Shrieking Affliction deck

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey all! The other day I wanted to make a traditional mono-black discard deck, then I noticed a playset of Shrieking Affliction on my brother's set of cards, and have wanted to make a deck around it.
What do you think of my decklist ?
MAYBE Gnat Miser or Locust Miser to keep your opponent's hand size low enough that keeping it empty via once-a-turn discard is doable?

Raven's Crime so you can force discards again and again?

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
Personally I would add in 4xPack Rat4xDrainpipe Vermin as a secondary wincon instead of 4xSlum Reaper4xBlack Cat. I have found at times in discard themed decks that you get left with extra cards in hand and Pack Rat has a good way at dealing with that and stealing some games.

The other option is to add in 4xMutilate for 4xSlum Reaper so you can reset the board.

I hope this helps GL!
Needs some rack to act as Affliction #5-8. This could also use some Stupor, Hymn to Tourach and/or some type of specter. Specters are great creatures for discard decks and provide a way to continually discard cards. Speaking of continuous discard, the already mentioned Raven's Crime is nice.  I've alway's been partial to Cry of Contrition. I don't really like Slum Reaper compared to Fleshbag Marauder, but regardlessof that, Multilate/Damnation/Barter in Blood would be better board sweepers than Slum Reaper here.

Hope this helps.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

I was going to say, "what?! no Hymn to Tourach?!"
Then there is Liliana's Specter and Hypnotic Specter. I also like Drainpipe Vermin
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I also like Drainpipe Vermin

Everyone keeps mentioning this card when it comes to discard decks... (Not just on this thread/forum, it's happening at my local card shop too...) I don't get it, why waste your time running the Vermin when you can run Ravenous Rats instead? I understand that vermin is a 1 drop, but there's plenty of discard spells for cmc 1 too. Ravenous also doesn't have to die for it's effect to activate, it gets the effect you want (discard) right away. Now I understand that with Vermin you can pick yourself to discard, but if you're going to use a creature as a discard outlet, then Vermin is not the best choice there ether. Putrid Imp and/or Oona's Prowler are just two that I can think of off the top of my head that a great for self discard engines. Vermin just seems lame to me... You have have mana available when it dies too, so if you used all your mana during your turn on spells that help you win then your screwed when it faces chump blocking or a board sweeper. 

@OP:  Sorry for the rant, but the fact people keep suggesting this card bugs me...

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

Having your opponent discard down to 1 or 0 is only 1/2 the battle - you need them to stay like that. That is why you need cards which enable repeated discard - Rotting Rats, Scepter Of Fugue and the aforementioned Raven's Crime come to mind. Guul Draz Specter both enables repeated discard and acts as an alternate win condition. Here are the alterations I suggest:

- 4 Ravenous Rats
+ 4 Rotting Rats

- 4 UnBurden
+ 4 Scepter Of Fugue

- 4 Slum Reaper
+ 4 Guul Draz Specter

SkullCage is an interesting card in Discard decks - thoughts? 

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

Sorry for the rant, but the fact people keep suggesting this card bugs me...

I totally understand where you are coming from, some cards aren't for everyone. The reason I like him is he can make my opponent weary to block him if I attack (its happened) or makes blocking with the little guy just a little more satisfying They are the same CMC, it all just comes down to preference I guess
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Sign In to post comments