Gruul Champion card seems pretty awesome

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
4RG

6/6

Vigilance, Reach

Attacks each turn if able

If a player casts non-creature spell they lose six life

Seems like excellent value at the six drop and very splashable!

Domri Rade all creature deck also gets something strong to tinker with.
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
Spoilers are allowed in forums besides Future Set Speculation?
Spoilers are allowed in forums besides Future Set Speculation?

I don't know. Considering it isn't speculation and it has to do with the next GP Beijing where it will be played it seems we should be able to discuss it with the limited community and not just future set folks.

bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
Running this card may seem fun but actually it is fun.
I'll be even happier if the current marking on mtgsalvation is accurate and he's a rare, not a mythic. I collect legendary permanents, and it's been annoying lately that every legend is also a mythic rare.
I read confirmation that these will be rare.  I love this card and even though I have no experience on competitive constructed play, I am guessing this will be playable there too.  It's true it doens't have an immediate effect, but removing it will more than likely cost your opponent six life plus a card, which I think is as good as.  Obviously designed to combo well with bloodrush too.

Re spoilers not in future set speculation, I don't know if they are allowed, but in any case I think you should mark your thread title with SPOILER, just incase someone wants to avoid seeing cards early (not likely in limited, I expect).

Cheers  
Proper forum etiquette is to say that spoilers will be in the thread. 
EDH and limited bomb. Not to say GILBIC, but instead to say "to heck with constructed, this is the sort of card that makes me want to giggle in those two formats".

Especially if the forcible clunkiness of the manabase means limited slows down.

With tons of gates and green getting gatecreeper, axebane, greenside, haven...

Yeah, I'd firstpick that.

Er, p3p1 that. Hmm. Problematic.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
Er, p3p1 that. Hmm. Problematic.

Draft order is DGM-GTC-RTR.
Sign In to post comments