over again. Just one swamp and you could discard him again.