You've reached a New Level

12 posts / 0 new
Last post

Can't decide how exactly I want to support these creatures.  Go heavy blue and try to counter/control my opponent or go black and just try to destroy my opponent.

Suggestions??
well, no level up deck is complete (in my eyes) without Echo Mage. Maybe some proliferate to speed it up? Be nice to blink your Venerated Teacher so you get more counters too. There's a lot of great U/B control stuff out there so you've got options aplenty. What's gonna be your closer though? these guys are good but I don't see a bomb to really smash face. I mean, Halimar Wavewatch is essentially a 6/6 Islandwalk for like 12 mana which isn't that great if you look at it that way.

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

well, no level up deck is complete (in my eyes) without Echo Mage. Maybe some proliferate to speed it up? Be nice to blink your Venerated Teacher so you get more counters too. There's a lot of great U/B control stuff out there so you've got options aplenty. What's gonna be your closer though? these guys are good but I don't see a bomb to really smash face. I mean, Halimar Wavewatch is essentially a 6/6 Islandwalk for like 12 mana which isn't that great if you look at it that way.

you cant proliferate level up counters. only infect, +1/+1, -1/-1, and loyalty counters. also i would avoid adding blinking cards because you only want them with one guy, if you use them on anybody else woukdn't it reset their level up counters? 

btw you could drop either black or blue to add in white for Time of Heroes 

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
you cant proliferate level up counters. only infect, +1/+1, -1/-1, and loyalty counters. 

From the Comprehensive Rules:
701.24. Proliferate
701.24a To proliferate means to choose any number of permanents and/or players that have a counter, then give each exactly one additional counter of a kind that permanent or player already has.

Any counter can be proliferated not just +1/+1 and the others you mentioned. So proliferation in a level up deck is great and recommended!

My Commander decks! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942477/Endrek_Sahr,_Master_of_Disaster http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942329/*Rumbling_Stomach_Noises*_Guildpact_Borborygmos_Deck
I've been wanting to make a level up deck too. The problem is I do not know which way I want to go? Do level up creatures work best for a slower control where you wait around till you can max level up your creatures? Or should you be trying to run midrange aggro where you want to hit as fast and as hard as possible by leveling up as fast as possible?

OP was also sort of asking about that too.
Dude! Please Learn How to Autocard!
To Autocard individual cards type [c*]Into the Maw of Hell[/c*] and remove the asterisks to get Into the Maw of Hell or Stuffy Doll. Ta-Da! Autocarded! When Autocarding a deck type: Yay! Now people are actually look at your decklist properly and help you improve it! Excellent! You can tell that I love exclamation marks!
Basics to Building a Solid Deck
1. Try to run playsets of cards (meaning 4 of a card). This way your deck will win more consistently and you will draw your better cards more often. 2. Make sure to focus your deck on one single idea that can win you the game and make sure all the cards in your deck contribute to that idea. You have a limited number of cards so make sure all of them count. For example, your deck could be a Elf Tribal deck, an Aggro aggressive deck or maybe a Control deck. 3. Card advantage is very important. You need to understand that cards the draw you more cards are extremely helpful. The more cards you have in your hand the more options you have. With more options you have a greater chance at winning the game. 4. Removal is also quite important. Most decks more or less should run at least some removal. 5. Last but not least, make sure your deck is exactly 60 cards! Even 61 is not acceptable. Good luck in deck building!
I've been wanting to make a level up deck too. The problem is I do not know which way I want to go? Do level up creatures work best for a slower control where you wait around till you can max level up your creatures? Or should you be trying to run midrange aggro where you want to hit as fast and as hard as possible by leveling up as fast as possible?

OP was also sort of asking about that too.

I'm thinking the same questions, lol.  My first thought is to get out many creatures that can level up and proliferate the mess out of them until I proceed to win.  I'm thinking Grixis colors using Guul Draz assassin, Training Grounds, Venerated Teacher, Tezzeret's gambit, Volt Charge etc.
My Commander decks! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942477/Endrek_Sahr,_Master_of_Disaster http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942329/*Rumbling_Stomach_Noises*_Guildpact_Borborygmos_Deck
@Bibbo, Yeah. That is what I thought too. However, if you are going to be waiting around for so long to level up your creatures, would you need some controlish elements in your deck like counter spells and heavy removal? Well if you run that, you would not be able to fight enough level up creatures for your deck to work efficently. I don't know, level up decks are hard to get right. 
Dude! Please Learn How to Autocard!
To Autocard individual cards type [c*]Into the Maw of Hell[/c*] and remove the asterisks to get Into the Maw of Hell or Stuffy Doll. Ta-Da! Autocarded! When Autocarding a deck type: Yay! Now people are actually look at your decklist properly and help you improve it! Excellent! You can tell that I love exclamation marks!
Basics to Building a Solid Deck
1. Try to run playsets of cards (meaning 4 of a card). This way your deck will win more consistently and you will draw your better cards more often. 2. Make sure to focus your deck on one single idea that can win you the game and make sure all the cards in your deck contribute to that idea. You have a limited number of cards so make sure all of them count. For example, your deck could be a Elf Tribal deck, an Aggro aggressive deck or maybe a Control deck. 3. Card advantage is very important. You need to understand that cards the draw you more cards are extremely helpful. The more cards you have in your hand the more options you have. With more options you have a greater chance at winning the game. 4. Removal is also quite important. Most decks more or less should run at least some removal. 5. Last but not least, make sure your deck is exactly 60 cards! Even 61 is not acceptable. Good luck in deck building!
@Bibbo, Yeah. That is what I thought too. However, if you are going to be waiting around for so long to level up your creatures, would you need some controlish elements in your deck like counter spells and heavy removal? Well if you run that, you would not be able to fight enough level up creatures for your deck to work efficently. I don't know, level up decks are hard to get right. 

I play in a playgroup that is most of the time multiplayer so you can usually get enough time to level everything up properly.  Also there is the spell Spread the Sickness which levels you up and proliferates.
Thanks for all the advice, actually feel kinda stupid that I forgot about Proliferate.
Training Grounds, is adding a level counter considered an activated ability?

I had thought about using white but I'm working mostly with cards I have and I only have 2 white level up cards and even then I don't have full playsets of them.

But the main question still remains. Try to control my opponent and just poke them to death with the few creatures I have, or add more ways to beef up my creatures and just overwhelm my opponent.

Deadly Allure
undying evil
or somehow adding Hexproof mizzium skin
I have read on the forums before that level up creatures work good with Illusionist's Bracers to help it level up twice as fast. Someone else would need to confirm this though I have never personally used a level up creature before.

Maybe adding some flickering effects to use Venerated Teacher more often could help out. Venser, the Sojourner comes to mind, as does Ghostly Flicker.
you cant proliferate level up counters. only infect, +1/+1, -1/-1, and loyalty counters. 

From the Comprehensive Rules:
701.24. Proliferate
701.24a To proliferate means to choose any number of permanents and/or players that have a counter, then give each exactly one additional counter of a kind that permanent or player already has.

Any counter can be proliferated not just +1/+1 and the others you mentioned. So proliferation in a level up deck is great and recommended!

i thought there was a rules change in proliferate to what i specified...my bad

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Training Grounds does work.