Paladin that can use his shield as a weapon?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looking through all the paladin options, it doesn't look like there is a power available for a paladin to use his shield as a weapon. What are the solutions to this?

If I multiclass fighter, how many shield attacks can I eventually take and at what level can those be unlocked?
Are there any backgrounds, themes, or racial feats that allow a shield to be used as a weapon?

Thanks!
well the easiest way would be to make a fighter | paladin hybrid and take the fighter powers when you can to use your shield as a weapon.  You can also grab all the multi mark utility powers from both the fighter and the paladin (and there's lots).  No backgrounds, themes or racial feats to my knowledge allow the use of a shield as a weapon.
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Easiest solution would be to use a feat to become proficient with the Spiked Shield, I think.
but it's such a crappy weapon lol.  And if you want powers that actually use the shield, then fighter is the way to go.  I think there's a dedicated shield using power at every power level a fighter can select a power, even utility powers.
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

AV has a Throwing Shield which has an at-will attack power that could further supplement the idea
I'd agree with Noctaem, and go Fighter first, and multiclass into Paladin for flavour.

Fighter has a full build based around using Shield as an offensive weapon, including a Paragon path. In addition, there are a lot of feats that assist this build, as I was looking into making a Hoplite Elven Fighter, but I can't recall the feats to hand as it's been a while since I checked them.
Easiest solution would be to just use a longsword's stats as your shield and weapon. I'm doing this in a game I'm running right now, we have a shield fighter but for the purposes of making [w] attack powers he uses longsword stats.
Sign In to post comments