Midnight Robbery

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Midnight Robbery -- :UM::BM:
Sorcery (R)

Each player puts the top ten cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Players play a MAGIC subgame using their graveyards as their decks. Each player who doesn't win the subgame, gives control of two permanents they control to another player.

==xx==

I think this could be fun... It might need to be :UM::BM: though. What do you guys think?
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Of course, you'll always win the mini-game because you started "the regular game" with Leyline Of The Void! ^^;; I don't believe that you'll receive enough rewards for winning the mini-game, maybe it's just one saproling creature token plus one land which produces the wrong colors of mana.. I'm afraid most of these mini-games will end rather quickly when one of the players would attempt to draw from an empty library, and what exactly happens when you're supposed to draw your starting hand even though your library doesn't exist?
Of course, you'll always win the mini-game because you started "the regular game" with Leyline Of The Void! ^^;; I don't believe that you'll receive enough rewards for winning the mini-game, maybe it's just one saproling creature token plus one land which produces the wrong colors of mana.. I'm afraid most of these mini-games will end rather quickly when one of the players would attempt to draw from an empty library, and what exactly happens when you're supposed to draw your starting hand even though your library doesn't exist?

Beats me... I still like it though 8^p
So far I'm going with, you lose.
Maybe it should be "of that players choice."

Each player who doesn't win the subgame gives control of two permanents they control to another player of that player's choice.

My only reason for making that sentence convoluted is that The way I'm doing it, there isn't always going to be a winner (as you mentioned Leyline of the Void and company). So technically, you are not guaranteed to get anything if you win (unless you're in 1v1), but you don't lose anything. That's what I like about it... plus it mills.

If one concedes a subgame, is that a concession for just that subgame or does that go for the overall game?
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Inceptomancer -- :UM::RM:
Creature - Human Wizard (R)

At the beginning of each upkeep, if you control Inceptomancer in a subgame, if you also control Inceptomancer in the main-game, you win the game.
:UM::RM:, :T:: Switch which game you are playing. (All players continue to use their libraries for the game. The new game is treated as the subgame, and the previous game is treated like the main-game.)

Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
In multiplayer, the losers will all just conspire to give to each other, so the winner usually gets nothing and the losers all lose nothing. Or, if one player has a better board position, everyone will give to weaker players. So really instead of shaking the game up, the subgame's consequences either do nothing, or prolong the game. Just let the winner choose 1-2 permanents from each other player, and if no one wins, no one wins. If you're worried about the length of the game, increase the cost by and mill 20.

Also, Shahrazad ruling: "At the start of the sub-game both players draw their initial hand (usually 7 cards). If one player has fewer cards than required, that player loses. If both have fewer than required, both players lose."

Beats me... I still like it though 8^p
So far I'm going with, you lose.
Maybe it should be "of that players choice."

Each player who doesn't win the subgame gives control of two permanents they control to another player of that player's choice.

My only reason for making that sentence convoluted is that The way I'm doing it, there isn't always going to be a winner (as you mentioned Leyline of the Void and company). So technically, you are not guaranteed to get anything if you win (unless you're in 1v1), but you don't lose anything. That's what I like about it... plus it mills.

If one concedes a subgame, is that a concession for just that subgame or does that go for the overall game?

Word  it as "each player Exiles the top ten cards of his or her library
this card goes to graveyard annd therefore the sibgame library
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

Sesame Street - Somebody Come And play

this card goes to graveyard annd therefore the sibgame library

no it doesn't 

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

Switch which game you are playing.

Yes!

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

Switch which game you are playing.

Yes!

I know right?
I have to steal some good ideas if we're going to be archnemeses...
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Sign In to post comments