Questions about new trade limit

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
In the beta I can already grab more than 75 cards when in a trade.  The trade just says 83/75 for instance.  Is this a bug or intentional?  Are you all raising the trade limit on just the beta or the live client too?  That question may sound stupid but right now you can take 75+ on the beta and not on the live client so I just wanted to make sure.
PureMTGO.com
Cape Fear Games located in Wilmington, NC. Get 20% extra MTGO credit for your paper cards.
I guess the live client stopped being supported so it would make sence that the change gets in the beta only or it could be another bug
May we kindly request that the notification be removed in BETA which says "You have reached the maximum trade limit of 75 items" (or words to this effect).  I noticed yesterday that this notification still appears, even though the trade limit has increased. 
In the beta I can already grab more than 75 cards when in a trade.  The trade just says 83/75 for instance.  Is this a bug or intentional?  Are you all raising the trade limit on just the beta or the live client too?  That question may sound stupid but right now you can take 75+ on the beta and not on the live client so I just wanted to make sure.

Wasn't this supposed to be rolled out next Wednesday? And I understood (perhaps eroneously) that the 400 card limit was supposed to be for both clients.

==edit==

www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.a...
this seems to indicate that this is a beta increase scheduled for the 27th. So perhaps the increase now is a bug?

Winter.Wolf

Wasn't this supposed to be rolled out next Wednesday? And I understood (perhaps eroneously) that the 400 card limit was supposed to be for both clients.

==edit==

www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.a...
this seems to indicate that this is a beta increase scheduled for the 27th. So perhaps the increase now is a bug?

Can anyone verify that you can actually complete a trade of 75+ on the beta?
PureMTGO.com
Cape Fear Games located in Wilmington, NC. Get 20% extra MTGO credit for your paper cards.
No. I actually forgot about the new limit, and I closed the trade at 75 yesterday on BETA.  It was only by reading this thread that I remembered that the limit increased (or will increase soon).
No. I actually forgot about the new limit, and I closed the trade at 75 yesterday on BETA.  It was only by reading this thread that I remembered that the limit increased (or will increase soon).

We just tested it. And the beta client doesn't allow you to submit the trade if it is over 75 objects. So it is merely for show at the moment.

Winter.Wolf

Sorry for the lack of response (I was out of the office). As far as I'm aware the client may have allowed a number greater than 75 while trades were being set up, but those trades were not able to be completed until yesterday's update.

This might also be a good place to mention that the Wide Beta client is currently still showing a X / 75 counter during trades instead of a X / 400 counter. This is only a display bug (and will be fixed with the next client update) and doesn't actually affect the limit of items you can trade. There's a blog announcement here which also explains.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline