Dance For Me, Monkeys: A Contest of Razorborne Proportions: Auras Edition

139 posts / 0 new
Last post
WELCOME BACK! it's been a while because I was running YPTC and doing real life stuff, but I'm planning on starting another long-term contest soon and I wanted to do another one of these first! so I did! and it's this! congratulations!

before I begin rambling, I want to say the following: please read the entire criteria before submitting. you can skip the pre-criteria ramble if you like, I will clearly mark out the criteria when I get there, but I do not want to have to disqualify people for not meeting the criteria so how about we help each other out and then we can all be happy!

some of you may be wondering "what is DFMM? how does it get me razorpoints?" first of all SLOW DOWN I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT RAZORPOINTS YET. second, DFMM is my ongoing one-shot contest series, open to all entrants! except Ty! okay even Ty! (not Ty) it's a pretty simple proposition: I give you a criteria. you guys post cards that meet that criteria. then I critique them and rank them and give the winners points!

but what are razorpoints? razorpoints are a tracking device for people who've impressed me in contests. whenever I run a limited-entry contest, I hold a few slots for razorpoints winners. think of them as invitationals. so far that's the only thing I'm doing with them but WHO KNOWS SOMETHING ELSE MIGHT HAPPEN. and how do you get them? why, you win contests I host of course! DFMMs are the best place to do that, as they're one round and they give out the most points anyway. how many? that depends on how many people enter! we'll get into details on that later!

but who has these so-called "razorpoints"? do they even exist? YES! that's a dumb question. of course they exist. why would I make them up? but the other question was good. who has these points? currently 12 individuals hold razorpoinsts. and they are:

razorpoints hall of fame

1. Steinhauser, 13 points, Yawning MonarchYPTC Champion.

2. Silasw, 6 points, Captain's Warhorse.

3. Fallingman, 5 points, Lightvessel.

4. MagicPablo, 4 points, Snow-Blind Maniac.

5. Lobster667, 4 points, Ancient Duty.

6. Tekkahedron, 3 points, Aetherplax Goliath.

7. Cisnero, 3 points, Plea Bargain.

8. theatog, 3 points, YPTC runner-up.

9. Kavu_Overlord, 2 points, Twinbound Guardian.

10. vlord, 2 points, Eventide Monk.

11. Pietro_Aronica, 1 point, Ogre Tactician.

12. Turnip_song, 1 point, Trainee Aviator.

[/sblock]

don't see your name there? I GUESS YOU SUCK. nah, you can totally still earn some here! and then you can brag to all your friends about how you have more points then them! unless you're friends with Steinhauser, honestly it's unlikely the points anyone earns from this contest will dethrone him. but I mean there's generally multiple razorpoints slots on any given contest and you can save up and become number one later!

so how does one win this? the process is simple. first, you submit. then, after the round closes, I will take all the submissions, critique them, and post those critiques. note that I've become somewhat disillusioned with number grades so it'll just be critique-and-rank because rubriks are for squares. then I'll count up all the submissions to see how many we have, and rank the top X, where X is the square root of the number of contestants. I won't rank the whole thing because I don't like pointing fingers and saying "this. this is the worst possible submission." so I'll draw the cutoff at the line where people stop getting points. then first place gets X points, second gets one less, and so on! couldn't be simpler! also you really don't need to know this, it's really just behind-the-scenes stuff, but the longer this post is the more prestigious this contest seems.

SPEAKING OF THE CRITERIA wait no we weren't but now we are. anyway, last time Rush made fun of me for having a really long, complex criteria, so this time I want to go with something simpler. it also turns out that I recently had a discussion on the topic in the YMtC4 thread, but I'd decided on this criteria beforehand. we're talking Auras. everyone knows auras suck. one of the first lessons you learn in Magic strategy is that auras are card disadvantage and that that's bad for some reason. you learn the reasons later on. many attempts have been made to fix this, dating back to at least frog tongue. since then, we've had replayable auras, auras with playcycling, auras with spell abilities, totem armor, and just plain undercosted, super powerful auras. we've also had things like hexproof and aura gnarlid that make especially good aura targets, but we're not talking about those today.

Criteria
find a way to mitigate auras' inherent card disadvantage. show me this mechanic, on an aura. that's it. nice and simple, so Rush will leave me alone. if you think you need to explain, feel free. if your mechanic stands on its own, great. cool? cool.

you have 72 hours. go.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

LICID TIME
That Big Card Project idea we had that was Living Weapon before Living Weapon existed.

Knightly Honor
Enchantement - Aura
Enchant Creature
Manifest (You may cast this card for its manifest cost. If you, put a 1/1 spirit token onto the battlefield, this card enters the battlefield attached to that.)
Enchanted Creature gains +1/+1 and First Strike.

I'll update the wording once I actually go ahead and look up the archives to steal it proper.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Gift of Strength
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2.
Inherit  (When enchanted creature dies, you may pay . If you do, return this card from your graveyard to the battlefield.)
Edge of Immortality  
Planeswalker- Garruk 
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1, has flying and vigilance, and is a white Angel in addition to its other colours and types.
When enchanted creature dies, return it to the battlefield under your control and attach Edge of Immortality to it. Then, transform Edge of Imortality.
The sanctity of life, chained and perverted. He is high, mighty, and eternal
----------------------------
Sorrow's Embrace
Artifact Land 
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has flying and deathtouch, and is a black Demon in addition to its other colours and types.
Denied, death twists and turns, trying to submerge its victim in the inky void of the grave. Flesh withers; sanity crumbles. Nothing breaks but the heart.
Edge of Immortality  
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1, has flying and vigilance, and is a white Angel in addition to its other classes and types.
When enchanted creature dies, return it to the battlefield under your control and attach Edge of Immortality to it. Then, transform Edge of Imortality.
----------------------------
Sorrow's Embrace
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has flying and deathtouch, and is a black Demon in addition to its other colours and types.

psst

type lines

Illustrious Bonds 
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Divine Blessing (If Illustrious Bonds enters the graveyard from the stack, you may cast a copy of Illustrious Bonds without paying its mana cost.)
Enchanted Creature has Lifelink and "Whenever you gain life, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature".

I take it this is more about the mechanic than the overall card?  If not, I'll probably redesign a more impressive aura.

Should be pretty straight forward but just in case:  What makes Auras card disadvantage, the ole "I destroy your intended target" giving the opponent a 2 for 1.  So...just take that 2 for 1 away.  "Ok, you got my guy, I guess I'll put it on Second String instead."

Opponent still gets 1 for 1, you still get a bonus, if not the one you really wanted...seems win win.

Just a quick entry to seal the idea as mine.  Gonna check the comp rules and work on the wording after work.
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
Krovikan Fetish

Generic Creature Enchantment Cantips

Enchant Creature losses to card advantage losing 2 cards when the creature dies.
Magic so far has tried to compensate by making enchantments powerful enough to be worth the risk.
This has left less powerful creature modification unavailable,
I suggest making these creature enchantments into cantrips.
I prefer the iceage cantrip as the idea is not instant card draw but card replacement.
Cantrip [if this resolves;
 draw a card at your next upheep's start.]

GREEN

Reach Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains reach.
(This creature can block creatures with flying.)

Growth instant
Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature

Evolve enchant creature
Whenever a creature of greater power or toughness
enters play than enchanted creature;
 put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.

Trample Enchant Creature Cantrip
Enchanted creature gains trample.
[A creature with trample may assign some or all of its
combat damage to the defending player or planeswalker
if all creatures blocking it are assigned lethal damage.
('Normally, a creature is assigned lethal damage
if the damage marked on it plus the damage assigned to it
is greater or equal to than its toughness.).]

Progeneration Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains regenerate this creature
[When this creature would be destroyed this turn, it isn't.
Instead tap it, remove all damage from it,
and remove it from combat.]

Super Growth sorcery
Put X +1/+1 counter on target creature

RED

Scramble Enchant Creature
enchanted creature cannot be block by only one creature

First Strike Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains First Strike,
[This creature deals combat damage
before creatures without first strike
assign their damage]

Breath of Fire Enchant Creature
enchanted creature gains +1/+0
~"you smell that?!"

BLACK

Death Touch Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains deathtouch
[Any amount of damage this deals to a creature
 is enough to destroy it.]

Shadow Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains shadow
(This creature can block or be blocked
by only creatures with shadow.)

BLUE

Flying Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains flying
[It can't be blocked
except by creatures with flying or reach.]

~"Born aloft on the winds of his own howls." -Jessica_Morgan

Shroud Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains Shroud
 (It can't be the target of spells or abilities.)

WHITE

Tough Enchant Creature
Enchanted Creature Gains +0/3

Vigilance Enchant Creature
Cantrip [if this resolves,
Enchanted Creature Gains Vigilant (Attacking doesn't cause this creature to tap.)

Color Ward Enchant Creature
Enchanted Creature Gains Protection from the chosen color
 (This creature can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage,
or enchanted by anything of the spefied color[s])
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

Sesame Street - Somebody Come And play

I take it this is more about the mechanic than the overall card?  If not, I'll probably redesign a more impressive aura.

it's about both. 

@Matt: you're more than welcome to design more than one card, but please choose one to be your official submission.

Ancestral Reinforcements | :W::W:
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature

Enchanted creature gains “When this creature attacks put 2 1/1 white spirit tokens with flying onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.”
Solidify (When this card is put into the graveyard from the battlefield create a token that is a copy of this card. It’s type changes to Artifact - Equipment. It loses all previous types. It gains an Equip cost equal to the original enchantment's converted mana cost. All instances of Enchanted creature change to equipped creature)

If the wording for the type changing is incorrect I would appreciate any suggestions. I believe this should work though.

All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. -Chuck Palahniuk My Card as designed by febbstalicious42
Show
Four-Finger Discount :2mana: Instant Gain control of target creature. You lose life equal to its toughness. Almost as good as the five-finger discount.
phyrexianloyalty.png

First Strike Enchant Creature

Enchanted creature gains First Strike,
[This creature deals combat damage
before creatures without first strike
assign their damage]
NO WAR

Since it's not just about the mechanic I'll design a more impressive card later. I've got time.
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. -Chuck Palahniuk My Card as designed by febbstalicious42
Show
Four-Finger Discount :2mana: Instant Gain control of target creature. You lose life equal to its toughness. Almost as good as the five-finger discount.
phyrexianloyalty.png
Hexbane Husk
Enchantment - Aura
Alter creature (Target a player as you cast this. This card enters the battlefield attached to a creature that player controls.)
Altered creature gets +1/+1 and has protection from spells.

rules disclaimer
For some reason the targeting rules for Auras are in the rules for Auras rather than for the Enchant ability, even though every other thing in the game that targets stuff is defined by abilities. It wouldn't be hard to fix, so just pretend the rules aren't dumb and this works fine.

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

Multi-Link 
Enchantment - Aura
Glamer (When this aura comes into play, you may put a token onto the battlefield that is a copy of this Aura, attached to a creature you control.)
Enchanted creature has lifelink.

Multi-Cloak 
Enchantment - Aura
Glamer (When this aura comes into play, you may put a token onto the battlefield that is a copy of this Aura, attached to a creature you control.)
Enchanted creature has flying. 

Multi-Touch
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature has deathtouch.

Multi-Breath
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature has ": This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.

Multi-Reach
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature has reach. 

I'm hoping it's self-explanatory.

Multi-Breath is my submission. I just made the cycle to show the effect.

Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.
Multi-Link 
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature has lifelink.

Multi-Cloak 
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature has flying. 

Multi-Cloak 
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature has deathtouch.

Multi-Cloak 
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature has ": Thi creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.

Multi-Cloak 
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature has reach. 

I'm hoping it's self-explanatory. 

you're more than welcome to design more than one card, but please choose one to be your official submission.

My idea would be a free spell when enchanted creature leaves the battlefield.

Rage  
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+0
If enchanted creature leaves the battlefield, Rage deals 3 damage to target creature or player.

Memory Stealing
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Whenever enchanted creature deals damage to an opponent, you may draw a card.
If enchanted creature leaves the battlefield, draw 2 cards

Soul of the Bear
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2
If enchanted creature leaves the battlefield, put 2 +1/+1 counter on target creature

Defiling Power
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+1
If enchanted creature leaves the battlefield, destroy target creature.

my submission:

Guardian Spirit 
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 
If enchanted creature leaves the battlefield, put a 1/1 spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.

Edit: reduced Guardian Spirits cost by
ಥ_ಥ
Mantle of Luck |
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has hexproof.
Transfer - (: Attach Mantle of Luck to another target permanent it could enchant).
Luck can never trump skill, but it sure doesn't hurt.

More durable than current auras, still less durable than equipment. Transfer cost is a little high here because I didn't want to be be 'transfer: counter target removal spell'.
Prelate's Quarto
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature 
Enchanted creature gets +0/+2 and has lifelink.
Incarnate Cleric  (, Reveal this card in your hand: Exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a Cleric this could enchant. You may pay its mana cost. If you do, put it onto the battlefield with this Aura enchanting it. Shuffle all other cards exiled this way into your library.)
"Don't worry about finding a successor," the dying cleric whispered.  "The True Book will find one for you." 
I'm no monkey.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Editted original design.
Show
phyrexianloyalty.png
I wanted to do something complicated with recursion, but it ended up being complicated  Instead I was inspired by Bloodrush and decided that a keyword wasn't necessary to do what I wanted to do, which was basically Griffin Guide polished up a little.

Main Submission:
Thunderous Image
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+1 and has trample.
Mirage - When Thunderous Image is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, exile it and put a 3/1 red Elemental creature token with trample onto the battlefield.

Exiling the Aura was a bit of a weird addition, but it allows players to simply use the card itself as a representative of the token, to make memory issues simpler.  If you see an unattached Aura on the battlefield, it's easy to figure out that it's actually an exiled Mirage card, and simply look up its stats to figure out what the token is. Some other variations, just so the pattern unfolds:

Stoney Image
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +0/+3 and has defender.
Mirage - When Stoney Image is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, exile it and put a 0/3 white Elemental creature token with defender onto the battlefield.

Verdant Image
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3 and has ": Regenerate this creature".
Mirage - When Verdant Image is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, exile it and put a 3/3 green Elemental creature token with ": Regenerate this creature" onto the battlefield.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Cloak of Vines
Enchantment -- Aura
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2
: Attach Cloak of Vines to target creature.
: Change the target of Cloak of Vines.
Deathly Stench
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted Creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has intimidate.
Unearth  (: Return this card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step or if it would leave the battlefield. Unearth only as a sorcery.)
Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"
(Actual Submission)
Loxodon Auramancer

Creaure - Elephant Wizard
: Return an Aura card or card wth an infuse cost from your graveyard to the battlefield attached to this creature.
Infuse (If you pay the infuse cost, you may cast Invisible Dagger as an Aura enchantment card and enchant target creature. If you do, enchanted creature has all activated abilities of this creature.)
4/4

Invisible Dagger
Creature - Vampire Assassin
Deathtouch
: Destroy target tapped creature.
Infuse  (If you pay the infuse cost, you may cast Invisible Dagger as an Aura enchantment card and enchant target creature. If you do, enchanted creature has all activated abilities of this creature.)
2/2

Having it exist as a creature on top of a aura fixes needing a creature to combo. Also, it slims the potential to lose a card as it gives options. On top of that, it opens up area for cool combos.
Ancestral Reinforcements | :W::W:
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature

Enchanted creature gains “When this creature attacks put 2 1/1 white spirit tokens with flying onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.”
Solidify (When this card is put into the graveyard from the battlefield create a token that is a copy of this card. It’s type changes to Artifact - Equipment. It loses all previous types. It gains an Equip cost equal to it’s converted mana cost. All instances of Enchanted creature change to equipped creature)

If the wording for the type changing is incorrect I would appreciate any suggestions. I believe this should work though.

I'm still not clear on the etiquette for this, but what exactly is the CMC for the token?

Also, dang, there are some good entries here. I feel like a lot of the best space has been taken already and that Wizards should totally print some of these. I'm not going to name names because I have probably over-stepped regulation contestiquette procedures already, but holy moly. Moley? Moalie? I'll stop now. Time to think of something different. Razorborne contest = Razorborne thought process.

Razorspoiler

Okay. I typed that and then I got up to go pee and pretty much though of everything I needed, so. . . sorry?

Destiny: If the permanent that this card is enchanting would enter another zone, it remains revealed and this card remains on the battlefield. It continues to enchant its original target.

(Break for applause)

Now, I'm well aware that a few of you did not clap. Shame on you I guess? You probably think that this is pretty limited, or hard to do at common, or just plain, old idiotic. I disagree, I guess? I suppose it matters what Razor thinks mostly though. So in order to convince that fuzzy, little fellow that this is not as limited as it seems, I am going to post five cards in various colours, and in various rarities that demonstrate its potential. I will then design another card or choose one of the five to represent my submission:

Five Card Cycle of Dooom

Wall Beneath The Floor 
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has +0/+2 and Defender.
Creatures with Defender cannot leave the graveyard.
Destiny (If the permanent that this card is enchanting would enter another zone, it remains revealed and this card remains on the battlefield. It continues to enchant its original target.)

"Next thing y'know, you'll be settin' the ceiling atop the roof!"
- Grudis, Disgruntled Matron

Oh crap, was that Uncommon?! Oh no!

Here: One for real now.

Mayael's Birthtears
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has +3/+3 and trample.
At the beginning of your upkeep you may return a creature with power 5 or greater from your graveyard to your hand. If you do, sacrifice Mayael's Birthtears.
Destiny (If the permanent that this card is enchanting would enter another zone, it remains revealed and this card remains on the battlefield. It continues to enchant its original target.)

"They fertilize more than just mere soil."

Point proven? I'm now realizing with the first one that you want stuff we use on our own dogs. Not on anybody else's dogs. Okay. Dogs.

Thoughts Godly
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature untaps whenever an opponent wants it to.
At the beginning of each endstep, if enchanted creature is tapped you its controller draws a card. 
Destiny (If the permanent that this card is enchanting would enter another zone, it remains revealed and this card remains on the battlefield. It continues to enchant its original target.)

I might not do five. I really like that last one. I want to think about it. Anyway, as you can see, the obvious recursion, retutoring, etc. space wasn't even tapped here, right? So, I think I am correct in seeing the space vacant within Destiny.

Submission:

Vengeant Embers
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has ": This creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player."
At the end of each end step if enchanted creature is not tapped, Vengeant Embers deals 1 damage to target creature or player. (Permanents not on the battlefield are not tapped.)

"Do you not realize that your sword is nothing but a fan? Do you not know what it is doing to my fire?"

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Recall (When this enters the battlefield, you may return a card named this from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

Comp Rule for auras entering the battlefield from the graveyard:
Show
303.4f If an Aura is entering the battlefield under a player's control by any means other than by resolving as an Aura spell, and the effect putting it onto the battlefield doesn't specify the object or player the Aura will enchant, that player chooses what it will enchant as the Aura enters the battlefield. The player must choose a legal object or player according to the Aura's enchant ability and any other applicable effects.

That rule technically means Recall could be used for any type of permanent, but the intention was Auras. 

OFFICIAL ENTRY (common):

Hex of Rancor 
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+0 and gains trample.
Recall (When Hex of Rancor enters the battlefield, you may return a card named Hex of Rancor from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

Cards for other rarities:
Show

Uncommon:

Hex of Rage 
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+0 and gains first strike.
When enchanted creature dies, destroy target land.
Recall (When this enters the battlefield, you may return a card named this from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

Rare:

Hex of the Harbinger
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +0/+5.
When Hex of the Harbinger enters the battlefield, return a creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield with a converted mana cost equal to the converted mana cost of enchanted creature.
Recall (When this enters the battlefield, you may return a card named this from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

Hex of Collusion 
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
You control enchanted creature.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
I will win all the razorpoints.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
Totally realized my cards didn't even meet criteria. I rock at this game, obvi.

Mechanic: Redeem (When CARDNAME is sent to the graveyard, you may exile it. If you do, [effect])

Basic:

Dominence

Enchantment -- Aura

Enchanted Creature has intimidate 

Redeem: Target opponent loses 2 life. (When ~ is sent to the graveyard from the battlefield, you may exile it. If you do, target opponent loses 2 life.)

Eventually, the maggots will learn.

Interesting things you can do:

Rasva's gift

Enchantment -- Aura 

Enchanted creature gets +3/+0 and first strike

Redeem: Deal 3 damage to target opponent. That player discards 2 cards (When ~ is sent to the graveyard from the battlefield, you may exile it. If you do, deal 3 damage to target opponent. That player discards 2 cards)

"I can give the power, but can you handle it?" Rasva

So basically, you exile the enchantment to do cool things. I like it. There could be a whole bunch of cool interactions. I'm really tired, so I'm gonna make one for grades. I know you're smart, and don't need me telling you what cool things you can do with this. You can figure it out.

Numerous Blessings

Enchantment -- Aura

Enchanted creature gets +x/+x, where X is the number of enchantmens in your exile zone.

, : Search your library for a card named ~ and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.

Redeem: Search your library for an enchantment and exile it. Shuffle your library. (When ~ is sent to the graveyard from the battlefield, you may exile it. If you do, search your library for an enchantment and exile it. Shuffle your library.)

This for grade 
Mark of Prevention -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has Absorb 1 and Hexproof.
Relic - You may return this card to the battlefield attached to a creature you control at anytime you can cast an instant. If you do, discard a card with converted mana cost equal to or more than this card or exile it.

Mark of Prevention -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has Absorb 1 and Hexproof.
Reconstruct - () (If this card is put into your graveyard from anywhere except your library this turn, you may cast it from your graveyard for its reconstruct cost.)
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Mechanic: Animate

Example

Spectral Cowl |
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature is unblockable.
Animate (Whenever this card is sent to the graveyard from the battlefield, if it is not a creature, you may return it to the battlefield. If you do, it becomes a 1/1 Illusion enchantment creature and is no longer an aura. Change its text by replacing all instances of "enchanted creature" with "this creature".)

Explanation

Basically if the enchantment dies from it's target leaving the battlefield, not having a legal target, etc., it comes back as a 1/1 enchantment creature. It is no longer an aura, so you can't attach it to another creature. It keeps its color. Spectral Cowl essentially becomes this after animating:

Spectral Cowl |
Enchantment Creature

~ is unblockable.
Animate

1/1

Other Examples

Ethereal Bulwark |
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +0/+2.
Whenever enchanted creature blocks, you gain 3 life.
Animate

Bioluminescence |
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains ":T:: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
Animate

Personal Demons |
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature can't block and attacks each turn if able.
If ~ is a creature, it gets +3/+3 and flying and is a demon in addition to its other types.
Animate

Angelic Mantle |
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3, gains lifelink and flying, and is an Angel in addition to its other types.
Animate

Graded Card

To be chosen.

Could this criteria be any more difficult? Gawh....
irrelevant rambling
Funny, when I saw your criteria, I remembered that I made a mechanic to "fix" auras a while ago, and finding it was easy since I remembered the name of the mechanic. Lo and behold, a quick search showed that I made lingering for Mown's first Steam Giveaway contest:

Condemnation
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Lingering (If this card would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, you may pay its mana cost. If you do, return it to the battlefield enchanting target permanent.)
Enchanted creatures gets -2/-2 and has "at the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life.

HEY GUYS LOOK I MADE STAB WOUND BEFORE WOTC AM I COOL YET

Anyway even though it didnt win back then and I don't think mown liked it a lot, I quite like lingering and can't think of something better for now. So it will be my temporary submission for now.

Update:
Actual submission:

Honorable Vestige
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has lifelink.
Relic (As long as you cast this spell, it has "As long as ~ is in your graveyard, creatures you control get +1/+1)

So the idea is, these auras will have reasonable effects as an aura, and will turn into quite strong undercosted global effects when they are in the graveyard, so your opponent will have to think twince before 2-for-1ing your aura'd creature. To prevent discard/self-mill abuse, I made "relic".

a couple other cards with relic, just to show what it can be done with it;

Talisman of Seclusion
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature is indestructible and its power is 0.
Relic (As long as you cast this spell, it has "As long as ~ is in your graveyard, creatures you control have double strike and lifelink.)
"What is it that makes you unkillable, but gives you the strongest desire to die?" - Folk riddle

Heart of Svogthos
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Land
Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds to his or her mana pool.
Relic (As long as you cast this spell, it has "As long as ~ is in your graveyard, whenever you tap a swamp or forest for mana, add to your mana pool.)

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
I THINK I'VE FIGURED OUT HOW TO MITIGATE THE INHERENT CARD DISADVANTAGE OF AURAS.

USE EQUIPMENT INSTEAD.

[sblock Actual Submission]
Dawnglow Halo
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has first strike, vigilance, and lifelink.
: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield enchanting target creature with another aura attached to it. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
The sun always rises.

It's replayable, but not indefinitely. Eventually you'll run out of auras and won't be able to return this one anymore. Unless you're sneaky of course and run it with Rancor or something.
[/sblock]
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
Updated the mechanic based on:
Show
303.4g If an Aura is entering the battlefield and there is no legal object or player for it to enchant, the Aura remains in its current zone, unless that zone is the stack. In that case, the Aura is put into its owner's graveyard instead of entering the battlefield.

and updated the card based on it was kinda boring...still kinda boring, but out of time for the day and possible the weekend. 
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
Thank you magicpablo666 for pointing that out, my official submission now reflects an updated and more clear wording, using the original enchantment's CMC as obviously intended, but now clearly stated.
Show
phyrexianloyalty.png
Beastial Aspect

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and trample.
Ascend  (: Put a copy of this aura on each creature you control that it could enchant except without this ability. ~ loses this ability.)

***Grade this one:***
Divine Mirage

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant creature
Enchanted creature is a 4/4 Angel with flying.
Ascend (: Put a copy of this aura on each creature you control that it could enchant except without this ability. ~ loses this ability.)
so just to clarify, 'cause I don't want to mark down otherwise functional ideas for this, the card disadvantage of auras comes from when you put them on your own creatures. things you intend to play on your opponent's stuff, like dead weight, does not carry the same drawback.

Funny, when I saw your criteria, I remembered that I made a mechanic to "fix" auras a while ago, and finding it was easy since I remembered the name of the mechanic. Lo and behold, a quick search showed that I made lingering for Mown's first Steam Giveaway contest:

Condemnation
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Lingering (If this card would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, you may pay its mana cost. If you do, return it to the battlefield enchanting target permanent.)
Enchanted creatures gets -2/-2 and has "at the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life.

HEY GUYS LOOK I MADE STAB WOUND BEFORE WOTC AM I COOL YET

Anyway even though it didnt win back then and I don't think mown liked it a lot, I quite like lingering and can't think of something better for now. So it will be my temporary submission for now.

"if" can leave a linger effect as a trigger but not always
NO WAR

Native Strength
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant creature.
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2.
Flash, Pristine (if this spell would be countered, you may return it to your hand instead.)
"Not even the greatest slumbermages can contain Mother Earth herself forever."

Not necessarily limited to auras, but inherently more balanced on them than on other cards, I think.

Notice that Pristine triggers even if the spell would be countered by game rules (ie. its target is removed before resolution).
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
(if this spell would be countered, you may return it to your hand instead.)

if this spell is countered; return it to your hand ?

that leaves out the option text but meh

is the option there to prevent backing up if a player forgets to return the card?

if and when this spell is countered; you may return it to your hand.
NO WAR

Sign In to post comments