some hybrid-mana creatures

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Brainfeeder - ()()
Creature - Elemental
At the end of your turn, if you discarded two or more cards this turn, put two +1/+1 counters on Brainfeeder.
2/2

Hopefeeder - ()()
Creature - Elemental
At the end of your turn, if an opponent gained three or more life this turn, put two +1/+1 counters on Hopefeeder.
2/2

Painfeeder - ()()
Creature - Elemental
At the end of your turn, if you were dealt five or more damage this turn, put two +1/+1 counters on Painfeeder.
2/2

Manafeeder - ()()
Creature - Elemental
At the end of your turn, if a spell or ability was countered this turn, put two +1/+1 counters on Manafeeder.
2/2
Do you know any mono-red abilities that mono-blue doesn't like? Because they're cards where one color "rewards" the players for something that happened and where the other one "compensates" for something that happened..
I'm not sure if I get the 'direction' of your cycle, because in the first two cards, green seems to be the compensating color both times.

For red and blue, maybe something about +X/+0 vs -X/-0 
I'm not sure if the color blue cares about creatures with increased power, but finding other things was impossible for me.. And yeah, the first creature should compensate and reward the players for mono-green abilities, do you have ideas?

Ragefeeder - ()()
Creature - Elemental
At the end of your turn, if the power of a creature increased this turn, put two +1/+1 counters on Ragefeeder.
2/2
discarding 2 cards is rare

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

Lestat the Musical: I want more
discarding 2 cards is rare

I think it's a the same level of having a spell countered.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

Cute! They should have Creature - Elemental BLANK, like Brainfeeder should be an Elemental Zombie, and the others could be things too.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Two of your cards (Brainfeeder & Painfeeder) trigger if the event happens "at least this many times". Two of them (Manafeeder & Deathfeeder) trigger if the event happens "exactly this many times". One pair should be changed to match the other pair. (I recommend changing the latter pair to line up with the former pair: "...if a spell you control was countered..." & "...if an opponent gained life...".)

Ragefeeder, um,...doesn't work. At all. And I'm not at all sure how we can bend the rules to accomodate it.

Level 1 Judge as of 09/26/2013

Zammm = Batman

"Ability words are flavor text for Melvins." -- Fallingman

Okay, I just changed that! ^.^ I don't really like the blue-red version anyway, but what's exactly the reason why this ability doesn't work?
Okay, I just changed that! ^.^ I don't really like the blue-red version anyway, but what's exactly the reason why this ability doesn't work?

The rules only know what the power and toughness of a creature is: they have no way of determining what it used to be. Even Fling only looks back far enough to determine what the power of the creature was at the moment you sacrificed it (which I think of as the game always "saving" the characteristics of things when they leave the battlefield, just in case it needs to use that information later).

Zammm = Batman

()()

1. At the beginning of your end step, if two or more creatures attacked and weren't blocked this turn,...
2. At the beginning of your end step, if two or more spells with the same name resolved this turn,...
3. At the beginning of your end step, if a creature returned to a player's hand this turn,...
4. At the beginning of your end step, if # or more cards were put into your graveyard from your library this turn,...
Your third and fourth suggestion are perfectly matching the pattern, thank you! ^.^ That means that there's just one smaller problem that needs to be dealt with, the blue-green creature should care about something that mono-green likes and that mono-blue doesn't like..

Vaporfeeder - ()()
Creature - Elemental
At the end of your turn, if a creature returned to your hand this turn, put two +1/+1 counters on Vaporfeeder.
2/2

Any ideas regarding the blue-green creature's abilities? ô.Ô
I actually like the () creature as-is. It feels very in-color, even if it doesn't fit the "pattern", (which I actually didn't even see until you mentioned it). And it could be argued that Painfeeder doesn't fit the pattern either, since it isn't exactly true that likes dealing damage to itself nor does white always dislike dealing damage. I say keep it.

Zammm = Batman