- Much of the world doesn't know what a foot is.
- Everything is listed in multiples of 5 feet. Divide those by five and call them what we call them in the game SPACES!
- Having to multiply, divide and other arithmetic is not playing. It's homework.
- YOU ALREADY FIXED THIS IN 4E. You finally realized that the game doesn't operate in feet. We use SPACES. Why are you regressing? To appease the old farts who can't accept improvements?
- The game doesn't use seconds, minutes or hours. We play in rounds, turns, encounters and days. Once again, 4E admitted this and built the game around HOW PEOPLE ACTUALLY PLAY.
Hurr, hurr, derp and herp! My granddad played D&D with a slide rule and an abacus. It was good enough for him. We should continue to make the game hard to play, have the rules get in the way! Bob, grapple that guy so I can drive to the grocery store and get more Ensure and chips.
Stop regressing! 5E should be an improvement, not a step back to the old and busted crap YOU'VE ALREADY FIXED! There are tons of Old School Renassance D&D products out there for people who want the misery of tHAC0 and imbalanced classes and poorly thought out multiclassing.