!FLUSH'S RANDOM STEAM 1V1 TOURNAMENT #4

389 posts / 0 new
Last post
Welcome to !Flush's (that's me) 4th Tournament!

THE TOURNAMENT HAS ENDED!

HAKEEM928 IS OUR NEW CHAMPION!!!  CONGRATULATIONS HAKEEM!!

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: Loukoumas vs. Hakeem928

Loukoumas ------> OD, GM, PI
Hakeem928 -----> GM, BR, ED

Prize:  A $5 or under game via Steam donated by an Anonymous Player.  Thanks for your help!!

Note:  I just want to encourage everyone to help eachother practice!  There's nothing better for competition than friendly encounters. ;)  Last tournament some of us would get together and play with and against the decks we are to face for eachother and it worked out great!  So don't hesitate to join and look someone up on the Steam The Planeswalking Dead Group for some practice!  We also have a lot of solidly good players and competitors in this competition, so if you are new, don't hesitate to ask for help!  Most of us don't bite...most... ;)

Round to Round Update 05/09/2013:  Hakeem928 has won the Championship!  Congratulations Hakeem!

TIME SCALE UPDATE 0/09/2013:  The tournament has officially ended.  Thanks everyone for participating!  Next tournament will be for DotP 2014 in Late June/Early July.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW CHALLONGE BRACKET

CLICK HERE TO VIEW CHALLONGE CHAMPION'S BRACKET

Tournament Start: 04/01/2013  Tournament End: 05/09/2013 

General Rules & Guidline:

I believe that a good player can play ANY deck vs. ANY deck and win (more times than not).  This is why I am running a random deck tournament.  To test who has the ultimate skills in DotP.  Each player will play vs. another player in a Swiss Style Tournament using a Challonge bracket, playing the best 2 out of 3 games.  As mentioned in the title, this is a ONE VS ONE tournament.

How do we know it is random?  I'll make sure it is, trust me, it is not hard.  If you do not trust me, do not sign up.  Before each match I will randomly pick THREE decks from the entire deck pool, this includes ALL Expansions and ALL Deck Packs currently available at the time the tournament begins.  If you do not, or cannot, have all decks available please do not sign up for the tournament.  No one will use the same deck within each match, although both opponents CAN end up with some of the same decks. For example, !Flush vs. Anon: !Flush can have GG, Anon can have GG, but neither one can have GG "twice".

To add a twist to this random deck element, out of the 3 decks randomly chosen, you choose which decks to play when.  Once a deck is chosen, it cannot be played again for the rest of the games within that match.  Let me explain in a little greater detail below:

Its me (!Flush on Steam) vs. Anon.

For !Flush the random decks he has access to include: GG, AoW, & RG.

For Anon the random decks he/she has access to include: PK, AW, & BR.  Decks randomly chosen for each player will be listed on the forums, updated in this original post as we move along.  Which decks the player chooses when will only be known when the match begins (outside a 3rd match if it is played, as there will be only 1 deck left to choose from).

!Flush and Anon play the best 2 out of 3 to see who wins.

!Flush & Anon can choose any of the 3 decks that they randomly received.  Say for the first round !Flush chooses AoW and Anon chooses PK.

Since I'm !Flush...We'll say I win the first round :P.  Each player now plays a 2nd round.  !Flush now has GG and RG to choose from.  Anon now has AW and BR to choose from.

We will say !Flush picks RG, Anon picks AW.

If !Flush wins, it is 2-0 and he won the match, the players are off to their next opponent.  If he loses, a 3rd round is now the deciding and final round in who wins the complete match.  Now the only option left for !Flush is GG while Anon will be using his/her last option with BR.  After !Fush and Anon play, their next games will be with a new set of 3 randomly chosen decks against their new opponents.  In a Swiss match points are given for each game won, 1 point for a draw, and 0 for losses.  Please refer to the Tournament Organizer's Handbook for more details.  After the Swiss Tournament has concluded the top 4 or 8 players (depending on the amount of players playing) will duke it out in a Single Elimination Bracket to secure the title of CHAMPION.

About "Re-matches":  There are NO RE-MATCHES.  The ONLY time this is accepteable is if there is a freeze and no one got disconnected/is obviously the problem (as this does happen).  This may seem a bit harsh but these things happen and if it does, then the person who had the trouble will be the one who lost that particular game.  If someone makes a mistake, the timer runs out, etc., these are not means for a re-match.  Mistakes happen and are part of playing the game.

Please, if you have no extra time, do not sign to participate and have only one or 2 days with one or 2 hours of availabilty.  If one or 2 people continually hold up everyone else they may be asked to concede the tournament.  Hopefully this does not happen.  Just try to be considerate of others and complete matches in a timely fashion.  If this will likely be a problem, then please refrain from joining.

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF TOURNAMENT PLAYERS:
Show
I will update the list as more people sign up.

1.  minddrifter -----> !Flush
2.  xXmulteyemeteorXx -----> multeyemeteor
3.  d3s -----> d3ss
4.  Hakeem928 -----> Hakeem928
5.  Grunthex -----> Grunthex
6.  thedevilwuster -----> thedevilwuster
7.  Nunezilla -----> nunezilla
8.  ShidoshiWins -----> Shidoshi
9.  Mastergear_Owen -----> garren_windspear
10.  MvdL -----> Eikeltje
11.  cheetahhhh -----> Cheetahhh!
12.  iiAyJayo -----> iiAyJayo
13.  Saltkin -----> {G} Saltkin {U}
14.  Spiritmongo -----> Avacyn
15.  Kangermu -----> Kangermu
16.  You_Spoony_Bard -----> Kupo Trooper
17.  slappywhite -----> slappywhite
18.  DarkenedCreeper -----> DarkenedCreeper
19.  testaccount -----> Loukoumas
20.  GunEye -----> Ransom Seraph

When signing up please list the following:  The name you appear as on Steam, your timezone, and the best available hours for you to play.  It should look something like this:

Steam name: !Flush
Timezone: Eastern Standard/-500 GMT/UTC
Best Available Hours: 8am-8pm: All day every day.

Note:  GMT and UTC timezones are the same thing in case anyone is confused.

PLEASE JOIN Flush's 1v1 Random DotP Tournaments group on Steam to be able to better communicate with other players via Steam as well as on this Forum.  After each tournament I will drop all current members and have all the members of the new tournament join.

PLEASE POST wins and losses in bold red font and be clear and consise. It should look like this: !Flush defeats Anon 2-1.  

Abbreviations for decks: CL = Celestial Light, BoF = Born of Flame, PI = Pack Instinct, DP = Dream Puppets, GG = Goblin Gangland, OD = Obedient Dead, PK = Peacekeepers, ED = Exalted Darkness, AW = Ancient Wilds, CW = Crosswinds,
AS = Aura Servants, SS = Sepulchral Strength, MS = Mindstorms, GM = Grinning Malice, CM = Collective Might,
AoW = Act of War, RG = Rogues' Gallery, MM = Mana Mastery, BR = Berserkers Rage, GP = Grim Procession,
SaS = Sky and Scale.

The following decks are being used in the tournament (this will update as we move along):

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 1 (A-J):
Show

d3ss ------> BR, AW, MM
Cheetahhh! -----> MS, BR, RG

Kangermu -----> AW, CL, GG
DarkenedCreeper -----> GP, CW, BoF

Hakeem928 -----> SaS, AW, ED
garren_windspear -----> CL, SS, ED

slappywhite -----> SaS, BR, RG
Kupo Trooper -----> BoF, GG, OD

nunezilla -----> GM, DP, SS
Avacyn -----> BoF, OD, AW

thedevilwuster -----> RG, ED, PI
Eikeltje -----> GP, CW, BoF

iiAyJayo -----> GM, PI, SS
Loukoumas -----> MS, CM, SaS

{G} Saltkin {U} -----> GG, SaS, RG
Grunthex -----> CW, MM, OD

multeyemeteor -----> DP, PI, MM
!Flush -----> CM, DP, AW

Shidoshi -----> GG, ED, AoW
Ransom Seraph -----> CW, DP, MM

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 2 (K-T):
Show

Avacyn -----> CL, MM, SaS
Ransom Seraph -----> BoF, MS, GM

garren_windspear -----> BR, GP, SaS
!Flush -----> CL, ED, MS

DarkenedCreeper -----> AW, MM, BR
Grunthex -----> CL, CM, MM

Cheetahhh! -----> CL, OD, AS
Loukoumas -----> BoF, GM, ED

slappywhite -----> CL, AW, MM
Eikeltje -----> PI, GG, BR

thedevilwuster -----> ED, AW, AoW
Kupo Trooper -----> CW, MS, CM

nunezilla -----> GM, GP, MS
Shidoshi -----> GM, MM, PK

Hakeem928 -----> PK, MM, GP
multeyemeteor -----> OD, GP, SaS

Kangermu -----> PK, RG, SaS
{G} Saltkin {U} -----> OD, ED, CW

d3ss -----> PI, DP, MM
iiAyJayo -----> BoF, PI, PK

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 3 (U-AD):
Show

Cheetahhh! -----> OD, AS, RG
Ransom Seraph -----> SS, MS, CM

Kupo Trooper -----> RG, PI, GP
Kangermu -----> CM, RG, SaS

Eikeltje -----> PI, GM, SS
garren_windspear -----> PK, GP, ED

Grunthex ----->MM, GG, AW
Avacyn -----> SaS, CL, CW

nunezilla -----> ED, MM, BR
{G} Saltkin {U} -----> MS, CM, OD

Hakeem928 -----> CW, MM, PK
iiAyJayo -----> MM, BR, CM

slappywhite -----> MS, OD, AoW
thedevilwuster -----> SS, PI, SaS

d3ss -----> DP, AS, AoW
DarkenedCreeper -----> AS, OD, ED

Shidoshi -----> ED, CM, DP
!Flush -----> SS, PK, MS

multeyemeteor -----> ED, AoW, CW
Loukoumas -----> AS, BR, ED

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 4 (AE-AN):
Show

slappywhite -----> GG, DP, PI
Kangermu -----> SaS, OD, AS

!Flush -----> PK, AS, BR
Loukoumas -----> AoW, ED, GG

Cheetahhh! -----> ED, SaS, RG
Avacyn -----> BoF, AW, SS

DarkenedCreeper -----> SS, RG, CL
garren_windspear -----> GP, DP, CM

Ransom Seraph -----> PI, SaS, GG
Eikeltje -----> BoF, CW, PI

thedevilwuster -----> MM, MS, PI
multeyemeteor -----> MM, SaS, CM

d3ss -----> BR, AS, GP
Grunthex -----> SaS, CM, RG

{G} Saltkin {U} -----> CM, MS, PI
Shidoshi -----> MM, PK, GG

Kupo Trooper -----> DP, GG, CW
Hakeem928 -----> GG, MS, AW

nunezilla -----> DP, MM, CM
iiAyJayo -----> DP, GG, CL

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 5 (AO-AX):
Show

Ransom Seraph -----> ED, MS, GP
garren_windspear -----> GG, PI, RG

DarkenedCreeper -----> AS, GG, SaS
Avacyn -----> MM, PI, BR

Cheetahhh! -----> PK, AoW, GG
slappywhite -----> PI, BoF, DP

Loukoumas -----> PI, AW, CL
Grunthex -----> OD, RG, BoF

Eikeltje -----> AW, OD, CL
!Flush -----> AW, CM, GM

Kangermu -----> GP, SS, OD
multeyemeteor -----> AS, RG, GG

Kupo Trooper -----> GG, MS, SaS
{G} Saltkin {U} -----> AoW, MM, DP

Hakeem928 -----> CL, MS, SaS
Shidoshi -----> DP, AoW, GP

nunezilla -----> CW, CM, BoF
d3ss -----> AoW, DP, MM

iiAyJayo -----> ED, CW, OD
thedevilwuster -----> CW, AoW, PI

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 1 CHAMPION'S BRACKET (A-D):
Show

1. iiAyJayo  ----->RG, DP, BR
8. Loukoumas -----> CW, ED, SS

4. Kupo Trooper -----> SaS, PK, SS
5. Kangermu -----> GG, CW, DP

2. nunezilla -----> RG, OD, CL
7. d3ss -----> SaS, MM, BoF

3. Shidoshi -----> AS, AW, GM
4. Hakeem928 -----> AS, MS, GP

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 1 CHAMPION'S BRACKET (E&F):
Show

Loukoumas -----> MS, CM, ED
Kupo Trooper -----> SaS, CM, BR

d3ss -----> CW, GG, SaS
Hakeem928 -----> PI, BoF, MS

CLICK "SHOW" TO VIEW LIST OF DECKS AND PLAYERS FOR ROUND 1 CHAMPION'S BRONZE MATCH (H):
Show

Kupo Trooper -----> GM, BoF, MS
d3ss -----> GG, ED, SS

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Sign me up Champ!

Steam name: !Flush

Timezone: Eastern Daylight Saving/-400 GMT

Best Available Hours: 8am-8pm: All day every day.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Poo...I don't think I'm gonna be able to get in on this one....too much stuff going on with the university right now, what with finals and projects all coming up, plus the wife is about to pop out our 2nd kid sometime next month. Cursed real life, getting in the way of gaming.
Let's do it! What are the odds that my basement will burn down twice in a couple of weeks?

Steam name: multeyemeteor
Timezone: GMT+1/UTC+1 
Best Available Hours: Daytime, afternoonish, and if I have to play evenings, I'll have to move my rig. We'll figure something out!
That sucks Kanger!  Damn those Real Lives!

*puts down the gasoline and matches* Ya..ha..ha..what are the chances multeye...*cough* 

Steam name: d3sdinova / d3ss
Timezone: Eastern European Time (EET) -> +02:00 GMT/UTC
Best Available Hours:
Midweek 1900 - 2400 (EET) probably some weekend too

Steam Name: Hakeem928
Time Zone: Newfoundland (GMT -3:30)
Best available hours: After 9PM local time, but an arranged match could happen at any time I'm not working. Gotta clear it with the wife, you know! ;)
Let's do it! What are the odds that my basement will burn down twice in a couple of weeks?

People should never ask questions like this.  Sometimes the universe answers.

Sign me up.  Info: Same as ever!
Put me in.

That has to be enough time for my refund to arrive, buy the game and pay for the unlocks. I'll be right in it other than needing a little practice on the PC format.
Amazing what happens when you're broke (many bills came out of this check). Blew out a rear tire on my Grand Marquis on the way home from the store in 5 inches of snow a few hours ago.
Miracle I made it home as the tire isn't even on the rim anymore.
Heck, we're only expecting another 5 inches today.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

I'm in!

Steam Name: nunezilla

Time Zone: PST (GMT -7)
Best available hours: Weekdays after 7pm, or I can also usually squeeze a match in at 7am.  Weekends almost anytime.
That sucks Kanger!  Damn those Real Lives!

*puts down the gasoline and matches* Ya..ha..ha..what are the chances multeye...*cough* 

Well, 'tis the season of Chandra Nalaar! ;)
Steam name: Shidoshi / shidoshiwins
Timezone: Brazilian GMT-3 (Current local time in Brazil – São Paulo – Sao Paulo)
Best Available Hours: Midweek 1900 - 2400 (GMT-3) Weekends are better most of the time.
Sorry did not read the op fully. On my phone. 10 inches of snow took out my net.

Steam name : thedevilwuster
Time: us central time. Think it's -6gmt
Available between 7pm to 10 pm normally daily.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Actually I can be 6-11 depending on when I get home and how busy the next morning is for me.

Show

If you haven't done so already, please go to the "FUTURE TOURNAMENT IDEAS" thread and give me you thoughts about mirror matches (more detail in said thread).  Thank you!

So its been like what two days sinse the last tourney ended? !Flush do you need some kind of tournament-organizing intervention? Are we all terrible people for enabling this? Well I for one refuse to be a part of stealing this mans free time any longer!

*30 seconds later*

Name: Garren_Windspear
Timezone: GMT
Available: All days after 23.00, any time most Saturdays

Curse the Siren's Call of CCG Tournamanets!

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

My name is !Flush and I'm a tournamentaholic.  This is TA, right?  I swear, it was all I could do to even wait 2 days, lol.

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play, today; Look at me, I can be, the next champ!
(with apologies to John Fogerty).

Steam Name: Eikeltje
Timezone: EDT (UTC-4)
Available Hours: Week days - Nightly between 7pm and 10pm local time, Weekends, flexible between 8am and 5pm
I've decided on how many will enter the final single elim. bracket.  If 20 or less people join the tournament, there will be a top 4 player single elim. bracket after the Swiss Tournament to define a Champion.  If there are over 20 (21 or more) people in the tournament then I will do a top 8 single elim. bracket to define a winner.  I noted as much in the original post, but wanted to make an updated announcement here as well. 

Is there a demo?
If so, do you guys think it will get me familiar enough with the Steam/PC interface to be prepared to throw down.
I'm PS3 at the moment and I'm sure there are some differences in clicks and highlights I'm going to have to learn.

Show

It seems all fairly straightforward to me, one thing I would say is to get used to hitting the space bar to stop the clock, instead of using the mouse, which is what I tend to do. I can't tell you how many times that magically does not work. I pretty much use the mouse for everything, but that's because I'm an old fogy and I can't learn new tricks. 
I'm pretty sure there IS a demo.  I played DotP 2012 on PS3 and while there are differences, it isn't anything you can't pick up in an hour or so of playing around.  Instead of triangle and square doing stuff you click things with a mouse.  There's also a couple of keyboard shortcuts like Space Bar for Pause (all though I find it unreliable, so I just click the button on the left labeled "pause game").  Tab will skip your turn, or attack/block after declaring (or skip it all together if nothing is declared) etc.  Thats about it.

Yes there's a demo, but it's pretty simple. Click on things to cast, mouse wheel to zoom/unzoom. Space bar to pause. Tab to pass. Left control to select mana. And I think it's "y" to chat. Oh, and ~ for last card cast. 
Thanks guys.

Show

im in .

Steam name: Cheetahhh!

Best Available Hours: Let's say 4pm - 10pm
Check out my youtube channel for playthroughs, deck builds and online play with voice commentary! www.youtube.com/user/Fatality101
Thanks guys.

You can also plug in an xbox 360 controller and play with it just like you'd do on the Xbox (which should be fairly similar to PS3).
I hope there's still room!

Steam name: iiAyJayo
Timezone: US Central Standard
Best Available Hours: Every day between 10am and 3pm
Shidoshi, thanks for the heads up. I have a ps3 style usb controller.

Show

Steam name: Saltkin

Best Available Hours: Weekday, 6 - 10 PM / Weekend, All Day.
Steam name: Avacyn

Timezone: GMT+1

Best Available Hours: Weekday: 10 AM-3 PM; 9 PM-11 PM / Weekend: Depends
Screw it....I'm in. Not like the wife and kids can leave me or I can fail college. I can afford the half hour every couple of days.

Name: Kangermu
Timezone: GMT-6 (?...Central America....I'm current 2 hours behind EST)
Best Available Hours: Weekends, or any day besides Tuesday or Friday. If you can send me a message, I'll be there. 
Lol Kanger.  You couldn't resist!  I understand!

As updated in the original post, the tournament will begin Monday April 1st.

Sign me up son!

Steam name: Kupo Trooper
Available hours: all evenings, most of the day on weekends/for the next week (Easter holidays)

I got some scores to settle. *cue music*
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Needs more players!  I need victims!  Someone poke Sean in the nose and make him sign up. 
I'd like to play this!

steam ID: slappywhite 

I can play whenever 
I must ask, what is the normal allotted time to get your games in.
Asking because I'm in construction and Feb and March are normally tight before the season starts swinging and I have 0 disposable income to pick up the game and unlocks.
Waiting on a tax refund that "literally" should come any day but didn't again today. With that I can get up and running. I can on payday also but that's next Friday and I think that would be rude to stretch out a matchup over a week.

Let me know what the protocol is and I will post the second I have the game and if not I post asap to get me out and add someone else.

Keeping fingers crossed.
Wish you all were on PS3. So hard to roll out a successful tournament on it for some reason.

Show

Devil, I'm not Flush (Phew!), but given that it's a Swiss tournament, I can't imagine it'd be TOO horrible if you signed up and just didn't have it available for the first round or so -- it'd just mean you'd forfeit a round.  A bit annoying for your opponent, who would have to console himself with a match win.

I know in the past Flush's tourneys have been pretty time flexible, all being 1v1, but I'd hope it'd be a little firmer for a swiss (from the last Swiss tourney Sean ran, 2 rounds a week is usually doable, anyone who can't find a chance to play in 4 weekdays or 3 over a weekend, probably shouldn't sign up)
I would just try your best the first round and see what happens.  I figured I would give roughly 3-4 days for every match (basically 2 games a week).  My philosophy on matches is generally getting one done during the week (Mon-Fri) and one done during the weekend (Fri-Sun).  Yes, I know I list Friday twice, lol.  It isn't always exact (some people DO have emergencies like multeye's fire) but I start losing patience around day 3 of someone not trying for whatever reason.

I wouldn't drop out devil, although if you still want to just let me know before April 1st.  I say stick with it though.

I wish I could do this - unfortunately I think I have to sit it out until the next one - work is too much right now.  I'll hopefully have time to do Cheetah's tournament since it's later but I'm not especially optimistic about it either.  Too bad, these are really fun and anyone on the fence should try it.
I agree, I join every tournament I see that is 1v1.  I wish you had the time to play too dh50, but I understand how RL has to come 1st.

Sign In to post comments