Vow of Poverty Ruling question

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
So if i take vow of poverty as a druid at level 18......does this mean i get 18 levels of vow of poverty or do i just get the level 1 +4 AC ? 
I am just confused on the ruling is all. None of the books talka bout taking the vow at a later level. BUMP please
Not 100% sure but I think you gain all the benefits of a 18th-level ascetic character, with the exception of bonus exalted feats.

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

You should ask on the Previous Editions forum at the bottom of the list, as the Vow of Poverty does not exist in 4e.
You should ask on the Previous Editions forum at the bottom of the list, as the Vow of Poverty does not exist in 4e.

While the previous edition forums might be more knowledgable on the subject, the what's a DM to do board is edition neutral in their subject content, so this is just as good a place to post it really.
My bad.  I thought I was in 4e General for some reason.
Warghoul has it right:

"...if he gives up his possessions at 10th level, he gains all the benefits of a 10th-level ascetic character, with the exception of bonus exalted feats." (BoED 29)

At 18th level, you'd end up with:

AC bonus +10
Endure Elements
Exalted Strike +4
Sustenance
Deflection +3
Resistance +3
Ability Score Enhancement +6/+4/+2
Natural Armor +2
Mind Shielding
Damage Reduction 5/evil
Greater Sustenance
Energy Resistance 5 (against acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic)
Freedom of Movement
Regeneration
True Seeing

That would ALSO be the wrong forum, since your question is a D20 Rules Q&A.  Even if it was a 4E question, it wouldn't go in 4E General.
Confused about Stealth? Think "invisibility" means "take the mini off the board to make people guess?" You need to check out The Rules Of Hidden Club.
Damage types and resistances: A working house rule.

That would ALSO be the wrong forum, since your question is a D20 Rules Q&A.  Even if it was a 4E question, it wouldn't go in 4E General.

Yeah, but people post 3e questions in 4e about once a week.  Note also that I'm not the OP.

While the previous edition forums might be more knowledgable on the subject, the what's a DM to do board is edition neutral in their subject content, so this is just as good a place to post it really.

Except that it's a rules question, and so not appropriate for "what's a DM to do?"

DM advice transcends editions, true, but rules Q&A should go in Rules Q&A.
Confused about Stealth? Think "invisibility" means "take the mini off the board to make people guess?" You need to check out The Rules Of Hidden Club.
Haha. sorry I am new to forum not sure where to post yet. But thank you for all the advice and the quick reply's. I shall take it at level 18 to be invincible
Haha. sorry I am new to forum not sure where to post yet. But thank you for all the advice and the quick reply's. I shall take it at level 18 to be invincible

You really won't be.  In exchange for all of those free things, you give up the ability to have all of those things, and more, from magic items.  So, it can't be taken away from you, but it's not overpowered.