Bugs with trading and wishlists in the March beta release.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Two issues I've found with the latest version of the Beta so far-
First- when deckbuilding, the function to "add missing cards to wishlist" does not work unless your deck is in list view- if it's in pile view, nothing will be added. May affect the individual card view as well, I didn't test that.

Second- when trading with bots, the whole game will lock when I try to confirm the trade. I type "done" and it freezes. This has been happening for the last three builds and is still seen in this one. It always happens the first time I try it. Sometimes, using task manager to shut MTGO down and and re-launching will allow me to complete a trade the next time I try, but this isn't always the case (and I lose all the trades I made anyway- no fun when the bots are particularly busy.) Can't figure out the cause- I don't think it's the bot script, since I've experienced it with multiple bots, but it's possible it may just be my system, or an antivirus program I have running.

Other than that, the new version seems a little faster, which is good.

Anyone else see the trading bug? Thanks!

PS- Devs, let me know if you need more info- I can write up a full bug report with reproduction steps if you can't reproduce it your selves. (I'm a former lead QA tester.)
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I have a similar problem with trading with bots in the beta - however, it's actually starting the trade, not finishing it.

The screen will dim, apparently waiting for the 'waiting for ### to begin trade' - which sometimes never appears - yet no 'trade cancelled' or unavailable window will pop up. Nothing is responding, but the program is still running (looking at task-manager). If I try to shut it down in task-manager, the 'Do you really want to quit' window will come up, and you can interact with it. If you select 'No', it's still all unresponsive and will dim even further when you go to close it again with the task-manager.

Closing it this way doesn't create a bug report, so I though to put it here - Though what's strange, is that some days it can be fine, no problems at all. Though if it does 'crash', it seems to crash even more often, to the point I then usually switch to the older version to do trading.

Which reminds me, if you try to use the net-version of your wishlist on the old version, it completely removes it from the beta if you save any changes (I'm assuming file-type/version changes) which can be annoying, but understandable. "So don't use it"
Should have replied to this- I emailed the owner of the bot in question, they found the issue, which is the system having problems with bots that have more than a certain number of cards. Hopefully this will be fixed shortly.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.