A Detektor Blip: Size Counters

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sizeshift 
Instant
Put three size counters on target creature. (Creatures with size counters on them are X/X, where X is the number of size tokens on them.)
"Well, I should like to be a little larger, sir, if you wouldn't mind," said Alice: "three inches is such a wretched height to be."

Scale Sprite
Creature - Insect Faerie
Flying
Scale Sprite deals damage to creatures in the form of size counters. (Creatures with size counters on them are X/X, where X is the number of size counters on them.)
"What size do you want to be?" it asked.
"Oh, I'm not particular as to size," Alice hastily replied; "only one doesn't like changing so often, you know."

1/1

More to come?
I really like Scale Sprite.

Also, I really like Lewis Carroll references.
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. He ran from conviction, and fed his addiction as the Dish heated the Spoon... The Spoon begged to go, but the Dish shouted : "NO!!" "The heroin will be ready soon!" "Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good." IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcu9fs.png)
Yeeeees more "deals damage in the form of" cards.

This is a very clever concept, too, with some intriguing design potential. 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
isn't scale sprite just deathtouch?

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
I was expecting a "Put a 2/2 counter on target creature. (That creature is 2/2)", but of course that would have problems with counters of different sizes.

I really like your idea. I'm not sure I like the name of the counters, but I can't think of anything else.

Cool stuff. I might nominate it for the card of the week thread. :>
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

And, no.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

It deals damage in the form of size counters, not in addition to them.
Brilliant.

It deals damage in the form of size counters, not in addition to them.

oh

neat

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
It's probably the cleanest and most elegant version of this mechanic that I've seen in this forum, good job! ^.^ You should make cards that can produce these counters (on the same creatures?) again and again, because one-shot effects don't make use of the full potential of this mechanic.. For example, what decisions would that create when you attack + block with a 1/6 creature with vigilance and this mechanic again and again?
Yeah, size counter on walls are funny:

Watermelon Patch    
Creature - Wall
Defender
Watermelon Patch deals damage in the form of size counters.
"Well, you see, we WERE going to kill him, but those damn watermelons were so fresh.  We sat and ate them for a few days, but look!  We're big and strong now!"
1/3

All joking aside, I like this idea.  Combos nicely with Prodigal Sorcerer type enchantments and proliferate.
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
Well, now I wish I had made the second card a 1/3.
I find this concept extremely erotic
I make a set with +1/+1 counters and -1/-1 counters in it, and people complain. You make an entirely new type of counter, and it's fine. I don't get it.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

When people pay money; they fell they have the right to complain

I want to give my +1/+1 chips flavor

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

I live in san diego if any vistitting wizards wants to  contact me 858=483=3822

i'd stop by comicon but my car is broke and so am I

I'm now going to quote you out of context in my sig

Is your goal to quote people out-of-context in your sig until it forms a complete story?

Ditto.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

Ditto.

That's not what out of context means. Or quote.
If I didn't like my sig so much, I'd change it into

Ditto.

IMAGE(http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/132.gif)

Anyway...
I don't really like the mechanic, but I'm not entirely sure why, so I'm just going to put it on me being irrational for me right now. Might be something with how it doesn't really fit any color when you make it into a changing quantity.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I think it's a little too good.

I like the ability, but I feel 1/X creatures are a bit mean utilizing it. I really feel that 2/X is the base with this mechanic. I like it, I just don't like it on 1/X things. I don't know why,
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
That's not what out of context means. Or quote.

It is out of context...I see no context. And it is a quote...just with more added :P .

Jester of High Humor
Creature - Human Adviser
First Strike
~ deals damage in the form of Size Counters.
1/2
"Fool you once, shame on me. Fool you twice, shame on you." 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I think Keeper should do a contest for cards that "do damage in the form of"

Also, Doctor, your jester made me laugh in real life. Which I guess is what Jesters are supposed to do anyway? So. . . points?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.