[Contest] Jarad's Orders

117 posts / 0 new
Last post
To the Golgari guild members:

This is Jarad. Your leader. I regret to inform you that the Cycle has been disturbed by outside forces. I have looked into the disturbance, but have not come up with answers as my attention has been needed elsewhere. I therefore turn this task over to you, that you may prove yourself to me, perhaps even securing yourself a position by my side. Yes, you have here an opportunity to become an overseer of the great Cycle of life and death, should you choose to participate in this endeavor.

As you know, I dislike grading your progress, but I will allow those who please me to keep their miserable lives, and those that don't shall become wurm food. However, as you know, death is simply part of the great Cycle, so you may continue in your mission even if you fail me. Let it not be said I am not a forgiving leader.

If you choose to fight for your guild, then ready your mounts, don your finest armor, and meet me at the Overgrown Tomb within 48 hours. I know many of your faces, but not your skills, so your first order is simply to meet me and introduce yourself. Death shall not claim any of you this round.

I will be waiting.

Criteria

You are a Golgari guild member. Jarad has summoned you for introductions. Design your card.
Note: you automatically pass this round.
Moss Beetle   :bgm:
Creature- Insect 
Whenever Moss Beetle enters the battlefield or dies,
put the top card of your library into the graveyard. 
The smallest workers in Jarad's factory of death and decay.
1/1
Fun Fact: Jarad has disowned Svogthos (the place) as a Golgari institution; it's tied to closely to the leadership of Svogthos (the person) and he's trying to distance himself from it.

Deathless Troll

Creature-Troll
Mythic
Deathless Troll can't block.
You may cast Deathless Troll from your graveyard.
When Deathless Troll enters the battlefield, lose 4 life. 
4/1      
Golgari deathchanger
creature-shapeshifter

, exile target creature in your graveyard: ~ gains all activate abilities of that creature, and ~ gains a +1/+1 counter.

~ retains +1/+1 counters in the graveyard.

scavenge:

1/2
Muckmulcher -- :BM::GM:
Creature - Zombie Shaman (R)

:BM::BM:, :T:: Destroy target creature. That creature's controller gains 5 life.
:GM::GM:, :T:, Sacrifice a creature: Search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

2 / 2
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Fun Fact: Jarad has disowned Svogthos (the place) as a Golgari institution; it's tied to closely to the leadership of Svogthos (the person) and he's trying to distance himself from it.

Hmm. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the heads up. I planned on reading up on Golgari politics for this contest, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll edit the OP for now but I'll probably steer us back to Svogthos eventually.

Hmm. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the heads up. I planned on reading up on Golgari politics for this contest, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll edit the OP for now but I'll probably steer us back to Svogthos eventually.

We could've been meeting at Svogthos to raze it... 8^p
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Soon enough...
Zastak, Baelnorn Ritualist
Creature - Elf Zombie Wizard
Zastak, Baelnorn Ritualist is indestructible.
Whenever Zastak, Baelnon Ritualist enters the battlefield or attacks, you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield, then sacrifice that creature.
5/5
Corpse Miller -
Creature - Elf Zombie
Abilities of cards in graveyards cost less to activate
()(), : Put up to three cards from your graveyard to the bottom of your library in any order and put that many cards from the top of your library into your graveyard.
1/3
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Ant Collective  Creature Insect farmer
*Ant Collective has toughness equal to your land count.
Get a basic land from your deck and put it into play tapped.
and sacrifice a land: destroy target land.
          ~"we did not know what they wanted
            but we knew that we would be told"

1/*
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

King Herod: Jesus Christ Superstar

Gru'mek, Necroshaman
Legendary Creature - Zombie Elf
: destroy target tapped permanent.
"Your potential awaits."
3/3

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Well, gee. Golgari. Just so happens that playing a Golgari EDH deck is my favorite . So let's see...

Impnotl, Scourge of the Damned
Creature - Zombie Demon (R)
Whenever a creature dies, you may put the top card of your library into your graveyard.
Impnotl's power and toughness are equal to the number of creature cards in your graveyard.
, : Creatures in your graveyard have dredge 1 until end of turn.
*/*
"Though I resurrect those tools I need, all are better suited to death." ~Impnotl, Scourge of the Damned

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

Esterdi, the Salvager
Planeswalker - Esterdi

Whenever a creature you control would leave the battlefield, except by being sacrificed, you may sacrifice a creature to return it to its owner's hand.
+2: Discard a creature card. If you do, you gain life equal to the sum of its power and toughness.
-3: Return target creature card from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control. It's a zombie in addition to its other types and has no abilities.
-9: Return all creatures in all graveyards to the battlefield under your control. 

SL: 4
Marko, Nature Quell

Legendary Creature - Zombie Shaman

Deathtouch, hexproof
You may sacrifice a creature instead of paying ; and one coloured mana; or two coloured mana in any cost. (The coloured mana may be of the same or different colours.)

4/4
Day of the Dead  ()()
Enchantment
Creatures you control with +1/+1 counters on them get +2/+2.

Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.
This should be fun!

Rewards from Beyond

Enchantment (M)

You may activate the Scavenge ability from exile. After you activate a Scavenge ability from exile, shuffle that card into your library.

"Even beyond the grave can we reap the many rewards of our fallen undead comrades."
- Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord

Cheers!

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

24 hours left! I'll probably make some rounds shorter from now on, because 48 hours seems like a long time.
Golgari Recycler -
Creature - Elf Shaman
, Sacrifice a creature: Add mana equal to that creature's mana cost to your mana pool.
1/1
Golgari Germinator

Creature -- Human shaman

Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, put a 1/1 green saproling creature token onto the battlefield.

0/1 
Reaper of Rot |
Creature - Zombie Horror

Deathtouch
~'s power and toughness are equal to the number of creature cards in your graveyard.
Scavenge

*/*
24 hours left! I'll probably make some rounds shorter from now on, because 48 hours seems like a long time.

Quick question, Ul...er, I mean, Jarad. No one will be eliminated this round, but will you still grade our submissions?

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

Quick question, Ul...er, I mean, Jarad. No one will be eliminated this round, but will you still grade our submissions?

Not this round. I would like to say that this contest will be heavily influenced by flavor, so you should bear that in mind. Your characters card, and whether s/he lives or dies will influence your part in the story, but without having set any criteria, I don't think it's necessary to grade. Also, for future rounds, I don't give out number grades. I'll critique each entry (to the best of my ability) and then decide your fate.
Oh. Okay. I was hoping for a little feedback on my design, that's all, and I don't think I'm the only one (am I, guise?). But okay, I shall wait for round 2 (or is it round 1 officially?). *Thumb twiddling*

Oh. Okay. I was hoping for a little feedback on my design, that's all, and I don't think I'm the only one (am I, guise?). But okay, I shall wait for round 2 (or is it round 1 officially?). *Thumb twiddling*

"Lisa: [panting] Grade me...look at me...evaluate and rank me! Oh, I'm
good, good, good, and oh so smart! Grade me!
[Marge scribbles an A on a piece of paper]
[Lisa walks off, muttering crazily and sighing]"
-The Simpsons, The PTA Disbands

Cencat, Reclaimer 
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
When Cencat, Reclaimer enters the battlefield, choose X cards in your graveyard, where X is the number of cards in your hand minus one. Discard your hand, then return the chosen cards to your hand.
"The dead and gone held powers beyond our comprehension. They shall be forgotten no longer. They shall rejoin the Swarm."
2/3
Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"

Korozda Death Matron
Creature - Spider
Deathtouch
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player exiles a creature card from his or her graveyard.
Whenever a creature card is exiled from a graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Korozda Death Matron.
When Korozda Death Matron dies, put X 1/2 green and black spiderling creature tokens with deathtouch into play, where X is equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on it.
2/4
You make your way to the Overgrown Tomb, wondering what Jarad could possibly need you for. You hesitate for an instance as your leader comes into view, but quickly decide that you made the right choice in coming. You walk over to him and introduce yourself.

SuperSpawnWrithe

Moss Beetle   :bgm:
Creature- Insect 
Whenever Moss Beetle enters the battlefield or dies,
put the top card of your library into the graveyard. 
The smallest workers in Jarad's factory of death and decay.
1/1

Hello, my little friend. There are big things in store for you, despite your diminutive stature. Welcome.

HairlessThoctar

Deathless Troll

Creature-Troll
Mythic
Deathless Troll can't block.
You may cast Deathless Troll from your graveyard.
When Deathless Troll enters the battlefield, lose 4 life. 
4/1      

Jarad looks up at you. Good. You are here. You shall bring death upon our enemies.

froofroo

Golgari deathchanger
creature-shapeshifter

, exile target creature in your graveyard: ~ gains all activate abilities of that creature, and ~ gains a +1/+1 counter.

~ retains +1/+1 counters in the graveyard.

scavenge:

1/2

Hmm. Very interesting...

altimis

Muckmulcher -- :BM::GM:
Creature - Zombie Shaman (R)

:BM::BM:, :T:: Destroy target creature. That creature's controller gains 5 life.
:GM::GM:, :T:, Sacrifice a creature: Search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

2 / 2

Oh? A muckmulcher showed up? Excellent. You have your work cut out for you, but I'm glad your here.

Kuro_Ageha

Knight of Megrim
Creature - Human Knight

:bgm:: Target opponent chooses deathtouch, trample, or first strike. ~ gains that ability until end of turn. Opponents cannot make the same choice more than once each turn.

3/2

Keep your weapon sharp, knight. For it can mean the difference between glory and defeat.

SimonGlume

Zastak, Baelnorn Ritualist
Creature - Elf Zombie Wizard
Zastak, Baelnorn Ritualist is indestructible.
Whenever Zastak, Baelnon Ritualist enters the battlefield or attacks, you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield, then sacrifice that creature.
5/5

I welcome your strength, Zastak. I expect great things from you.

ConfusedAsUsual

Corpse Miller -
Creature - Elf Zombie
Abilities of cards in graveyards cost less to activate
()(), : Put up to three cards from your graveyard to the bottom of your library in any order and put that many cards from the top of your library into your graveyard.
1/3

One of the corpse miller's made it? Your kind have served me well in the past. I welcome your presence.

Matt_Holck

Ant Collective  Creature Insect farmer
*Ant Collective has toughness equal to your land count.
Get a basic land from your deck and put it into play tapped.
and sacrifice a land: destroy target land.
          ~"we did not know what they wanted
            but we knew that we would be told"

1/*

Very good. I will rely on your expertise through these times.

Dudibus

Gru'mek, Necroshaman
Legendary Creature - Zombie Elf
: destroy target tapped permanent.
"Your potential awaits."
3/3

Gru'mek? Have you already finished your other task? Just in time, I say. Welcome.

IceMetalPunk

Impnotl, Scourge of the Damned
Creature - Zombie Demon (R)
Whenever a creature dies, you may put the top card of your library into your graveyard.
Impnotl's power and toughness are equal to the number of creature cards in your graveyard.
, : Creatures in your graveyard have dredge 1 until end of turn.
*/*
"Though I resurrect those tools I need, all are better suited to death." ~Impnotl, Scourge of the Damned

I know not how you come to be here, Demon, but I welcome your strength. I do hope you keep your blood lust in check. No unauthorized killing for you.

Cyranium

Grove of the Merrow :2M::BM::GM:
Enchantment
Whenever a creature you control dies, put a Decay counter on Grove of the Merrow.
Remove 5 Decay counters from Grove of the Merrow: Target creature gains 3 -1/-1 counters or target creature gains 3 +1/+1 counters.

Jarad looks...down(?) at you. His brow furrows. I welcome you, enchantment. Fall in line, please.

Esterdi

Esterdi, the Salvager
Planeswalker - Esterdi

Whenever a creature you control would leave the battlefield, except by being sacrificed, you may sacrifice a creature to return it to its owner's hand.
+2: Discard a creature card. If you do, you gain life equal to the sum of its power and toughness.
-3: Return target creature card from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control. It's a zombie in addition to its other types and has no abilities.
-9: Return all creatures in all graveyards to the battlefield under your control. 

SL: 4

Ah, Esterdi. I have a special task for you. In time.

vlord

Marko, Nature Quell

Legendary Creature - Zombie Shaman

Deathtouch, hexproof
You may sacrifice a creature instead of paying ; and one coloured mana; or two coloured mana in any cost. (The coloured mana may be of the same or different colours.)

4/4

Marko. I am glad you made it. We may yet succeed in our plans, my friend.

BiggBaddBill

Day of the Dead  ()()
Enchantment
Creatures you control with +1/+1 counters on them get +2/+2.

Once again Jarad's brow furrows. He watches curiously as you approach. Uhhh...Welcome, my friend.

-TheFlameReaper-

Rewards from Beyond Enchantment (M) You may activate the Scavenge ability from exile. After you activate a Scavenge ability from exile, shuffle that card into your library. "Even beyond the grave can we reap the many rewards of our fallen undead comrades." - Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord Cheers!

Yes. Hello, how are you. You are certainly a useful...enchantment. Please join the others.

Flopfoot

Golgari Recycler -
Creature - Elf Shaman
, Sacrifice a creature: Add mana equal to that creature's mana cost to your mana pool.
1/1

Welcome, recycler. Your skills will come in very handy soon. Be prepared.

an_endless_epidemic

Golgari Germinator

Creature -- Human shaman

Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, put a 1/1 green saproling creature token onto the battlefield.

0/1 

Jarad nods at you. You nod back. Some of the others notice and wonder about it. You take your place.

Tekkahedron

Reaper of Rot |
Creature - Zombie Horror

Deathtouch
~'s power and toughness are equal to the number of creature cards in your graveyard.
Scavenge

*/*

You remind me of myself many years ago, reaper. Stay strong and you may one day end up like me.

3-7-15-1-292

Cencat, Reclaimer 
When Cencat, Reclaimer enters the battlefield, choose X cards in your graveyard, where X is the number of cards in your hand minus one. Discard your hand, then return the chosen cards to your hand.
"The dead and gone held powers beyond our comprehension. They shall be forgotten no longer. They shall rejoin the Swarm."
2/3

Cencat. You are more then welcome, my friend. Use all your experience in this mission, and we shall prevail.

idrinkyourmilkshake

Korozda Death Matron
Creature - Spider
Deathtouch
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player exiles a creature card from his or her graveyard.
Whenever a creature card is exiled from a graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Korozda Death Matron.
When Korozda Death Matron dies, put X 1/2 green and black spiderling creature tokens with deathtouch into play, where X is equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on it.
2/4

Jarad watches intently as a huge spider passes him.

Koridian

Alarron, the Broken
, : Return target permanent card in your graveyard to your hand.
"This plane's future is buried here in the Undercity -- in Ravnica's decaying past."
2/3
As Jarad is leaving, he sees a hunched, limping figure beyond the undergrowth. His temper begins to boil, but then the figure steps into the light.
Ah. Alarron. Welcome. Come join us in our endeavors and perhaps you will find what you are looking for.

After the introductions, the participants form a neat line and wait for Jarad to address them.

There are twenty of you. More than I expected. I feel confident in our success, so I have decided to split you into two groups. When I call your name, step foward:

Group One

HairlessThoctar
Kuro_Ageha
SimonGlume
Dudibus
IceMetalPunk
Esterdi
vlord
an_endless_epidemic
Tekkahedron
3-7-15-1-292

If your name was called, you will be in group one. Prepare for your assignment.

Jarad nods towards the forest. You wonder what's out there.
You begin to hear footsteps from deep within the forest. Suddenly, ten large, angry trolls break through the undergrowth. They each carry a large crate strapped to their backs. They stop in front of each member of group one, drop their crate, make some indiscriminate noise directed at the Deathless Troll in line, then disappear from whence they came.

Within each crate are the materials you need to create your armor or weapon. You have 24 hours. Begin.

Jarad then turns toward the remaining participants:

Group Two

SuperSpawnWrithe
froofroo
altimis
ConfusedAsUsual
Matt_Holck
Cyranium
BiggBaddBill
-TheFlameReaper-
Flopfoot
idrinkyourmilkshake
Koridian

My spies inform me that another guild has become very active as of late. The infiltrators and the spies. As such, we must be very cautious. Each of you will craft a spell to insure we have not been infiltrated. This is a tough assignment to begin with, but I have chosen each of you carefully. Begin.

Having finished giving out his orders, Jarad disappears into the forest on business of his own.

Criteria for Group One

Design a weapon or armor. Must be an aura using Golgari colors. This round will last 24 hours.

Criteria for Group Two

Design a nonland, noncreature spell that either protects against infiltration, or reveals a creatures true nature. You can interpret this however you like. Must use Golgari colors, but you can use one more color if you like. This round lasts 24 hours.

Note: Once again, this round will last 24 hours. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Does it have to be Ravnica based mechanics or can it be from otehr blocks within Golgari colors?
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Your choice. As long as it's to cast, I'm good.
Just for Golgari creatures in general. You won't actually use them in your upcoming trials, but some lowly grunt will almost certainly appreciate your expert craftsmanship.
A weapon or armor in Aura form? Can do!

Corpseskin Gauntlet
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Sacrifice a creature: Enchanted creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the sacrificed creature's toughness.
This is an authorized killing, right, Jarad?

Group 1.

A weapon or armor that's an aura huh....

Shield of Souls
Encantmnet - Aura
Exile a creature card in your graveyard: prevent the next damage that would be dealt to enchanted creature.
Devotion to the Golgari transcends your limited perceptions.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
didn't notice those over the weekend
too late to join?

if not, which group's assignment?
@Koridian: You can still join, but you have to make your character before I can assign you to a group.
@Koridian: You can still join, but you have to make your character before I can assign you to a group.

thanks
running with my Ravnican legend: Alarron

Alarron, Undercity Refugee
, : Return target permanent card in your graveyard to your hand.
"This plane's future is buried here in the Undercity -- in Ravnica's decaying past."
2/3

quicky backstory = his rise to power in the Simic after betraying the Dimir fueld his madness -- his expirments in cross-planar magics got out of hand -- he tried to force a spark; it didn't work; his blue mana manipulation was stripped from him (along with most of his sanity) -- he's now poor, homeless, alone, and searching the Undercity for... something... no one knows what (perhaps not even Alarron himself)
Jarad, sir, may I design a card to oppose milling? Is that legal for my criteria?

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

@-TheFlameReaper-: That is absolutely acceptable.

@Koridian: I have placed you in group 2. I edited you into the introduction post above. Welcome aboard!

Note: if anybody absolutely cannot think of anything for their criteria, let me know.
Group 2

Unwilling Ritual  ()
Instant

Until end of turn, If a permanent would have counters placed on it, that permanent's controller sacrifices it instead.
And the experiment was going so well, back to the drawing board.
Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.
Group 2 = non-creature/non-land to prevent infiltration/reveal true nature

Soulsnare Hex
Enchantment
Whenever a creature token enters the battlefield, destroy it.
"The Undercity accepts only truths.  There is no place for a facsimile of life."

brief design thoughts [spoiler]green is the Naturalize  color -- it likes a return to nature and natural order; while green is pro-token when paired with white, i don't think it's such a stretch to see it being against unnatural creatures (tokens), especially when paired with black
Sign In to post comments