Damage prevention

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Quick Q: Does Fog prevent me or my creatures from gettiing poison counters and -1/-1 counters by Infect creatures?

Thanks!  

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

No. Combat damage is not the only way to give players poison counters or creatures -1/-1 counters.

However, it will prevent combat damage from creatures with Infect/Wither (it's still combat damage, the result is just different). You will not get any poison counters or -1/-1 counters as a result of combat damage (because there would be no combat damage).

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

No. Combat damage is not the only way to give players poison counters or creatures -1/-1 counters.

However, it will prevent combat damage from creatures with Infect/Wither (it's still combat damage, the result is just different). You will not get any poison counters or -1/-1 counters as a result of combat damage (because there would be no combat damage).

Ok thanks!

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

Crypt Cobra, Suq'Ata Assassin, and Swamp Mosquito give poison counters if they attack and are not blocked.  So Fog won't change that - not combat damage.