Undying/Scavenge

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm trying to improve this deck but am having trouble being creative.

Land
4 x Swamp 
2 x Overgrown Tomb 
4 x Golgari Guildgate 
12 x Forest 

Creature
4 x Slitherhead
4 x Lotleth Troll
4 x Dread Mangler
4 x Lumberknot
4 x Predator Ooze 
4 x Corpsejack Menace
1 x Primordial Hydra
1 x Vorapede 
4 x Deadly Recluse
4 x Strangleroot Geist

Enchantment
4 x Rancor

The idea is to use all the undying and scavenge counters with Corpsejack, which is why the hydra is in there too. Since I made playsets of most stuff it's hard for me to figure out where to cut. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Welcome to the forums Here is a tip.

If you want to mention a single card type it like this: Rancor[/card ] (But don't use any spaces)So it will look like this [card]Rancor

You can do the same thing with your entire deck but instead of "card" write "deck" 

I like the idea of the deck. Maybe add some Gutter Grime ?
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.
Welcome to the forums Here is a tip.

If you want to mention a single card type it like this: Rancor[/card ] (But don't use any spaces)So it will look like this [card]Rancor

You can do the same thing with your entire deck but instead of "card" write "deck" 

I like the idea of the deck. Maybe add some Gutter Grime ?

Thanks for the tip, both in cards in formatting 
I would suggest taking out the Lumberknot for some type of removal Abrupt Decay/Murder/Ultimate Price.

You could always swap out the Deadly Recluse for some Drudge Beetle's, it fits the theme better.

Predator Ooze works great with Ulvenwald Tracker to clear the board, maybe swap out the Lumberknot for them if you perfer to keep more creatures in the deck.

If you want to add something new into the deck you could always go with a Korozda Guildmage+Ivy Lane Denizen+Corpsejack Menace+any creature and make tons of tokens and +1+1 things up per token! Rinse and repeat! 

I hope this helps GL!  
No problem If you had out some of those Lumberknot cards along with the Gutter Grime cards you could really overrun your opponant with strong creatures.

You could also put in a few Bloodflow Connoisseur cards perhaps with Undying Evil and Mikaeus, the Unhallowed so you can constantly sacrifice creatures and make them (And your lumberknot!) A lot stronger. Also while you're doing this your  Gutter Grime is pumping out more and more ooze tokens.

If you decide on a direction I can try and help as best as I can
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.