The Chain: Peaceful Edition

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
So recently, I have noticed slight conflict on The Chain. This is manifested in the form of criticisms on cards, criticisms on criticisms, and other such nonsense. So, I have made this: A chain in which there are to be no grades. Here's how it works: You post yuor criteria for the next player to follow. They complete that criteria, and then make their own criteria. This continues and continues. Remember: No criticism, and no grading the people before you! GO! The first criteria is this: make a blue thrull creature!

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
Waning Thrull  
Creature- Thrull 
When Waning Thrull enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Sacrifice  Waning Thrull: draw a card.
2/3

Make a knight who rides a dragon.  
These threads feel really pointless to me without grades. You should at least require some kind of comments or assessment if not "grades" per se

...Although that would literally be a clone of a thread I made that died so yeah I dunno 
Was that criticism? Just kidding. From now on you can leave some constructed criticism behind if you would like.

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
Nice Thrull, fit my expectations, and playable. Sacrifice bait like most thrulls. Good Job!

Mortius, Hellfire Knight
- MR
  Legendary Creature - Demon Knight
Flying, Haste, Protection from White and Blue

Whenever ~ attacks, deal 3 damage to target creature or player.
 Sweeping from the sky in a strike of flames, down came Mortius, tamer of Hellkites.
4/4

Show
Yep, that's a big expensive flying thingy all right. I guess it is cool that it has lots of abilities rather than just being big.

Since you didn't give criteria I will do whatever I want

Beacon of Resilience
Creature - Kor Cleric
Protection from colorless
Beacon of Resilience can't be exiled.
When the Blind Eternities called, he turned a deaf ear.
2/3
Shadowblade Surveyor  
Creature- Human Assassin
Flash
Whenever " " blocks or becomes blocked, you may have it get -X/+X until end of turn, where X is its power. If you do, you may draw X cards then discard X cards.
2/1  

Next criteria: Make a skeleton creature.         
Requiem Dancer
Creature - Skeleton
Cards in your graveyard cost less to cast.
Regenerate
1/1

Make a nightmare.
The unlookables  
creature-nightmare

~ is unblockable

even its kin dont look at it, for they fear what they will find.

3/3

Pick one or both: create a white demon that flavor is it choose with its own free will to become white; create an artifact creature named loadstone golem. 
Stoneload Golem
Artifact Creature - Golem
Affinity for Mountains
:R:,:T:: Target opponent gains control of target Mountain you control, then Stoneload Golem deals 4 damage to that player.
3/4

make a vole
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Gargantuan Vole 
Creature - Giant Rodent

Trample
 The small thing unwittingly partook of the polluted stream, becoming a monster.

3/4

Next: an alchemist

Show
Archalchemist
Creature - Human Wizard
When Archalchemist enters the battlefield, put a artifact token with "Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card" onto the battlfield.
1/1

make a shark
Literal Shark
Creature - Fish
Islandwalk
, : Destroy target creature that was dealt damage this turn.
2/1

a Card with never before seen verb in its rule text (it can't be the card name).

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
this is gonna be hard, here goes:

Reclaiming Mass
Creature - Mutant Ooze
Trample
Whenever a creature that recieved combat damage from ~ this turn expires, divide it. (exile it, then create 2 creature tokens with the same type and color, each with a p/t of half the total p/t of the creature)
7/4

make a multicolored card
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"
Doomsail Windracer  
Artifact Creature- Boat
Vessel (Whenever this creature attacks, you may exile any number of other attacking creatures on this vessel. At the beginning of the end step, if this creature is on the battlefield, return those creatures to the battlefield under your control)
Whenever this creature deals damage to an opponent, that player discards a card for each creature on Doomsail Windracer. You draw cards equal to the number of cards discarded in this way.
  "The ship, while fast and steady, chilled its riders to the bone. It was not that the day was particularly cold, but rather that the ship seemed to feast on our discomfort; amplifying our suffering for its own grisly enjoyment."
4/4

So let's say you attack, exile two attacking creatures (dubs Thragtusk ftw...) and hit for four. The defending player discards two cards and you draw two cards. At end of combat, you get your creatures back untapped and ready to block.

Next: Either make another vessel (if you want to stoke the fires of my ego) or make a sorcery card with a converted mana cost of six.
Alchemist's Shelf

Store (Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, you may counter and exile it with this card. If you do, copy that spell with the same targets)

Put a study counter onto ~ every time it stoes a spell. 
Remove X study counters from ~. Search your library for a spell with converted mana cost X and put it into your hand.

Sort of like it right? Maybe a different variant?

Make a green dwarf.

Show
Sign In to post comments