Help me build a Goblin deck that...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
...isnt just my old Extended deck.

I have been considering getting into Modern, and I would like to tweak my old Extended Goblin deck to use in the format. I have done a Gatherer search for all the Goblins in Modern, but going through the list I dont seem to be finding very much that I wasnt using in Extended last year.

In terms of new cards we have Legion Loyalist which I like, but in terms of pre-Goblin Guide cards, what would you recommend?

I remember Siege-Gang Commander being good when I started playing, as well as Boggart Ram-Gang, Mogg Fanatic (pre-M10). Ive also heard of Vexing Shusher, Mudbutton Torchrunner and Boartusk Liege. But are any of these good enough for a Modern deck? What older Goblin cards am I underestimating?

Or is "Modern Goblins" just last year's Extended Goblins?

Thoughts?

Cheers

~ Tim     
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
well what did your deck look like before and what are you looking to change?
i'm not an expert in the format but coincidentally I first started playing when 8th edition came out so there's that... 
well what did your deck look like before and what are you looking to change?
i'm not an expert in the format but coincidentally I first started playing when 8th edition came out so there's that... 

This is what the last version of my Goblin deck looked like:

(Since then I have sold the Scalding Tarns, so they should be replaced by 2 more mountains) 

I was hoping that by increasing the cardpool so dramatically there would be some awesome Goblin cards that would push the powerlevel of the deck right up. Are there?

~ Tim
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
Mogg War Marshal is deceptively awesome.

Tin Street Hooligan is good if you're splashing.

Murderous Redcap is if you're not.

Other than that... Tattermunge Maniac? Goblin Wardriver? Goblin Ruinblaster? I dunno, Goblins as an archetype feels pretty amputated without the Onslaught block, honestly. No Goblin Warchief and Goblin Piledriver is meh.
Sign In to post comments