One liners needed badly

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
In an attempt to put more energy into combat, I'd like my PC to say snappy, peppy, or otherwise achieve moba- or jrpg-like chattiness.

So, I'll list some powers, some quotes I've thought of as examples, and y'all can help ramp up the cheesiness factor. Take note, this is based on a wizard (nethermancer illusionist), so lines based on intelligence, darkness, deceit, and magic are especially appropriate.

winged horde: "Move freely!" "They're distracted; run circles around them!" "Don't panic"

Unraveling dart: "Found your weak point."
Magic missile
illusory obstacles
twilight falls: "feeling down?"
maze of mirrors: "Get lost!"
murderous twin: "Glad you finally decided to kill yourself."
phantom foes:
horrid whispers: "People have been saying things about you..."
phantom chasm: "Don't look down"
watery sphere: "You're all wet"
visions of avarice: "Your greed will be the end of you" "Look, treasure!" "Go get it, fools."
Heroic efforts: "(miss) my calculations were wrong...? (+4) They're -never- wrong!"
shield: "Get away!" "Whoa!"

General quotes for illusion: "Your (sensory organs) can deceive you"

You get the idea. As you can see, these don't have to be clever. Just so long as they have some life to 'em.

Still to this day, the greatest jrpg one liner I've ever heard has been "I'm going to kill you in the face!" XD
In an attempt to put more energy into combat, I'd like my PC to say snappy, peppy, or otherwise achieve moba- or jrpg-like chattiness.

So, I'll list some powers, some quotes I've thought of as examples, and y'all can help ramp up the cheesiness factor. Take note, this is based on a wizard (nethermancer illusionist), so lines based on intelligence, darkness, deceit, and magic are especially appropriate.

winged horde: "Move freely!" "They're distracted; run circles around them!" "Don't panic"

Unraveling dart: "Found your weak point." "This might be a little unpleasant."
Magic missile: "Dodge this if you can!"
illusory obstacles: "My, when did those (obstacles) get there?"
twilight falls: "feeling down?"
maze of mirrors: "Get lost!"
murderous twin: "Glad you finally decided to kill yourself."
phantom foes: "What's that behind you?"
horrid whispers: "People have been saying things about you..." "Your destiny is to die. It has been every since you met me..."
phantom chasm: "Don't look down"
watery sphere: "You're all wet"
visions of avarice: "Your greed will be the end of you" "Look, treasure!" "Go get it, fools." "So easily distracted..."
Heroic efforts: "(miss) my calculations were wrong...? (+4) They're -never- wrong!"
shield: "Get away!" "Whoa!" "Nice try!"

You get the idea. As you can see, these don't have to be clever. Just so long as they have some life to 'em.

My added quotes are in bold.

A list of CharOp Handbooks I'm currently updating:

Heart of the Dragon: A Dragonborn's Handbook

Infernal Wrath: A Tiefling's Handbook

magic missile has to be "Dodge this !"

"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

magic missile has to be "Dodge this !"

"Catch!" would also be appliable
Get a spoon!

Unraveling dart: "Found your weak point." "Weakness suits you"
Magic missile "Focused perfection in energy coming at you"
illusory obstacles "Stumble like the buffoon you are"
twilight falls: "feeling down?" "Darkness will triumph"
maze of mirrors: "Get lost!" <-----(this is pretty good)
murderous twin: "Glad you finally decided to kill yourself." "You are your own worst enemy"
phantom foes: "Meet my friends"
horrid whispers: "People have been saying things about you..." "Fear is weakness"
phantom chasm: "Don't look down" "The abyss calls you"
watery sphere: "You're all wet" "Clean yourself off"
visions of avarice: "Your greed will be the end of you" "Look, treasure!" "Go get it, fools."
shield: "Get away!" "Whoa!" "Imbecile!"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

I just wanted to say that I LOVE the ideas put out here! Unfortunately I'm not clever enough to come up with any more beyond what I've read. Great stuff!

I played a Bladesinger for a short campaign (levels 1-5) and I based my character's personality off of Roland Deschain from the Dark Tower series of books. I even had modified the Gunslinger's litany to basically be a focussing phrase about his blade. He was a very solemn and creepy character that LOVED being in battle.

These are the things that I love so much about this hobby! 
Step 1. Play Fire Emblem Awakening.
Step 2. Write down everything Owain says. 
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit

But in all seriousness he has some great lines in that game.
"My sword hand twitches!"
"Down, Sword-Hand!"
"Impressive!"
"Watch and learn" 
My Commander decks! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942477/Endrek_Sahr,_Master_of_Disaster http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942329/*Rumbling_Stomach_Noises*_Guildpact_Borborygmos_Deck
Read the Belgariad. Just about anything Belgareth says should be liquid gold...
My one-liners are more comedy driven, but here you go.

Unraveling dart: "Hey buddy, it's me, [Damage type]. Let's be pals!"

Magic missile: "Alright, bend over and grab your ankles!"
Illusory obstacles: "Toilets everywhere! Everyone gets a toilet!"
Twilight falls: "Now you see me..."
Maze of Mirrors: "Ever been to a party and surrounded by ugly? No? Here's your chance!"
Murderous Twin: "Quit hittin' yourself! Quit hittin yourself!"
Phantom Foes: "So many axes, so many targets!"
horrid whispers: "I heard your mother call you a tubby dirt-chute!"
Phantom Chasm: "Wanna know what a lead balloon feels like?"
Watery Sphere: "How about a bath, smelly?!"
Visions of Avarice: "How about a LOOTSPLOOOSION!"
Heroic Efforts: "Where'd I put that +4. It was sitting around here somewhere."
Shield: "Don't tell me you're going to get mad now."