black red and white wall assult

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
lots of walls with 0 power .. you want power since you want to attack with them. Rage Nimbus wants to join your party!
MR. DORAN IS KNOCKING AT YOUR DOOR WONDERING HOW IN THE WORLD YOU DON'T HAVE HIM IN YOUR DECK

Seriously. Mr. Doran is just beastly with walls and Rolling Stones. Other than that, you need way more spells to support your creatures. Preferably some removal like Oblivion Ring, card draw like Night's Whisper and other basics you need in our deck. Doran decks are very creature based so Asceticism could be useful.

I've always wanted to use Eland Umbra in a Doran deck. But you mostly need spells that grant removal, Canopy Cover could work.

Hope this stuff helps. Maybe. Sort of. IDK
Dude! Please Learn How to Autocard!
To Autocard individual cards type [c*]Into the Maw of Hell[/c*] and remove the asterisks to get Into the Maw of Hell or Stuffy Doll. Ta-Da! Autocarded! When Autocarding a deck type: Yay! Now people are actually look at your decklist properly and help you improve it! Excellent! You can tell that I love exclamation marks!
Basics to Building a Solid Deck
1. Try to run playsets of cards (meaning 4 of a card). This way your deck will win more consistently and you will draw your better cards more often. 2. Make sure to focus your deck on one single idea that can win you the game and make sure all the cards in your deck contribute to that idea. You have a limited number of cards so make sure all of them count. For example, your deck could be a Elf Tribal deck, an Aggro aggressive deck or maybe a Control deck. 3. Card advantage is very important. You need to understand that cards the draw you more cards are extremely helpful. The more cards you have in your hand the more options you have. With more options you have a greater chance at winning the game. 4. Removal is also quite important. Most decks more or less should run at least some removal. 5. Last but not least, make sure your deck is exactly 60 cards! Even 61 is not acceptable. Good luck in deck building!
Amen to what bobbert said. I dont see how you dont have Doran, the Siege Tower in this kind of deck.
Doran, the Siege Tower is really good in decks like this but isn't completely needed from my experience. The problem with him is that you also need Rolling Stones in order for him to really become much of a threat. I prefer to use Doran with high toughness creatures that are already able to attack like Spellskite and Rhox Faithmender.

What I prefer to do with wall decks is use Sleeper Agent and Lust for War. Lust for War is amazing with Souls of the Faultless. Other cards like Pillory of the Sleepless and Stab Wound can also be helpful. That way, you're really taking advantage of having high toughness creatures that don't actually kill what is attacking you.

Some of the better defender creatures for a deck like this are:

Wall of Souls
Lobber Crew
Opal-Eye, Konda's Yojimbo
Wall of Omens 
Also running Doran will make Tireless Tribe thats a 1cmc become a 5/5. Pretty nifty.
@Dauthi, Doran does work better with cards like Grizzled Leotau, but I think it can work with walls. You have both Rolling Stones and the chariot thing. With sufficent draw, it could work. Its no fun if all Doran deck are the same.
To Autocard individual cards type [c*]Into the Maw of Hell[/c*] and remove the asterisks to get Into the Maw of Hell or Stuffy Doll. Ta-Da! Autocarded! When Autocarding a deck type: Yay! Now people are actually look at your decklist properly and help you improve it! Excellent! You can tell that I love exclamation marks!
1. Try to run playsets of cards (meaning 4 of a card). This way your deck will win more consistently and you will draw your better cards more often. 2. Make sure to focus your deck on one single idea that can win you the game and make sure all the cards in your deck contribute to that idea. You have a limited number of cards so make sure all of them count. For example, your deck could be a Elf Tribal deck, an Aggro aggressive deck or maybe a Control deck. 3. Card advantage is very important. You need to understand that cards the draw you more cards are extremely helpful. The more cards you have in your hand the more options you have. With more options you have a greater chance at winning the game. 4. Removal is also quite important. Most decks more or less should run at least some removal. 5. Last but not least, make sure your deck is exactly 60 cards! Even 61 is not acceptable. Good luck in deck building!
That's a good point. Doran could certainly work well here but it just takes a little extra work. The only other real problem is that he'd have to go into when he's already .

The main thing that I really want to do with Doran is try him out in a Gate deck with Hold the Gates. I think you could make a pretty cool decklist  with him, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice, Rhox Faithmender, and Korozda Guildmage.
4 colors is always annoying to run. I would cut red since it itsn't really providing much anyways. Doran decks are really fun Btw. 
Manor Gargoyle is an awsome defender that can become a wincon on its own.

Wall of Torches is a bit easier to cast then Wall of Fire.

Haunted Guardian gives you a lower casting cost first strike wall but with less defense.

Hold the Gates would work great in this deck since you have 12 guildgates.

Crackling Perimeter might work as well but Hold the Gates would be better.

Five-Alarm Fire would work in the deck assuming you used walls that can do some damage.

If you do keep Wall of Fire in something like Battle Hymn to give you a mana boost, Devil's Play or something to do direct damage can help in this case also.

Corpse Blockade might be a good addition if you feel you need more removal.

Walls generally have high defense which allows you to run something like Pyroclasm/Magmaquake for mass removal.

Boros Charm could help protect your walls from Supreme Verdict type effects or give you some direct damage.

Orzhov Charm would give you some decent removal.

I hope this helps GL!

Sign In to post comments